Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 07-03-2019, 11:57 AM   #3631
Atlantisatdawn
Cross country skiing is great if you live in a small country.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valderen View Post
I doubt they'll announce anything about the new Shard while the old one is still in stock 2 years later.

Poxxil while awesome, was a bit too weird for my taste and I thought too expensive.

Odium while also awesome was too expensive also, but I always expected him to be sadly.

I'm hoping Ravlatch will be my next CotD though. nothing about him says high price. I'm hoping around the same as the new Gethsemoni, Gallevarbe and Kier.

I just want them to announce something new(premium format) in this line.
I'm not sure, somebody on here said Tom on a livestream said Shard would be made eventually, but nothing about Sheive, I think 3000 was too many for the first one, I've ask this before, but couldn't they just stop manufacturing a statue if it stops selling? They seem to make them in batches and not all 3000 at once, I think the 2nd shard would sell if its 500 to 800 pieces easy, so I'm praying they make that one, I ordered Poxxil and he is odd looking, he looks like something from a medieval painting from Hieronymus Bosch and so I love it, Odium is super expensive and I ordered him anyways, but hopefully Ravlatch is in the price range you said, his base is pretty plain so hopefully everybody who wants him can afford to get him
Atlantisatdawn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2019, 06:59 PM   #3632
Vic Viper
Fantastic Four

I'm sure Shard Fury will be released at some point. She's practically done, fully sculpted, painted and appears to be in high demand. To me she's like the shard 2.0 much like the re-release of Gethsemoni, Kier and Gallevarbe.

Shieve on the other hand is kind of an odd ball character. The head sculpt was interesting, but we really couldn't see the details behind the bloody white cloth. At least I haven't seen any pics of it. Can't really tell if she was even done or not.

I'm guessing the price of Relic Ravlatch at around 475. I feel that he should be priced at around the same as Kier, nothing ground breaking about this piece or anything that Sideshow haven't done. I sure hope the sword will be made of metal at least. He does have a intricate looking shield that covers nearly his entire back, but I get the feeling that it will probably be made of PVC much like Mortighull's armors. I also find his facial features a bit comical, kind of reminds me of The Frozen Dead.
Vic Viper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2019, 08:55 PM   #3633
DeadGhostKnight
This is Dr. DGK, I'm listening...
SF ReviewerModerator

Ravlatch is pretty detailed with some complex elements and cut and sew I doubt he'll be under 550... I hope I'm wrong of course but I doubt it. Still looking forward to him and hoping he has cool swap outs.
DeadGhostKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2019, 09:24 PM   #3634
Atlantisatdawn

Vic viper, you could be right about Sheive, kinda like the red death, not probably the most popular type character, but it reminds me of something off a Slayer CD cover and i like it, and i hope Ravlatch stays under $600, because i already have payment plans for Poxill and Odium, I'm honestly hoping to just buy Ravlatch next February after I get tax money back, really thinking Tom might have something new and awesome coming this year at SDCC
Old 07-03-2019, 11:09 PM   #3635
Atlantisatdawn

DeadGhostKnight, love the swap outs, not sure what they could swap out on Ravlatch, I think his portrait is pretty much set, maybe the arm holding the lantern could be different?
Old 07-04-2019, 05:48 AM   #3636
DeadGhostKnight
SF ReviewerModerator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlantisatdawn View Post
Vic viper, you could be right about Sheive, kinda like the red death, not probably the most popular type character, but it reminds me of something off a Slayer CD cover and i like it, and i hope Ravlatch stays under $600, because i already have payment plans for Poxill and Odium, I'm honestly hoping to just buy Ravlatch next February after I get tax money back, really thinking Tom might have something new and awesome coming this year at SDCC
I'd much prefer them to release Sheive as she plays a part in the Court and we don't already have her and this is the 2nd design for her....i'd hope that SS could sell enough of them to warrant making her, i think she's a super cool piece.....but then Red Death is one of my fave pieces in the COTD

As i have said with Shard before, i don't think they should release pieces that are looking back on the lore, the Faith Bearer piece ( don't get me wrong it's a stunning piece ) is Shard before she's in the Court and i'd much rather see her further along her journey than going back.

Also f_ck both these pieces, wheres my Exraile PF lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlantisatdawn View Post
DeadGhostKnight, love the swap outs, not sure what they could swap out on Ravlatch, I think his portrait is pretty much set, maybe the arm holding the lantern could be different?
Yeah i mean he looks pretty much perfect as is...but i do like the COTD pieces having EX pieces...maybe just a little something to put on the base?
Old 07-04-2019, 07:43 AM   #3637
Atlantisatdawn

I like Sheive as well and would buy it, however I love the Shard piece, I'm a history nerd and I love this KnightsTemplar design, it's a first day order for me without question if it is every made available, also another dream piece for me would be Kier when she was still a angel, so I don't mind the throwback character designs, honestly I just want as many pieces as possible from this amazing line, and as for Ravlatch I agree something extra on his base would be good because it's a fairly plain looking base, but I'm just happy hes finally close to being released
Old 07-04-2019, 10:30 AM   #3638
Vic Viper
Fantastic Four

I know my $475 estimate on Ravlatch was probably a bit on the low end, with Sideshows current prices $575 might certainly be possible these days.

It's a bit disturbing to think that a piece like this probably would have cost merely $300 years back. I actually see a lot of the elements from some of the LoTR pieces that I owned on Ravlatch. From the chainmail armor to the mix media stitching. I really wouldn't call this a "complicated" piece, but $550 is probably a better estimate I agreed. As far as switch outs on him, it would be cool if you can replace the lantern with the shield but I know that's not going to happen since that requires some serious work involving weight issues. They would probably need to make a second shield with the forearm attached just for that. Perhaps a second portrait without helmet would be much feasible.

Red Death is a really interesting piece in the series. I got rid of mine for various reasons, but mostly I just felt that the statue was just "incomplete". He was just too bared, yes the gimmicky light up base was cool and all but I would rather have a larger and more complicated base design. The cape was also thin and cheap looking compare to other PF pieces, plus it wasn't even wired so you can't shape it like you could with Kier or Shard which in my opinion was a very important element. Yes, it is perhaps one the the most grotesque statue that Sideshow has produced, so if that's your thing he is certainly unique.

I too would like to see Shieve produced. I would put her in the same group as Poxxil which I personally prefer over say Odium.
Vic Viper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2019, 01:26 PM   #3639
Lonewolf65
Luke Cage

Don't know if this had been mentioned before so forgive me if it has...it also may be a tad specific but...
Kier deaths warbringer at the moment has free shipping to the UK, just in case anyone was thinking of getting her.

edit;Exalted Reaper General also has a $150.00 off with code EXALT18

another edit;Eater of the Dead 10.00% off with code COTDCLEO FREE Shipping to United Kingdom (GB)
Lonewolf65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2019, 01:42 PM   #3640
DeadGhostKnight
SF ReviewerModerator

Shipping for Kier to the UK was $148 so that's a massive saving and i'd tell anyone to pick her up, especially as it's the exclusive....

This is why i try not to PO anything COTD because just 6 months later she's still in stock with a massive discount!

But anyone who hasn't got her and is in the UK/Europe...ORDER HER!