Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 07-13-2019, 07:52 PM   #3711
Atlantisatdawn
Cross country skiing is great if you live in a small country.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadGhostKnight View Post
Doing Kier as an angel serves no purpose, it's not her character, it's not what makes her what she is or what she's about and certainly nothing to with the Court overall.

I understand people want Angel and Demon statues but it's really not what the COTD is about....
Maybe it's not what shes about in the story currently, but it's her origin story of how she ended up in the underworld, I think that stuff is awesome, that's why I also want Shard Faith Bearers so much, I love there origin, and from what I understand Death is battling against heaven and hell so I think its totally relevant to the story
Atlantisatdawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2019, 08:03 PM   #3712
DeadGhostKnight
This is Dr. DGK, I'm listening...
SF ReviewerModerator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlantisatdawn View Post
Maybe it's not what shes about in the story currently, but it's her origin story of how she ended up in the underworld, I think that stuff is awesome, that's why I also want Shard Faith Bearers so much, I love there origin, and from what I understand Death is battling against heaven and hell so I think its totally relevant to the story
She's cast out of Heaven by her sisters for being different, because he sisters comet hits hers, so she's different to the point where her sister is radiant and Kier is in shadow, so there is no blonde haired, gold armoured Kier, she never was that. That's what Death does he finds these beings that are different and gives them a home in the Court, her story before the Court is pretty irrelevant, she's not a character before Death finds her...Exraile is an Angel also.

He's not battling Heaven and Hell he collects Etherea which he gives to Heaven and Hell, the Court is his realm between Heaven and Hell.

People seem to think that COTD is all about battles and killing but it's really not and characters like Kier, Death, Oglavaeil etc are very different than what people think, very misunderstood, sober and calm....Oglavaeil for instance hates that he's an executioner and has to take lives, he's a very gentle soul.

I can't recommend people read up on what little lore is out there, get the chronicle, grave tales and shadows of the underwold...it'll give you a huge insight into the world.

I know people just buy these because they look cool....but i think knowing a little of the lore gives you an understanding of what Sideshow is doing and why certain things aren't getting made....

But even i don't understand the Oglavaeil re-release lol.
DeadGhostKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2019, 08:12 PM   #3713
Nugchompa
Captain Marvel

Quite displeased with the rerelease. If they are going to do that, release the siren again.
Nugchompa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2019, 08:14 PM   #3714
Atlantisatdawn

Quote:
She's cast out of Heaven by her sisters for being different, because he sisters comet hits hers, so she's different to the point where her sister is radiant and Kier is in shadow, so there is no blonde haired, gold armoured Kier, she never was that. That's what Death does he finds these beings that are different and gives them a home in the Court, her story before the Court is pretty irrelevant, she's not a character before Death finds her...Exraile is an Angel also.

He's not battling Heaven and Hell he collects Etherea which he gives to Heaven and Hell, the Court is his realm between Heaven and Hell.

People seem to think that COTD is all about battles and killing but it's really not and characters like Kier, Death, Oglavaeil etc are very different than what people think, very misunderstood, sober and calm....Oglavaeil for instance hates that he's an executioner and has to take lives, he's a very gentle soul.

I can't recommend people read up on what little lore is out there, get the chronicle, grave tales and shadows of the underwold...it'll give you a huge insight into the world.

I know people just buy these because they look cool....but i think knowing a little of the lore gives you an understanding of what Sideshow is doing and why certain things aren't getting made....

But even i don't understand the Oglavaeil re-release lol.
Well that was a good explanation of the characters you just gave, so I'm thinking maybe what Majestic1 said about her twin sister who is still a angel would be a good choice instead of kier maybe, don't get me wrong the story is important and I'm not totally up on all of it, but I'm a fan of Angel's and Demons just as art pieces mostly because there are so many cool characters that could come from them, and yeah I'm sure whoever they choose will be cool because I like every statue so far and would even buy Oglavaeil if his eyes were different, I dont consider myself a geek but I really geek out over the COTD and am eagerly awaiting next week
Old 07-13-2019, 08:26 PM   #3715
DeadGhostKnight
SF ReviewerModerator

double post.
Old 07-13-2019, 08:27 PM   #3716
DeadGhostKnight
SF ReviewerModerator

For me i want characters who are important to the story and lore they have established and Elianastis or Exraile are at the top of my list.

Ellianastis is the only faction leader who hasn't been made.

Exraile is too ----ing cool not to be made and was a main character in SOTU.

Old 07-13-2019, 08:27 PM   #3717
Maldis
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Death is preparing for the war against both Heaven and Hell. He wants to break the cycle of nonstop warfare between the two. That is the whole purpose of him continuing to build up the court. Their most recent story video alludes to this.

Odium is going to be a wild card. It looks like there is going to be a conflict between the bone and flesh factions call the "war of flesh and bone". The queen created him but broke some rules in the process. This info is on SS's YouTube video where they first showed Odium a year or two ago. The video is called "news from the court of the dead creative team".

Kier's story and others can be found on sideshow's site here. There is a videos tab available there too that has some great content.

Exraile would be a day one PO for me.
Maldis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2019, 08:53 PM   #3718
Vic Viper
Fantastic Four

What's the deal with the supposedly 4th faction "Blood"?

Any chance that we'll get to see some brand new characters?
Vic Viper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2019, 10:48 PM   #3719
Atlantisatdawn

Quote:
For me i want characters who are important to the story and lore they have established and Elianastis or Exraile are at the top of my list.

Ellianastis is the only faction leader who hasn't been made.

Exraile is too ----ing cool not to be made and was a main character in SOTU.

So many possibilities from this line and hopefully we all get something we want, I think there's a good chance on one of yours, Tom got a big tattoo of Ellianastis recently, so she is probably very important to him
Old 07-14-2019, 04:12 AM   #3720
majestic1
Green Lantern Corps
Adamantium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlantisatdawn View Post
...does anybody know exactly what day people get to see SDCC, I know it's a day or so before it officially opens
Wednesday is preview night so that's when we will see what is there, Sideshow usually had Susan do a video tour of the booth each year before the crowds were let in, hopefully another SS employee will do the same.
majestic1 is offline   Reply With Quote