Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 09-16-2018, 02:27 PM   #1311
built2shred
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by dechirico7 View Post
I think the bases are nice. Not a huge fan of Psylocke's but the rest have interesting bases. I love the flower on Poison Ivy, I get the ruined Cerebro base with Juggernaught footprint on Emma now, Mystique has the ruined institute rubble base, X-23 has the cool sentinel piece, Rogue has the Danger Room saw. Most make sense. Sideshow never went to the extreme with their bases. You can't expect them to do bases like XM. Which I am glad they don't. I don't want to devote 2/3 of my display to a base. I want to actually focus on the character. And I think Sideshow knows that not all their collectors want huge bases. Plus, that gives them the opportunity to stay at their current costs.

XM Mystique: 1150 SPD = $836.85 USD
SS Mystique: $570

The XM piece is almost $270 more.
Some will argue that that is due to the switchouts and larger base, I get it.
You are still paying high prices, it isn't just Sideshow.
You don't have to have huge footprints to make a detailed base, look at Tweeterheads Joker and Harley, their bases are pretty detailed out and they don't take up a lot of room... Of course your paying for that given those Statues costs $300 where the other ones in that line are around $230-$250

IMO The switch outs alone on XM pieces justify the higher price tag. Custom portraits cost around $250 painted, XM always gives you 2-3 portraits to choose from along with multiple arm switch outs.. I think spazzy was charging around $100 for his custom batman arms.

So yes XM statues are more expensive but you defiantly get a lot for the extra $270.00
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2018, 02:28 PM   #1312
crimsinwing1989
The Masters of Evil

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernLadMSP View Post
I hate it, and as much as I'm not a fan of the "looks like a man" comments, the new one is in no way more feminine or pretty as compared to the original. In fact, it actually does look more masculine to me because they reduced the brow area and shrunk the lips.
Fact!
crimsinwing1989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2018, 02:31 PM   #1313
dechirico7
The Flash

Quote:
Originally Posted by built2shred View Post
You don't have to have huge footprints to make a detailed base, look at Tweeterheads Joker and Harley, their bases are pretty detailed out and they don't take up a lot of room... Of course your paying for that given those Statues costs $300 where the other ones in that line are around $230-$250

IMO The switch outs alone on XM pieces justify the higher price tag. Custom portraits cost around $250 painted, XM always gives you 2-3 portraits to choose from along with multiple arm switch outs.. I think spazzy was charging around $100 for his custom batman arms.

So yes XM statues are more expensive but you defiantly get a lot for the extra $270.00
Yes, but you are still paying the high prices for these statues.
For the XM extras, you are paying $270 more.
If we are comparing just 1/4 scale lines, you are still paying comparable prices.
dechirico7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2018, 08:25 PM   #1314
Y3E
Gen 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by built2shred View Post

If paying lower prices for less switchout I am for it. I don't mind one or two COHs, but when you have a plethora of parts, for me, it just lies around. I used to think it was cool, now I see it as clutter. My P1 AK Harley and IS Darth Vader, I have their extra arms and heads just lying around on the shelf, behind the statues if I can. I can't imagine having a collection of statues full of extra parts.
Y3E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2018, 08:33 PM   #1315
demonhunter
Kingpin

I hardly switch out any parts of statue. Because once I've settled for the portrait I like best and the best arms I like best, that's it. I keep it as it is, the entire statue with the best parts displayed in an acrylic case.

I don't go around every other week or month, and say : "Hmmm....I feel like I need a change up for Wolverine, time to display the unmasked face instead and take down the masked head. I'll change it back later when I feel like it again."
demonhunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2018, 08:49 PM   #1316
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

Thank God not everyone is the same as you.
NorthernLadMSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2018, 09:01 PM   #1317
built2shred
Phoenix

Even If you don't use the switch outs once you setup the statue it still gives you the choice of how you want your statue to look like when you first set it up.

I would be curious to see what XM would charge for a simple statue standing on a very simple looking base with no switch outs...
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2018, 09:50 PM   #1318
sith_apprentice
The Avengers

If Sideshow is even hinting at an X-Force Psylocke, then I'm on hold. I've only got room for about 2 more statues, and I could definitely go with X-Force.
sith_apprentice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2018, 10:10 PM   #1319
markuz30
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

If Sideshow started doing multiple switch-outs, and elaborate bases, Will it be okay with you guys if they started charging 270 USD more than the usual? Since based on what I am reading most of you are okay with it provided the quality is good.
markuz30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2018, 11:34 PM   #1320
Graven
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Quote:
Originally Posted by markuz30 View Post
If Sideshow started doing multiple switch-outs, and elaborate bases, Will it be okay with you guys if they started charging 270 USD more than the usual? Since based on what I am reading most of you are okay with it provided the quality is good.
Yesterday i saw Sideshow Madame Hydra 1/5 EX was 280 USD with 2 portraits, 4 switchout arms and artprint. Seemed to be no problem to offer extra parts. Now they charge more and stopped doing multiple switch-outs. They even started charge more for the exclusive. And you want to rise these new prices to get these switch-outs back?
Graven is offline   Reply With Quote