Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Tweeterhead

Old 11-30-2018, 11:58 AM   #401
Gothamite
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernLadMSP View Post
True, and it can go in the opposite direction as well in the case of statues that start with a high ES and the full run doesn't get produced.
Which again renders numbering statues useless.

"Congratulations! You got number __ of a finite but indeterminate number of statues!"
Gothamite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2018, 11:59 AM   #402
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gothamite View Post
Which again renders numbering statues equally useless.
Yes, I see your point.

At the end of the day, the two most important aspects to me are art direction and quality control.
NorthernLadMSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2018, 12:24 PM   #403
Demona
Martian Manhunter

Quote:
Actually, since factories make spare/replacement parts, you never know what a true edition size is. Also, you don't know how many "Artists Proof" freebies were made, so the "edition number" is essentially a lie.
It's a more controlled lie with a defined number. They aren't going to make 500 more statues for spare parts or artist proofs. Which can not be said for open edition.
Demona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2018, 03:32 PM   #404
built2shred
Phoenix

Technically AP's are not suppose to be left over statue parts, after the run is done and everything shipped to customers, the extra statue/parts should be destroyed not sold as new statues.

Otherwise it kind of defeats the purpose of an Edition Size.
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2018, 04:28 PM   #405
Gothamite
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by built2shred View Post
Technically AP's are not suppose to be left over statue parts, after the run is done and everything shipped to customers, the extra statue/parts should be destroyed not sold as new statues.

Otherwise it kind of defeats the purpose of an Edition Size.
That's what PCS has done.

http://www.statueforum.com/showthread.php?t=165448
Old 11-30-2018, 10:35 PM   #406
pdenham
Teen Titans

Since there didn't seem to be any compelling reason to order direct with this one, I just put an order in with Alter-Ego.

I would like to support Tweeterhead directly for these, but the $100 deposit is a bridge too far this year. Especially now, after I've just dropped a gob on BF deals for other areas of interest.
And I still haven't started buying Xmas gifts yet.

...And WW is dropping in a few weeks which is $150 I'm already on the hook for.

While I was at it, I locked in an order for Donna Troy with BBTS. In this case, it's not just that the deposit is too high, it's that I'm not sure I really want/need it. I like having the flexibility to cancel it without penalty.
pdenham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2018, 12:33 AM   #407
SludgesicleMan
Mephisto

The point of the number is for the edition size. So you can say you have 200 out of 250. You know there is only 250 of them and you have the one someone wrote 200 on. It’s that simple and it’s fun to talk to other collectors to see what number they were issued.
SludgesicleMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2018, 01:32 AM   #408
Gothamite
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by SludgesicleMan View Post
The point of the number is for the edition size. So you can say you have 200 out of 250. You know there is only 250 of them and you have the one someone wrote 200 on. It’s that simple and it’s fun to talk to other collectors to see what number they were issued.
The ES is written on the cardboard box.
Old 12-01-2018, 01:40 AM   #409
JoeWorf
The Herculoids

Quote:
Numbers are functionally useless. They're just placebos for people who want to think their statue is "special".
Gotta agree with this one. I recall back when I was collecting the Playmates line of Star Trek: The Next Generation action figures and they were all numbered on the bottom of one foot and the company touted this as being a great collectible aspect.... Yeah, right. There were probably a minimum of about 10,000 of these things per figure and THIS was going to make them more cherished????!!!!??? Thought it was idiotic then and still do now. Maybe if we were talking about the actual first car off the assembly line like "Job One" for say, the original Ford Mustang, you might have something worthy of collecting and the distinction.
JoeWorf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2018, 01:51 AM   #410
Gothamite
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeWorf View Post
Gotta agree with this one. I recall back when I was collecting the Playmates line of Star Trek: The Next Generation action figures and they were all numbered on the bottom of one foot and the company touted this as being a great collectible aspect.... Yeah, right. There were probably a minimum of about 10,000 of these things per figure and THIS was going to make them more cherished????!!!!??? Thought it was idiotic then and still do now. Maybe if we were talking about the actual first car off the assembly line like "Job One" for say, the original Ford Mustang, you might have something worthy of collecting and the distinction.
Yup. If you search for Bowen Artists Proofs on eBay, you'll see that they were numbered "__ out of ----", with a literal dash for the "ES" size. Only Bowen and their factories know how many statues were manufactured.

ES numbering = waste of time