Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Infinity Studios / Gantaku / Queen Studios

Old 08-01-2021, 01:02 AM   #31
T3xAsFi3nd
Fantastic Four

I'm seeing this for the first time. Being a huge Heath Ledger Joker fan(to the point where I have Heath Ledger Joker tattoos) I'm not feeling this one, unfortunately. Not sure what it is, maybe because it's a life size statue? I definitely give Queen studios credit for their ambition In trying to tackle a piece like this but I think their 1/4 scale version is 1000x better. Congrats to anyone who will pick this up though. Even if I had the money and more importantly the room, I would still pass on this statue. With that said, ill stick with my JND 1/3 HL Joker.

Side note, it would be cool to at least see this life size statue in person.
T3xAsFi3nd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2021, 09:56 AM   #32
TheBishop
Justice League

HI THERE QUEEN STUDIOS! FYI JUST GOING TO MENTION A FEW THINGS THAT MAY HELP WHEN TWEAKING THE LIFESIZE STATUE -

1- THE MANNEQUIN IS TOO SKINNY -
LEDGER IS NOT AS SKINNY AS JOAQUIN AND SO THEY NEED TO BEEF HIM UP A BIT. THAT IS WHY THE COAT JUST DRAPES ON IT LIKE ITS ON A COAT HANGER. YOU WILL NEED EITHER A THICKER MANNEQUIN OR PUT A MUSCLE TYPE SUIT OVER THE MANNEQUIN ITSELF SO THE CLOTHING LOOKS APPROPRIATE.

2. THE COAT MATERIAL/TEXTURE LOOKS CHEAP -
THE COAT AS DISPLAYED IS MORE OF A THIN WOOL BATHROBE FABRIC RATHER THAN THAT OF A NICE TAILORED EXPENSIVE COAT/SUIT - IT LOOKS LIKE ITS BEEN WASHED 400 TIMES AND IS WORN OUT. IT NEEDS TO LOOK LIKE A CRISP CLEAN LAYERED STITCHED SUIT/COAT. THE LITTLE DETAILS WILL BE REALLY IMPORTANT TO GET RIGHT BECAUSE THE OUTFIT WILL MAKE OR BREAK THIS. THE COLOR IS ALSO SLIGHTLY OFF.

3. MAKEUP APPLICATION IS TOO THICK AND OPAQUE -
THIN OUT THE MAKEUP AS HIS WRINKLES AND FACIAL FEATURES ARE COVERED UP TOO MUCH …IT LOOKS TOO CLEAN AND HIS EXPRESSION IS DULLED …

4. HAIR TOO THICK -
THEY NEED TO THIN THE HAIR OUT SLIGHTLY AND MAKE IT A BIT MORE STRINGY AND GREESY LOOKING…. ITS A BIT TO NICE LOOKING LIKE HE JUST GOT OUT OF THE SALON.

5. FACIAL EXPRESSION -
THIS MAY BE DUE OT THE THICK MAKEUP APPLICATION BUT IT LOOKS UNINSPIRED… HE NEEDS MORE LIFE TO HIS EXPRESSION.

6. THE BASE NEEDS TO BE PAINTED -
THERE ARE PARTS OF THE BASE THAT THE PAPER MONEY DOESNT COVER UP SO THOSE PARTS NEED TO BE PAINTED TO APPEAR LIKE STACKED MONEY
TheBishop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2022, 06:55 AM   #33
Shoo
Hercules

Shoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2022, 04:49 PM   #34
qz33
Doctor Doom

1st picture really confirms how unersized Queens busts are.
qz33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2022, 08:49 PM   #35
azurepred
Zot

Huge improvement here. The shoulders looks more hunched. The hair is improved. The tailoring is improved. I wish I had the space and funds for this one. Maybe I'll try to flip my JND and QS Jokers to put towards it lol.
azurepred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2022, 06:40 AM   #36
Shoo
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queen Studios Collectibles
Heath Ledger Joker 1/1 Statue Highlight

At China Joy last year the QS team displayed a Work In Progress version of the 1/1 Heath Ledger Joker Statue. At the time we received a lot of feedback from collectors.

We took these feedback seriously, and we?ve made some adjustments since then. Check out the improvement belows:

1.For the suit, we upgraded the quality of the fabrics used on the clothing, paying more attention to the tailoring to capture his iconic purple outfit.

2.The head sculpt has been tweaked to capture the character even closely, and our artists recreated the make up more accurately.

3.His hair has been re-done, cut, styled and died to create a more authentic look.

Shoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2022, 10:03 AM   #37
NYC Joker
A day without sunshine is like... night.

It looks much better but I question the target audience for this piece and how much demand there will be.
NYC Joker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2022, 02:56 PM   #38
Iko Iko
The InJustice League

Agree that it looks much better than their previous effort. Still feels a little too skinny to me.
Iko Iko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2022, 03:29 PM   #39
azurepred
Zot

One could probably save a lot of money buying their future purple coat bust, cutting the head off, having a custom mannequin and base made. The full screen accurate outfit is already available to buy.
azurepred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2022, 04:54 PM   #40
ukshaun
Hercules

I can see the Hand Grenades causing some issues going through customs
He does look on the skinny side, especially his legs.
ukshaun is offline   Reply With Quote