Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > General Discussion

Old 09-03-2012, 12:54 PM   #1
VaultMan
Advanced Tweet Mechanic
Adamantium Member

Worst nightmares?

Either as a kid or even as a grown up? I still remember having nightmares as a kid of falling into an ocean of water...dont really have this dream anymore, but still petrified of water, and watching Titanic is like watching a horror movie
VaultMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 01:25 PM   #2
Teague
Iron Man

Fun question.

One of the most vivid dreams I recall as a kid was a nightmare in which I was being chased around a barn by a muppet (one of those "people" ones, like Franklin or Prairie Dawn, from Sesame Street...which probably tells you how old I was here--about 5 or so?). The muppet had a green head, dark hair, and...teeth. I remember being very scared. He chased me around and around the barn until he finally caught up to me and bit me.

I woke up with teeth marks on my arm. Freaked out my five-year-old self COMPLETELY.

I'm sure I bit myself in my sleep, but man, that was a weird dream.
Teague is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 01:28 PM   #3
Argonus
Kindly Asked To Leave

I was staying at my Grandmother's house in the early 80's with my youngest sister and my Grandmother, for one month during the summer. The Night Stalker, Richard Ramirez, was last seen/killed his last victim somewhat close to where my Grandmother lived (she has one of the first.. literally.. homes in Tustin, CA; it's awesome). I stayed up all night when we heard he was "nearby", and sat in her parlor, watching the sliding glass doors that looked out onto her backyard, baseball bat in hand. Nobody was going to hurt my Grandma or sister.

I heard someone down in her orange trees (which she still has.. haha...), and I decided to go investigate, and it turned out to be a Hispanic guy and his son stealing them.. but... initially I just saw the man and my heart stopped, since I thought it was Ramirez, and the man seemed more concerned with the light on in the den more than he did with the orange trees. I thought he was Ramirez. I watched, cut off from the house, and eventually his son came up and they talked about something (didn't know spanish back then) then left.. with their oranges.

I was around 10 years old (wow), and I had nightmares for a little while after that.
Argonus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 02:10 PM   #4
Nyxs
The Avengers

Used to dream about this really open, dark place and always found myself sitting on a chair in the middle of that place unable to leave, and there was a giant pendulum swinging in front of me. It scared the hell out of me in a "I can't explain why" kind of way.
Nyxs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 04:44 PM   #5
JM28Cardiff
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

I had a strange experience once. I was lying in bed, but I actually thought I was fully awake. I sensed my bedroom door burst open, someting jumped on my chest and growled in my face. I was scared and opened my eyes, fully expecting to see something on top of me, and there was nothing there.
JM28Cardiff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 06:48 PM   #6
Babytoxie
Ghost

As a child, I occasionally had a nightmare where I was running down a hallway made up of pipes, ducts, wires, etc. Everything in the distance in front and in back of me was dark, and only the area around me was illuminated (where the light came from, I don't know). Anyway, something was chasing me, and I could hear it behind me but could never see it. Eventually, the light stopped moving with me, and I ran ahead into darkness. Then I woke up.
Babytoxie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 07:08 PM   #7
lord odin
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

Life
lord odin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 07:34 PM   #8
dechirico7
The Flash

As a kid, I always dreamed I could fly. They were so realistic too. For a while there I swore I could fly.

In my teens I always had nightmares about all my teeth falling out.

Don't really have them now.
dechirico7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 07:39 PM   #9
VaultMan
Advanced Tweet Mechanic
Adamantium Member

This thread is creepy
VaultMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 08:10 PM   #10
Batwing
Cobra Command

I won't say that this was a nightmare but it was both a dream and the closest thing I had to a supernatural experience and I still wonder if it was a dream actually.

Ten years ago I was on a business trip in Japan and stayed in the Imperial Hotel, one of the oldest hotels in Tokyo. The rooms are decorated in a dark wood style. That first night I hadn't had any dinner conversation about ghosts or anything like that, incidentally. And I generally don't watch horror ghost story movies.

I went to sleep and then 'woke up' to sounds of crying. The room was exactly the way it is (unlike other dreams where dimensions change or you're in a different place) so it felt like I was actually awake. I was a little groggy and walked to the front door and looked through the peephole and saw someone who looks like that Sadako from "The Ring," standing outside at my door.

I wasn't scared or anything and instead asked why she was crying. I rubbed my eyes, asked her to wait, and then suddenly she was instantly in my room, sitting on the edge of my bed, hair still covering the face and crying. I didn't flinch and asked the same question, out of concern. I told her to wait while I phoned the frontdesk for help. For some reason I wasn't spooked that she suddenly appeared in my room without me having opened the door!

Then I suddenly woke up for real, in my bed, and the room was exactly the way it was, and it appeared exactly the way it did in the 'dream.'

Until today I still don't know for sure if it was a real dream or an encounter with a ghost who obviously didn't understand English, which is why she vanished soon after appearing!
Batwing is offline   Reply With Quote