Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 03-24-2018, 02:03 PM   #631
jpuli28
If you saw a heat wave, would you wave back?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister H View Post
Would be nice to hear from them. See what their response is to the criticisms and/or hear their rationale for their design choices. They read posts here right?
Yes but wont happen. Igo likes to swoop in make sarcastic remarks to differing views, although some informative but never directly addresses controversy.
jpuli28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2018, 02:27 PM   #632
crimsinwing1989
The Masters of Evil

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpuli28 View Post
Yes but wont happen. Igo likes to swoop in make sarcastic remarks to differing views, although some informative but never directly addresses controversy.
Unfortunately i don’t think they look highly upon these boards, i imagine that they may mock, even consider the collectors on this board as always complaining/whining instead of recognizes it as a passionate fanbase.
crimsinwing1989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2018, 02:29 PM   #633
Das Brutah
The Avengers

It’s an interesting design approach to the character. I appreciate the more realistic, armored design approach to his costume. If this is what the costume looked like in the next Batman stand alone movie we would all freak out in a positive way.

It is way different approach than what I expected....
Das Brutah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2018, 02:35 PM   #634
jpuli28

Quote:
Originally Posted by crimsinwing1989 View Post
Unfortunately i don’t think they look highly upon these boards, i imagine that they may mock, even consider the collectors on this board as always complaining/whining instead of recognizes it as a passionate fanbase.
That would be unfortunate because were real ppl with real opinions, regardless of venue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Das Brutah View Post
It’s an interesting design approach to the character. I appreciate the more realistic, armored design approach to his costume. If this is what the costume looked like in the next Batman stand alone movie we would all freak out in a positive way.

It is way different approach than what I expected....
Doubt it
Old 03-24-2018, 02:39 PM   #635
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by crimsinwing1989 View Post
This. It's quite interesting because you don't often see reps from other companies treating customer feedback/complaints in a mocking or condescending way. That is a pretty huge tell for how they view their own fanbase. I've even seen it on their live shows many times, the kind of holier-than-thou attitude they get when talking about certain things. There was one piece not so long ago, where they pretty much all but said, "you all should be kissing our asses for the fact that said statue is ONLY $xxx."
NorthernLadMSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2018, 02:48 PM   #636
SLO_MO
The Spirit

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernLadMSP View Post
This. It's quite interesting because you don't often see reps from other companies treating customer feedback/complaints in a mocking or condescending way. That is a pretty huge tell for how they view their own fanbase. I've even seen it on their live shows many times, the kind of holier-than-thou attitude they get when talking about certain things. There was one piece not so long ago, where they pretty much all but said, "you all should be kissing our asses for the fact that said statue is ONLY $xxx."
I agree with this to an extent, but to be fair some of the nitpicking that goes on these boards is absolutely insane. Everyone has their own vision of what they want to see and it's unfortunately impossible to please every person across the spectrum of this fandom so I can see why they'd sometimes just give up on addressing it. That said, I think they might want to tap into the concerns of their fanbase a little more, especially when there seems to be such consensus on the direction they're taking. Even just a standard PR response would be more helpful than completely ignoring it. Who knows, if they explained the design philosophy maybe more of us would actually agree with it. But, as always, I assume these boards might be a "vocal minority", and I'm sure they do as well.
SLO_MO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2018, 03:38 PM   #637
Das Brutah
The Avengers

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpuli28 View Post
That would be unfortunate because were real ppl with real opinions, regardless of venue.

Doubt it

Doubt it Why?
Das Brutah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2018, 03:45 PM   #638
jpuli28

Based on the neg reception here compared to the positive reception the first Batfleck suit got and the neg reception the 2nd got , I seriously DOUBT this would have been a hit cinematically, imo.
Old 03-24-2018, 04:23 PM   #639
DPmaster
A conclusion is simply the place where you got tired of thinking.

Could have been worse. These bat chaps could have had bat nipples too.
DPmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2018, 05:05 PM   #640
crimsinwing1989
The Masters of Evil

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernLadMSP View Post
Yeah I’ve caught a few of their sly snarky remarks on live aswell. I doubt they ever consider the negative feedback they receive is from people who’ve waited a long time for a particular statue only to have it ruined by their artistic direction, (now FJC has to wait another decade for Deathstroke lol).
crimsinwing1989 is offline   Reply With Quote