Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > General Statue & Collectible

Old 02-05-2006, 03:21 AM   #1
Pogo4321
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Blue Bulleteer by ReelArt

Picked up this beauty today. Sculpted by Shawn Nagle; edition size of 300.
As per forum rules I'm posting pictures (best I can do anyway). She's tall, stands about 15 inches with base.
Pogo4321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2006, 05:56 PM   #2
ReelArt Studios
Producer
Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pogo4321
Picked up this beauty today. Sculpted by Shawn Nagle; edition size of 300.
As per forum rules I'm posting pictures (best I can do anyway). She's tall, stands about 15 inches with base.

Thanks for posting and here are some more shots
ReelArt Studios is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2006, 12:36 AM   #3
Kirk Durfey
I used up all my sick days, so I'm calling in dead.

Thanks for the pics guys - I was worried about the Egyptian Queen sculpt Shawn Nagle was doing for you, as I've never been a big fan of his women sculpts. This piece proves to me he can handle a woman in a very feminine way, easing my fears. Nice job on this piece, ReelArt - I can't wait to see your Frazetta pieces!
Kirk Durfey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2006, 07:52 PM   #4
msw313
Death is hereditary.

Like ReelArt's Phantom FS, Blue Bulleteer is much larger than expected, and looks much better in person than the pictures would suggest.

Just curious...
I don't follow Bill Black's AC publications, so I don't know the back story on this character. I do know, however, that he has at times revived Golden Age characters who have fallen into Public Domain. Many have gotten new names due to the original names being snapped up and copyrighted to newer characters (Daredevil and Ghost Rider, to name a couple).

Does anyone know if Blue Bulleteer is actually the Golden Age Phantom Lady with a new name? Visually, it looks like she could be; just wondering if someone out there could confirm/refute this.
msw313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2006, 11:54 PM   #5
Pogo4321

Quote:
Originally Posted by msw313
Like ReelArt's Phantom FS, Blue Bulleteer is much larger than expected, and looks much better in person than the pictures would suggest.

Just curious...
I don't follow Bill Black's AC publications, so I don't know the back story on this character. I do know, however, that he has at times revived Golden Age characters who have fallen into Public Domain. Many have gotten new names due to the original names being snapped up and copyrighted to newer characters (Daredevil and Ghost Rider, to name a couple).

Does anyone know if Blue Bulleteer is actually the Golden Age Phantom Lady with a new name? Visually, it looks like she could be; just wondering if someone out there could confirm/refute this.
Yes she is an homage to Phantom Lady. She gained mystical powers and became Nightveil.
Old 02-09-2006, 12:56 PM   #6
msw313
Death is hereditary.

Quote:
Yes she is an homage to Phantom Lady. She gained mystical powers and became Nightveil.
Cool. Thanks for the info.

The statue is a well-designed-and-executed piece worth owning regardless of the character's pedigree, but the backstory does enhance the appeal.
msw313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2006, 02:41 PM   #7
ReelArt Studios
Producer
Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by msw313
Cool. Thanks for the info.

The statue is a well-designed-and-executed piece worth owning regardless of the character's pedigree, but the backstory does enhance the appeal.

ReelArt Studios thanks you for those kind words. Our verison and pose came straight from one time AC artist, Bradford Gorby's art off of FEMFORCE #38. See attachment. Here is a Silver Bullet press release: http://www.silverbulletcomicbooks.co...6733247437.htm

More cool info here: http://home.comcast.net/~brons/Comics/Women1.html

And lastly, this is straight from Wikipedia. In the 1970s, Bill Black's Paragon Publications (now AC Comics) began publishing its own revival of Phantom Lady in titles such as Fem Fantastique, on the belief that an acquisition of characters from Charlton Comics (which ostensibly included the Fox-derived assets) gave it the rights to the characters. Black's Phantom Lady was an even more undressed version of the Matt Baker character, and a mask and ordinary handgun were also added. When DC threatened legal action, AC changed their version to "Nightveil", a supernaturally-themed character who was later made a member of Femforce, the first all-female superhero team; the Bill Black version of the Phantom Lady was retained as Nightveil's original superhero identity, under the name "Blue Bulleteer." AC Comics, as well as other minor publishers such as Verotik, have nonetheless published reprints of the original Quality and Fox stories. However, many believe these early stories to have lapsed into the public domain because of the original owners having gone out of business and the ownership rights too unresolved during the time the copyrights would have had to be renewed (as was required under pre-1976 U.S. copyright

Sorry for the book, but we believe in keeping you informed. You really ought to try AC Comics. They are all great reads and yes, Bill Black is a huge Golden Age fan as are we at ReelArt Studios!

Best,

Michael
Old 02-09-2006, 02:47 PM   #8
Pogo4321

You should also check out AC Comics website, the femfans site and this awesome fan site: http://rkscroy.tripod.com/accomics.htm
Old 02-09-2006, 03:05 PM   #9
ReelArt Studios
Producer
Producer

Quote:
You should also check out AC Comics website, the femfans site and this awesome fan site: http://rkscroy.tripod.com/accomics.htm

Yep, Bob Croy is our webmaster. Small world ain't it!

Michael
Old 03-10-2006, 07:59 PM   #10
DFury

My BB Statue arrived today, This is really a great piece and Shawn Nagle did some of his finest work to date on her.. I am really happy to add her to my collection..

Shawn Thanks for getting her to me safe and sound, and for signing both the box and the base, I appreciate it!!!!

df
DFury is offline   Reply With Quote