Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Comic Heroes > Giclees/Lithos/Prints/Posters

Old 03-09-2016, 03:58 PM   #6601
Bullseye
Mod Assassin
Super Moderator

But of advice needed. My Stout AoU Avengers print arrived today with a small rip on the top white border just above Hulk. Regular and paid around £140 for it. How much would it have devalued? It has t crossed into the artwork.
Bullseye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2016, 05:45 PM   #6602
punisher129
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

That sucks. You can't return it?
punisher129 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2016, 05:56 PM   #6603
Simplyrob
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.

Send it back. Those things are all over I'd think.
Simplyrob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2016, 07:18 PM   #6604
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

How much it's devalued will depend solely on who you'd sell it to should the time come. Some collectors won't touch it while others might take it but at a decent discount but it'll definitely bring it down though so if you can I'd return it. If it doesn't bother you maybe ask for a partial refund to keep it. Plus side is it'll likely frame out if you decide to go that route.
Hellboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2016, 07:50 PM   #6605
Luminous
Cyclops

I have to echo what Hellboy and Rob have said, send it back if possible. With so many of these available it's going to be tough finding anyone to give you anything close to it's normal value.
Luminous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2016, 11:03 PM   #6606
Matches Malone
Bub Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellboy View Post
How much it's devalued will depend solely on who you'd sell it to should the time come. Some collectors won't touch it while others might take it but at a decent discount but it'll definitely bring it down though so if you can I'd return it. If it doesn't bother you maybe ask for a partial refund to keep it. Plus side is it'll likely frame out if you decide to go that route.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luminous View Post
I have to echo what Hellboy and Rob have said, send it back if possible. With so many of these available it's going to be tough finding anyone to give you anything close to it's normal value.
I have to echo this sentiment. I don't know what the going rate on this piece is, but if that is current market value I would definitely get a decent discount or get a refund and purchase it off another seller.
Matches Malone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2016, 03:08 AM   #6607
Simplyrob
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.

Dude. You should get a huge refund if you go that route. Seller doesn't want a torn poster just as much as you shouldn't.
Simplyrob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2016, 05:50 AM   #6608
Spideristic
The Thunderbolts

Robocop by Gabz. Full reveal on Monday, March 14.

Spideristic is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2016, 03:16 AM   #6609
nodakskip
Birdman

I wanted to see if anyone has any info on this Independence Day print. It seems to be from the new movie as President Whitmores official painting.

There is only one copy out there that I have seen. The movie did a twitter contest, and this guy won it.
nodakskip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2016, 08:47 AM   #6610
Spideristic
The Thunderbolts

http://insidetherockposterframe.blog...atter-art.html

" Grey Matter Art, under license from MGM Studios is proud to present a New Officially Licensed, Limited Edition Screen Print for the Classic 80's Action Film, "Robocop" by one of their favorite artists around, Grzegorz Domaradzki (Gabz). This is the 3rd poster Grey Matter Art has produced for this classic property. There are 2 separate editions for this poster, a Regular & Variant Edition. Poster will be released Wednesday

Artist Statement:

“It was a challenge to pay tribute to such a 80’s classic, which on top of that, has been done by so many amazing artists before me. Till this day I remember how shockingly violent and bloody this movie was, back when I saw it for the first time as a teenager and I thought that my print definitely needs to reflect some of that bloodiness. Opposite to some other takes on the franchise, my Robocop is one tough looking cyborg who “saves the day” and helps few poor thugs to “stay out of trouble”.
I’m happy with the customised title treatment and the whole layout was intended to look like some sort of a fictional OCP flayer."-Gabz-

Artist: Grzegorz Domaradzki (Gabz)
Size: 24x36
Regular Edition: 225/$45.00 (Hand-Numbered)
Variant Edition: 100/$65.00 (Hand-Numbered)

This poster will be released Wednesday, March 16th on their website shop page at 1:00PM EST at www.greymatterart.com "

Spideristic is online now   Reply With Quote