Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Diamond Select

Old 01-30-2017, 11:24 PM   #11
omigeo
Alpha Flight

I love that batgirl (Black/yellow with blue cape). One to have on my list and Cat woman, the one dressed in all black with the whip!
omigeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2017, 12:50 PM   #12
Gothamite
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by omigeo View Post
I love that batgirl (Black/yellow with blue cape). One to have on my list and Cat woman, the one dressed in all black with the whip!
Here's a clip showing the inspiration for that new Batgirl statue.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KAtX7ommoC4
Gothamite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2017, 11:17 PM   #13
Gothamite
Phoenix

I saw Zatanna at my LCS. The smoke looks like it was made of transparent plastic and then given a light coat of paint.

Old 02-18-2017, 02:51 PM   #14
Gothamite
Phoenix

Robot Batman:

Old 02-18-2017, 05:12 PM   #15
Dusty_Lane
Frackin!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gothamite View Post
Robot Batman:

lol! That folks is the very epitome of lazy. If this is any indication of where this line is going then they should just end it now. There potential with the PVC line, but for god sake make a Robin, Freeze, or Scarecrow. Give us a character you haven't already done, and don't pull lazy stunt by re-tooling a previously released sculpt and slapping a HARDAC label on it. Jeez!
Dusty_Lane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2017, 06:12 PM   #16
jadekite22
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dusty_Lane View Post
lol! That folks is the very epitome of lazy. If this is any indication of where this line is going then they should just end it now. There potential with the PVC line, but for god sake make a Robin, Freeze, or Scarecrow. Give us a character you haven't already done, and don't pull lazy stunt by re-tooling a previously released sculpt and slapping a HARDAC label on it. Jeez!
This reaction is barely warranted for a statue at this price point. I'm glad they're doing the variant Joker with laughing fish variant for example. There are enough Batman TAS collectibles for someone (like myself) to have skipped the original and be more likely to go with this slightly more unique variation. I know saying, "Just don't buy if you don't like it," rarely applies to the collectibles market because variants do affect aftermarket value. But these were already fun, value statues, nothing to get worked up over.
jadekite22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2017, 06:30 PM   #17
Gothamite
Phoenix

Damn, you laid down the smack hard.
Old 02-18-2017, 06:55 PM   #18
jadekite22
Kindly Asked To Leave

Trying to keep the positive vibes in these discussion threads more than start an argument. The Femme Fatales and busts are some of my favorite releases of the past couple years. DST should make more, not less, even if they have to throw in a "lazy" variant every so often.
jadekite22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2017, 06:57 PM   #19
Gothamite
Phoenix

I'll argue with you anytime, anywhere.

Old 02-18-2017, 07:26 PM   #20
Dusty_Lane
Frackin!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jadekite22 View Post
This reaction is barely warranted for a statue at this price point. I'm glad they're doing the variant Joker with laughing fish variant for example. There are enough Batman TAS collectibles for someone (like myself) to have skipped the original and be more likely to go with this slightly more unique variation. I know saying, "Just don't buy if you don't like it," rarely applies to the collectibles market because variants do affect aftermarket value. But these were already fun, value statues, nothing to get worked up over.
Oh heaven forbid someone offer an opinion about something. lol! I'll continue to stand by what I said, it's lazy.
Dusty_Lane is offline   Reply With Quote