Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > General Statue & Collectible

Old 11-23-2014, 03:12 PM   #1
Weiworks
Artificial Intelligence usually beats real stupidity.

Red Assassin Web Exclusive Version

Here is the Web Exclusive version for my Red Assassin. The image on the upper right is what I painted for the factory. In general, I don't like different versions of the same product, especially when it's just a color change. So I wanted to created a version that feels different, not just the look. That's the reasoning behind the snow. It's a snow scene, and has full cast-off features.

Hope you this. I think I actually like this version over the regular version.

-Wei
Art of Wei.com
Weiworks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2014, 03:21 PM   #2
Outhsider
A closed mouth gathers no foot.

Poor girl so undressed in the cold snow.....but I like it.
Outhsider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2014, 09:40 AM   #3
richardandtracy
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

With full cast offs in the snow she's got the wrong skin colour. Should be blue tinged!

The moody look on this version's face is really good & I think is painted better on this version than the other's. All in all, very nice.

If I had a definitive answer from Yamato as to whether they're going ahead or not on 'Urano's Drops' & what size/price, I'd be in the queue for this one. I'd like both but it would depend on how far the dosh could stretch... I asked nearly 2 weeks ago now & no reply. They must have learnt customer satisfaction techniques off my builder. Sigh...

Regards,

Richard.
richardandtracy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2014, 09:40 AM   #4
blueyell

Wei, are the differences only white clothes and snow? The red version her skin looks much more tanned. Is that another difference?
blueyell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2014, 01:05 PM   #5
zalahmar
I took an IQ test and the results were negative.

I was really hoping for no cast off. Lady Dragon was not anatomically correct, so you wouldn't display her with cast off anyway, and that's not to mention all the scratching issues on the neck because of the cast off.
zalahmar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2014, 05:11 PM   #6
Silas Loki
Jubilee

Quote:
Originally Posted by zalahmar View Post
I was really hoping for no cast off. Lady Dragon was not anatomically correct, so you wouldn't display her with cast off anyway, and that's not to mention all the scratching issues on the neck because of the cast off.
Agree! Cast off clothing on statues is in my opinion, quite lame. Especially if the cast off reveals nothing of the real female form. If the company is going to balk at showing a realistic nipple, vagina or penis, then do us all a favour and sculpt the clothing on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by richardandtracy View Post
With full cast offs in the snow she's got the wrong skin colour. Should be blue tinged!

The moody look on this version's face is really good & I think is painted better on this version than the other's. All in all, very nice.

If I had a definitive answer from Yamato as to whether they're going ahead or not on 'Urano's Drops' & what size/price, I'd be in the queue for this one. I'd like both but it would depend on how far the dosh could stretch... I asked nearly 2 weeks ago now & no reply. They must have learnt customer satisfaction techniques off my builder. Sigh...

Regards,

Richard.
To be honest, not many companies feel obliged to share their strategic product creation with any random person who sends an email! I would doubt you'd get any warmer reception from Sideshow, Gentle Giant, et al.

While it may seem to suggest poor customer engagement on their part, it may be that they haven't made a firm commitment to produce the piece, and giving you a comment one way or another may be premature.....hence the silence
Silas Loki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2014, 04:18 AM   #7
Weiworks

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueyell View Post
Wei, are the differences only white clothes and snow? The red version her skin looks much more tanned. Is that another difference?
I believe the original version does have a slightly darker skin tone. I haven't seen the 'final' final revision on the original version so I can't say for sure.

The skin tone, clothing color, and the snow scene would be the only difference between the two.

Thanks, -Wei
Old 11-25-2014, 04:21 AM   #8
Weiworks

You're right Richard, it should be slightly blue on snow. I'm a little hesitate on making the skin cool as warmer feels sexier, even though it's not true to the environment. I do like the idea of having reflective lighting painted on the statue like some of the Sideshow stuff. It's pretty cool if applied correctly. It's something I've had in my mind for awhile so I definitely try to work that in for future statues.

On your other question, I believe the Sorayama statues are going to be 1/4 scale.

Thanks, -Wei

Quote:
Originally Posted by richardandtracy View Post

Regards,

Richard.
Old 11-25-2014, 04:22 AM   #9
Weiworks

This one is going to have more details painted in on the bottom=).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silas Loki View Post
Agree! Cast off clothing on statues is in my opinion, quite lame. Especially if the cast off reveals nothing of the real female form. If the company is going to balk at showing a realistic nipple, vagina or penis, then do us all a favour and sculpt the clothing on.

To be honest, not many companies feel obliged to share their strategic product creation with any random person who sends an email! I would doubt you'd get any warmer reception from Sideshow, Gentle Giant, et al.

While it may seem to suggest poor customer engagement on their part, it may be that they haven't made a firm commitment to produce the piece, and giving you a comment one way or another may be premature.....hence the silence
Old 11-25-2014, 06:34 AM   #10
richardandtracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silas Loki View Post
..To be honest, not many companies feel obliged to share their strategic product creation with any random person who sends an email! ..
I do agree, but I explained my request, and a nice way to deal with it would be a response along the lines of 'Thanks for your e-mail, your interest is welcomed, but (we've not decided)/(we've decided but due to commercial reasons we cannot say)/(yes)/(no)'.

Deafening silence, OTH, says something like 'Your opinion is very un-important to us, in fact it's so unimportant we can't even be bothered to acknowledge it, or the web site bug reports made at the same time.'.
Which I suspect is closer to the actual case.

It is just possible I got out of the wrong side of the bed this morning.

Regards,

Richard.
richardandtracy is offline   Reply With Quote