Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 05-06-2016, 01:09 PM   #501
victorc
Justice League

There are many variables involved in the price of one statue, we all know this statue is more expensive because is Kylo Ren. If this same statue was built with the same polystone and fabrics materials but with a different lightsaber and a different mask and was called "John Doe from the unknow movie dancing with the stars" nobody will pay 500, 400, 300,or even 200 for this statue. Disney know this, sideshow know this, and we all must know this. The license price of every figure is different, Sideshow dont have to pay the same amount for the rights of Kylo Ren that the payed for Finn. To me, even when I know this facts, this statue is overpriced, I don't know if Disney is guilty to rise a lot this franchise, I don't know if Sideshow is taking advantage because the popularity of this figure, and I don't know if we are guilty because many of us will pay this price. The only thing that I can do to avoid this abuse is not to buy this figure.
victorc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2016, 01:27 PM   #502
FastballSpecial
Teen Titans

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Nice Guy View Post
Such a shame this great piece is causing such an issue about price rather than an enthusiastic conversation about its amazing presence.

I really like this one. Do I like the price? No, but I like the character and want him for my Star Wars set up so to me its a must have.
FastballSpecial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2016, 02:07 PM   #503
Y3E
Gen 13

I'm glad I stuck to my female SW pieces only. I think this is a great looking statue but not for that price. There's always a chance SS may change this, like they did with Darth Vader and Malgus. No light up on PO but after some outcrys...
Y3E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2016, 06:29 PM   #504
SolidLiquidFox
Savage Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Nice Guy View Post
Such a shame this great piece is causing such an issue about price rather than an enthusiastic conversation about its amazing presence.
This happens more and more in recent years. If it's not the crazy price increases then it is the crazy ES increases.
SolidLiquidFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2016, 10:03 PM   #505
SolidLiquidFox
Savage Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by COI View Post
I'm comparing 1/4 pieces from other companies because they are competing products.
Prime 1 classic 90's Ninja Turtles are $575 each.
SolidLiquidFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2016, 10:25 PM   #506
The General
Doctor Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

I don't care if they make 20k of this piece. ES has never and will never be a factor in me buying or not buying a statue. SS has had high ES on every piece for ages now and smart money says they're not gonna get lower either. It is what it is.
The General is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2016, 12:25 AM   #507
Comicbookguy
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by The General View Post
I don't care if they make 20k of this piece. ES has never and will never be a factor in me buying or not buying a statue. SS has had high ES on every piece for ages now and smart money says they're not gonna get lower either. It is what it is.
I hope this is super expensive so the elites can buy this right away because they don't care for discounts and can afford whatever ss sets. Then it won't sell so Es will be lower and then the people who won't buy due to the high prices will by later for a fraction. Works for both sides. Win win either way now we don't get the 10% coupons anymore.
Comicbookguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2016, 09:52 AM   #508
Python
Omega Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comicbookguy View Post
I hope this is super expensive so the elites can buy this right away because they don't care for discounts and can afford whatever ss sets. Then it won't sell so Es will be lower and then the people who won't buy due to the high prices will by later for a fraction. Works for both sides. Win win either way now we don't get the 10% coupons anymore.

Python is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2016, 11:08 AM   #509
Doctor Doom
If you saw a heat wave, would you wave back?

Great looking statue...very cool character....face of The Force Awakens. Instant buy.
Doctor Doom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2016, 11:15 AM   #510
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comicbookguy View Post
Hellboy is offline   Reply With Quote