Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 11-16-2018, 12:07 AM   #1111
Sonic Boom
The Green Hornet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombiez View Post
Sideshow makes the same characters over and over again and people complain. Prime 1 goes out on a limb and makes niche characters and people still are not happy and question why they are doing it. Quite frankly i am happy prime 1 is willing to do things like Guyver, berserk, deadman, G.I joe, Evangelion etc etc etc and i hope to see their akira, ninja scroll, and all the other overlooked characters and licenses.
I agree. P1 has even teased us with more lesser known characters for the future. I feel like P1 would be the company to give us a Reverse Flash to go with the Flashpoint Batman. I really like the Deadman statue as well. People can start on their JL Dark display with him and Swamp Thing. I think there's a Zatanna coming out eventually? I'm grateful for all of the cool statues P1 is giving us, especially this Hush line.
Sonic Boom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2018, 12:22 AM   #1112
Comic69
Frackin!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic Boom View Post
I agree. P1 has even teased us with more lesser known characters for the future. I feel like P1 would be the company to give us a Reverse Flash to go with the Flashpoint Batman. I really like the Deadman statue as well. People can start on their JL Dark display with him and Swamp Thing. I think there's a Zatanna coming out eventually? I'm grateful for all of the cool statues P1 is giving us, especially this Hush line.
This is true, but not the problem. The problem is the high ES of the side characters and the associated heavy loss of value after release...
Comic69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2018, 03:27 AM   #1113
nearmint
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comic69 View Post
This is true, but not the problem. The problem is the high ES of the side characters and the associated heavy loss of value after release...
Not all of them. Deadman’s EX has an ES of just 350.
nearmint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2018, 06:21 AM   #1114
Punisher_
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Wait-list just coverted. Heck yeah!
Punisher_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2018, 12:27 PM   #1115
mva5580
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

It's crazy looking at P1's DC offerings on Sideshow right now. If you go to the DC section and filter just on P1 stuff, this is the breakdown:

- 7 pieces (5 statues & 2 busts) are in stock, available to ship
- 23 are on wait list (of these, 10 are not yet actually released)
- 41 are on pre-order

So you're talking 71 total pieces (again, this is just in DC) and 72% of them are products that are not in a final/production status where you could order it today and just have to wait the shipping time. Add on the wait list items that have at least been released and you're up to 90%.

Compare this to Sideshow, who between Marvel & DC COMBINED has:

- 39 available to ship
- 11 on wait list
- 44 on pre-order

P1 just has so many pieces in the pipeline vs how many are actually available today.
mva5580 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2018, 01:46 PM   #1116
bdlovelace
Hellfire Club

Something is going to give at some point with Prime 1. I would say that something is lead time, which will eventually push 2 to 3 years. Their factories just can’t keep up with the rate at which Prime 1’s design/development team announces new product it would seem.

IMHO, Prime1 has the best DC pieces on the market, but those extremely long lead times keep me from getting excited when I see new reveals from them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mva5580 View Post
It's crazy looking at P1's DC offerings on Sideshow right now. If you go to the DC section and filter just on P1 stuff, this is the breakdown:

- 7 pieces (5 statues & 2 busts) are in stock, available to ship
- 23 are on wait list (of these, 10 are not yet actually released)
- 41 are on pre-order

So you're talking 71 total pieces (again, this is just in DC) and 72% of them are products that are not in a final/production status where you could order it today and just have to wait the shipping time. Add on the wait list items that have at least been released and you're up to 90%.

Compare this to Sideshow, who between Marvel & DC COMBINED has:

- 39 available to ship
- 11 on wait list
- 44 on pre-order

P1 just has so many pieces in the pipeline vs how many are actually available today.
bdlovelace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2018, 03:21 PM   #1117
mva5580

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdlovelace View Post
Something is going to give at some point with Prime 1. I would say that something is lead time, which will eventually push 2 to 3 years. Their factories just can’t keep up with the rate at which Prime 1’s design/development team announces new product it would seem.

IMHO, Prime1 has the best DC pieces on the market, but those extremely long lead times keep me from getting excited when I see new reveals from them.
I do agree that something has to give eventually, I'm just not sure how much further out the lead times can get than what they already are without people just losing interest.

P1 does great work but the waits (and this is not unique to them) are just sooooooo long for this stuff. It's definitely a part of the reason why I'm getting close to being done with the hobby. I mean there are 6 statues I'm aware of right now that I want and I MIGHT have all of them by 2021. And oh by the way in between now and then they'll unveil tons more stuff that you might want instead and if that's the case then you extend your wait out even more. And it goes on and on and on.

I guess all I can say is the waiting has grown thin on me. I feel like I spend more time waiting for them than I do owning them. Even now when I say "I'm close to being done," that still means I have YEARS before I have this stuff lol. I'm just not a fan.
Old 11-16-2018, 05:20 PM   #1118
BrandonJF
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombiez View Post
Sideshow makes the same characters over and over again and people complain. Prime 1 goes out on a limb and makes niche characters and people still are not happy and question why they are doing it. Quite frankly i am happy prime 1 is willing to do things like Guyver, berserk, deadman, G.I joe, Evangelion etc etc etc and i hope to see their akira, ninja scroll, and all the other overlooked characters and licenses.
It's not about not being happy they are making these characters. It's when they put out niche characters for $1100 with an insane ES that they start to go off the rails.

They put out 750 total 1:3 Batgirl statues. For Huntress they decided to double that at a price point $170 higher. Given that they take pre-orders 1.5-2 years before they will ship, they really must want pre-orders. Something like this totally discourages pre-orders, though, so the logic escapes me.
BrandonJF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2018, 05:48 PM   #1119
mva5580

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrandonJF View Post
For Huntress they decided to double that at a price point $170 higher
Yeah I didn't think from the beginning that sculpted & fabrics version for Huntress was a good idea unless the ES was really low on both of them. Like 500 maximum each, and even that is probably high. I feel pretty much the same about the Superman too. The fabric version is STILL TBD, by the way. Yes he's obviously more popular but that's a lot of units to make/sell, and that's not even accounting for however many Superman statues they make in the mean time to make people consider those instead. Hell there are already 3. Cyborg Superman, DKR Superman, and the alleged Hush Black Variant. I mean geez the ES on the 1st Batman DKR statue is 800 and you can STILL order that.

It's their business and I would think/hope they're plenty on top of it, but it just feels like they're over extending themselves.
Old 11-16-2018, 06:42 PM   #1120
Zombiez
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrandonJF View Post
It's not about not being happy they are making these characters. It's when they put out niche characters for $1100 with an insane ES that they start to go off the rails.

They put out 750 total 1:3 Batgirl statues. For Huntress they decided to double that at a price point $170 higher. Given that they take pre-orders 1.5-2 years before they will ship, they really must want pre-orders. Something like this totally discourages pre-orders, though, so the logic escapes me.
PERHAPS they can only take the risk of making these characters if they are sold at certain prices and with a certain edition size. The cost p1 has to pay for each statue most likely fluctuates therefore the ultimate price that statues are sold for also fluctuates. I love the fact that p1 has long wait times because the time period allows collectors to plan out their collection.
Zombiez is offline   Reply With Quote