Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 09-22-2023, 04:29 PM   #11
SONICobra
Batman

i used to not mind the bayformer designs but after seeing what was possible in the bumblebee movie i look back at the earlier designs and yeah theyre kind of ugly
SONICobra is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2023, 04:39 PM   #12
ZenLogikos
S.H.I.E.L.D.
Adamantium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SONICobra View Post
i used to not mind the bayformer designs but after seeing what was possible in the bumblebee movie i look back at the earlier designs and yeah theyre kind of ugly
The CG artists were too preoccupied with whether they could create Bayformers, that they didn't stop to think if they should...

ZenLogikos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2023, 06:45 PM   #13
SONICobra
Batman

bwahahahahahaha perfect!
SONICobra is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2023, 12:11 AM   #14
The Dark Knight
Jubilee

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZenLogikos View Post
The CG artists were too preoccupied with whether they could create Bayformers, that they didn't stop to think if they should...

Yeah, those monstrosities... They are alive ! They are alive !
The Dark Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2023, 05:52 PM   #15
samhain81
The Masters of Evil

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Knight View Post
Other than Optimus Prime and Bumblebee, it was almost impossible to saparete any transformers from each other in bay films. I didn't like The super ugly, over compilicated mess of a transformers designs in bay films. What character are you talking about... Only thing i can say for bayformers designs are ugly, if i summarize shortly.

And what kind of Transformers fan take bayformers designs over The G1 designs or designs closer to G1... Your first introduction to Transformers A must be the Bay films when you were a kid for you to be into those ugly bayformers designs... Did i guess right ? lol

After 5 Films even i kind of got used to the ugly bayformers designs though, if i am being honest... lol
Actually no, Ironhide, Ratchet, Sideswipe etc were all easily distinguishable. The only Transformer that I can say had a horrible translation was HotRod. Having said that, You can be a fan of the G1 Transformers, and still be of the mind that the G1 just don't translate to live action. They are literally just blocks in the recent films. The 'Bayformers' at least depicted them as an alien lifeform to Earth and not just a heap of metal from the 80s, which I'm sure is what the G1 Transformers were in the first place, they were just limited to the technology of their time to 80s TV where they were just depicted as old hunks of metal.

The G1 fan base for the most part are just toxic purists...if I am.being honest....lol
samhain81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2023, 08:14 AM   #16
The Dark Knight
Jubilee

Quote:
Originally Posted by samhain81 View Post
Actually no, Ironhide, Ratchet, Sideswipe etc were all easily distinguishable. The only Transformer that I can say had a horrible translation was HotRod. Having said that, You can be a fan of the G1 Transformers, and still be of the mind that the G1 just don't translate to live action. They are literally just blocks in the recent films. The 'Bayformers' at least depicted them as an alien lifeform to Earth and not just a heap of metal from the 80s, which I'm sure is what the G1 Transformers were in the first place, they were just limited to the technology of their time to 80s TV where they were just depicted as old hunks of metal.

The G1 fan base for the most part are just toxic purists...if I am.being honest....lol
You just ignored what all the previous messages said including mine and repeated yourself in your last message. Did you even read the previous posts ? i don't think you care about any other opinion than yours... lol if it is a different opinion that don't appereciate bayformers, it is ''toxic'' to you.
Old 10-08-2023, 10:53 AM   #17
samhain81
The Masters of Evil

Quote:
You just ignored what all the previous messages said including mine and repeated yourself in your last message. Did you even read the previous posts ? i don't think you care about any other opinion than yours... lol if it is a different opinion that don't appereciate bayformers, it is ''toxic'' to you.
Wait, what? Enlighten me please.

In your post, you quite literally assumed my knowledge and connection to the Transformers, just because I said the Bay designs translate better to live action over the G1 designs. You took one mans opinion, and assumed his level of 'fandom' to the franchise because of his preferences.

Quote:
What kind of Transformers fan take bayformers designs over The G1 designs or designs closer to G1... Your first introduction to Transformers must be the Bay films when you were a kid for you to be into those ugly bayformers designs... Did i guess right ? lol
That is the definition of fan toxicity. Assuming ones love of a franchise over what they prefer, and that's why I said you and G1 fans for the most part are toxic, because any time I've said I prefer the Bayformers designs, I literally get the same type of response that you gave me, so you literally proved my point with your reply so thank you
Old 10-08-2023, 01:22 PM   #18
The Dark Knight
Jubilee

I don't have the time and energy for this, just know this no transformers fan would take someone who disses the G1 designs serious. lol
Old 10-08-2023, 02:39 PM   #19
Sonic Boom
The Green Hornet

Quote:
Originally Posted by samhain81 View Post

Ironhide wasn't red, Ratchet was lime green instead of ambulance colors, and Sideswipe was a silver Corvette instead of a red Lambo. We G1 boomers were in our 20s and 30s when the first film came out. We had no clue wtf was going on. I thought Starcream (shaped like a chicken mixed with a dorito chip) and Megatron were the same bot when they transformed into jets. I never had a problem with the Bay designs other than it being hard to tell who was who, especially on a first viewing.

I'll admit to being a G1 purist. I even collect the figures that look like they just popped out of the cartoon. The first few minutes of Bumblebee were like heaven to me. We are back to some Bayverse designs with ROTB though.
Sonic Boom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2023, 03:45 PM   #20
samhain81
The Masters of Evil

Quote:
I don't have the time and energy for this, just know this no transformers fan would take someone who disses the G1 designs serious. lol
Well one wouldn't when they have no argument. I called you out, and you just proved that toxicity once again with your reply. No transformers fan lol, are you 12 or 50? You're either a child, or a man child, I can't even tell any more.