Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Iron Studios

Old 03-25-2022, 10:43 PM   #31
ZenLogikos
Black Panther
Adamantium Member

I totally skipped this thread multiple times because I don't pay much attention to Iron Studios due to 1/10 stuff. Just too small for me.

However...I happened to see these from Sideshow's mailer, and loved the sculpts. I had to google because I'm only a comic fan, so went straight thru Iron Studios.

I've passed on much 1/10 stuff of theirs in licenses I like, but these really impressed me.

And "say whaaaat???" Iced Dog? Didn't know about red bandanas? You must be a yung'un!

EDIT: Would really prefer something larger. What are the chances they release something 1/4, or at least 1/6?
ZenLogikos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2022, 11:06 PM   #32
IcedDog
Frozen Pooch

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZenLogikos View Post
And "say whaaaat???" Iced Dog? Didn't know about red bandanas? You must be a yung'un!
I wish, just wasn't into comics in the 80s for some reason. But I do know those original turtles were more brutal and serious than what came after...or so I hear
IcedDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2022, 11:41 PM   #33
ZenLogikos
Black Panther
Adamantium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by IcedDog View Post
I wish, just wasn't into comics in the 80s for some reason. But I do know those original turtles were more brutal and serious than what came after...or so I hear
Aw man, you had to bring that up! TMNT were the only comics I collected (outside of a few Spider-man), and while I got into the TMNT pop-culture craze, because hey, who didn't? - when I got a little older I reverted back to just a comics fan. And yeah, they were more serious and mature, most of the time. So, I've been wanting a Mature rated videogame, or anime, or bloodier statues...something! But it's unlikely. Red bandana 'exclusive' statues are the only bone they'll throw me. lol
ZenLogikos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2022, 01:32 AM   #34
Dr.Jackal
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

My only nitpick is each turtle being a different shade of green & Mickey's face showing a weird mixture of emotion. Other than that, they're amazing overall.
Dr.Jackal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2022, 02:31 AM   #35
HiTMAN
The Herculoids

These look awesome as a set but $210 for a 1/10 scale is nuts, I remember picking up Sideshows 1/5 scale at $350 a pop. Plus, I still have the Good Smile set. I might grab the Mini Turtles though, those look really cool.

Spoiler

HiTMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2022, 06:14 AM   #36
IcedDog
Frozen Pooch

Quote:
Originally Posted by HiTMAN View Post
Plus, I still have the Good Smile set.

Spoiler

I like the styling on those
IcedDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2022, 11:37 AM   #37
marker2037
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

I think they nailed it with these and I'm not even much of a fan. Awesome sculpts for all of them.
marker2037 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2022, 02:38 PM   #38
AlexLothos
What's another word for Thesaurus?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Jackal View Post
What's everyone's thoughts on their creative decision to make all four a different shade of green? I was really looking forward to all of them as a common green, like the green on Leo, but they said they wanted to differentiate them further, so they did each a different green, taken from the animated series, old movies & new movies. What's your guys thoughts on a different shade for each?
I've always liked when versions used different skin tones for each of the brothers. It helps separate them further past just their bandana masks. It's also something that usually happens in real life, so I appreciate when stuff like that is brought into fiction.

So once again, when it comes to Iron Studios and their attention to detail on the creative/artistic side of things, they're absolutely amazing.
AlexLothos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2022, 11:46 AM   #39
VILE GUILE
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

I ordered the All-Red versions. I actually have an old Sideshow framed art print, that is done in this same stylistic way basically.

The fact that they're small, is actually a good thing for me personally space wise. I can put them all in my case easy. (running outta room) I've always liked the Turtles and don't have any statues of em'. These will do the job nicely. That is if they paint them carefully. I never bought anything from Iron Studio's? Hopefully they come out good.
VILE GUILE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2022, 11:04 PM   #40
ram O
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Really like the Mini and 1/10 Turtles. Debating which ones to get, might get the comic version. Missed out on the Sideshow and PCS versions, hesitated to long ��-♂️. Both the mini and Comic I’m sure will sellout. Running out of space and both are perfect sizes for me. Like the grin by Mikey and Ralph.
ram O is offline   Reply With Quote