Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 05-18-2017, 08:01 PM   #181
Comicbookguy
Hercules

I like it but want to see ww before I commit to the p1 line. Exception is the massive accurate scale darksied off course lol....
Comicbookguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2017, 07:37 AM   #182
FastballSpecial
Teen Titans

Quote:
Originally Posted by loricstone View Post
I don't think anyone has a problem with the actual Green Lantern sculpt itself....but I'll speak for myself...that is the most unknowing half-assed green construct ever done is statue form...and I just don't even see Hal creating something like that.

Green Lantern = primo

Concept of Construct = WTF?
I'll take that over the xbox colored SS version. At least it's not a race car track
FastballSpecial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2017, 11:05 PM   #183
Xaerius
The Herculoids

Quote:
Originally Posted by FastballSpecial View Post
The construct in that picture looks so much thinner than the one shown on the order page. I wonder if it has been changed. I like the thicker construct better, personally.
Xaerius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2017, 12:49 AM   #184
Ryanbusts
Luke Cage

No.
It's looked this awesome the whole time.
Ryanbusts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2017, 06:42 AM   #185
Xaerius
The Herculoids

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryanbusts View Post
No.
It's looked this awesome the whole time.
I see you are right; I had been frantically reading through pages of the two "Darth Vader" threads so I guess my eyes were playing tricks on me.

I really like how it looks close up:

Old 08-15-2017, 08:21 PM   #186
Xaerius
The Herculoids

I tend to usually prefer the classic costumes for DC characters but when looking at this "New 52" Green Lantern costume next to Hal Jordan's classic costume, I have to admit that this one definitely looks more "badass" to me although I'm not sure if that is the word that I was really looking for.

I had the original Sideshow 1/4 scale Green Lantern on order years ago but had ended up cancelling it although I did see it in person and I really liked it. I had the new Sideshow 1/4 scale Green Lantern but, in person, absolutely hated everything about the statue from the knees down as well as some areas of the upper body although the head sculpt was perfectly executed (with the exception of the pointy ears but that wasn't a big deal); even my daughters agreed that it had to go back. I wasn't even considering the Prime 1 New 52 piece (even though I thought the sculpt was pretty nice) because I had already ordered the Sideshow version.

Without any bias, I have to say that this is piece by Prime 1 is definitely the nicest Green Lantern piece that I've ever seen. Don't laugh but I have to admit that the style totally reminds me of works I have seen by Michelangelo. The pose is classically great, the positioning of the torso, the legs, everything. As many have indicated, I also don't know what he is doing with that ring of his but I do think the execution works perfectly. Initially, I figured that he was raising himself up in a kind of tornado but, since he can fly, I'm not sure what he'd be accomplishing in so-doing; still, that is left to the viewer's interpretation and there is nothing wrong with that.

I'm still on-the-fence with regards to this piece but am very surprised that, with an edition size of only 500, it is still available 5 months after pre-orders began. Do people despise the new costumes that much? I suppose I just really like the pose/sculpt of this one...
Old 08-15-2017, 08:53 PM   #187
Comicbookguy
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xaerius View Post
I tend to usually prefer the classic costumes for DC characters but when looking at this "New 52" Green Lantern costume next to Hal Jordan's classic costume, I have to admit that this one definitely looks more "badass" to me although I'm not sure if that is the word that I was really looking for.

I had the original Sideshow 1/4 scale Green Lantern on order years ago but had ended up cancelling it although I did see it in person and I really liked it. I had the new Sideshow 1/4 scale Green Lantern but, in person, absolutely hated everything about the statue from the knees down as well as some areas of the upper body although the head sculpt was perfectly executed (with the exception of the pointy ears but that wasn't a big deal); even my daughters agreed that it had to go back. I wasn't even considering the Prime 1 New 52 piece (even though I thought the sculpt was pretty nice) because I had already ordered the Sideshow version.

Without any bias, I have to say that this is piece by Prime 1 is definitely the nicest Green Lantern piece that I've ever seen. Don't laugh but I have to admit that the style totally reminds me of works I have seen by Michelangelo. The pose is classically great, the positioning of the torso, the legs, everything. As many have indicated, I also don't know what he is doing with that ring of his but I do think the execution works perfectly. Initially, I figured that he was raising himself up in a kind of tornado but, since he can fly, I'm not sure what he'd be accomplishing in so-doing; still, that is left to the viewer's interpretation and there is nothing wrong with that.

I'm still on-the-fence with regards to this piece but am very surprised that, with an edition size of only 500, it is still available 5 months after pre-orders began. Do people despise the new costumes that much? I suppose I just really like the pose/sculpt of this one...
Many love the new 52 costumes because to many it's the same as the originals. Or close enough. Only things holding me from a po is the prices p1 is asking for is just way too much for this. I went for the ss version. Is this the same size as the huge ss version? Side by side pics would be interesting
Old 08-15-2017, 09:55 PM   #188
Vince_be
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Quote:

That's another point a like on this statue...this lets you to interpretation, discussion..that's what art is all about. When i look at it, i'm wondering..is he doing an earthquake ? is he raising himself to avoid an attack? is he just beginning another construction? This is a really beautiful piece with a unique style..
Vince_be is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2017, 10:25 PM   #189
Xaerius
The Herculoids

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comicbookguy View Post
Many love the new 52 costumes because to many it's the same as the originals. Or close enough. Only things holding me from a po is the prices p1 is asking for is just way too much for this. I went for the ss version. Is this the same size as the huge ss version? Side by side pics would be interesting
Maybe it is price that is holding this series back. The Sideshow piece is on low stock alert now with an ES of 1250 but at $250 less than this one the price is definitely more attractive.

The Sideshow measurements are:
24.5" H (622.3mm) x 13" W (330.2mm) x 12" L (304.8mm)*

The Prime 1 measurements are:
22.44" H (569.98mm) x 11.02" W (279.91mm) x 12.59" L (319.79mm)*

Very similar in size but the cost difference is astronomical until you look at pictures of both pieces side-by-side and then it almost makes sense.
Old 08-21-2017, 04:38 AM   #190
Comicbookguy
Hercules

Quote:
Maybe it is price that is holding this series back. The Sideshow piece is on low stock alert now with an ES of 1250 but at $250 less than this one the price is definitely more attractive.

The Sideshow measurements are:
24.5" H (622.3mm) x 13" W (330.2mm) x 12" L (304.8mm)*

The Prime 1 measurements are:
22.44" H (569.98mm) x 11.02" W (279.91mm) x 12.59" L (319.79mm)*

Very similar in size but the cost difference is astronomical until you look at pictures of both pieces side-by-side and then it almost makes sense.
Thanks that's pretty impressive on the p1 version size wise. The ss one is a true pf size imo. So that means the rest is big like this as well. Well done p1!