Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Comic Heroes > Giclees/Lithos/Prints/Posters

Old 02-14-2015, 01:39 AM   #6051
MONSTER
Modzilla
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by biglebowski9999 View Post
I don't know the comments you're referring to as I don't follow his thread on EB at all, but the dude has brought a lot of drama onto himself just from what I have read from members here. No matter how talented you are, everyone has their breaking point with how much BS they will put up with.
Agreed. Not faulting you for sticking by him SimplyRob, but Mark's dug this hole himself as far as I can tell.

I'm not against trade bait if he releases something nice but I still can't see him producing anything that I'd want to own. His stuff just doesn't do much for me.
Old 02-14-2015, 01:45 AM   #6052
Simplyrob
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by biglebowski9999 View Post
I don't know the comments you're referring to as I don't follow his thread on EB at all, but the dude has brought a lot of drama onto himself just from what I have read from members here. No matter how talented you are, everyone has their breaking point with how much BS they will put up with.
well, i think members here are biased because he made Fro wait so long. months back i had personally given him until Feb 1 to get started on my OG. didn't hear much and then on Feb 1, reached out, and within a day, he had 4 different possibilities for my piece sketched out like crazy. i was getting nervous before that and certainly didn't want to be in the position like Fro was. however, if it had come to it, i would've taken the refund. at that point, i would've moved on to something else. so, i guess thats the drama. an artist being busy. go figure.
Simplyrob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2015, 02:04 AM   #6053
Luminous
Cyclops

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simplyrob View Post
well, i think members here are biased because he made Fro wait so long. months back i had personally given him until Feb 1 to get started on my OG. didn't hear much and then on Feb 1, reached out, and within a day, he had 4 different possibilities for my piece sketched out like crazy. i was getting nervous before that and certainly didn't want to be in the position like Fro was. however, if it had come to it, i would've taken the refund. at that point, i would've moved on to something else. so, i guess thats the drama. an artist being busy. go figure.
Look Rob, we get it. You're a fan. But how about you avoid trying to tell the rest of us why we don't like this or that. Plenty of people have described in detail why they're either not a fan of Englert himself or his art. Those reasons don't automatically equate to your presumptions simply because you don't agree with them.

I've always thought Englert was overrated. This was long before the situation with Fro. While I didn't like his art I didn't have an opinion on the man himself before the Fro situation. Englert's treatment of Fro and other people waiting for his art is simply not professional and it's disrespectful. You think Englert is the only artist who gets "busy"? Considering how many artists there are out there, don't you think the amount of them being "so busy" and having so many "problems" is disproportionate to the amount who AREN'T having such fan backlash? If it was simple logic that he's simply got a lot of work and that he's actually a decent guy, don't you think there would be more people defending the guy?
Luminous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2015, 02:35 AM   #6054
Simplyrob

Holy hell, man. Relax. I started my post with "I think". Hope bout we just avoid anymore Englert talk around here period. Damn.
Old 02-14-2015, 02:46 AM   #6055
Luminous
Cyclops

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simplyrob View Post
Holy hell, man. Relax. I started my post with "I think". Hope bout we just avoid anymore Englert talk around here period. Damn.
It's pretty clear that when you say something like "so, i guess thats the drama. an artist being busy. go figure." you think we don't "get it".

I have no problem not talking about Englert.
Old 02-14-2015, 02:49 AM   #6056
Simplyrob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luminous View Post
I have no problem not talking about Englert.
Already failed. Booooooooo.
Old 02-14-2015, 03:39 AM   #6057
Whirl Wind Boy
I don't have a solution but I admire the problem.

i'm actually digging that simpsons piece.
Whirl Wind Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2015, 07:37 PM   #6058
ReplicantSavior
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Mark Englert showed back up on EB recently. I hope things will start moving now with his new stuff. Hope it's not just because a new print is out.

Quote:
I know it's a giclee but I HAD to have this.

Tron: Legacy by Nick Runge:

Hmm. I didn't see this in that Young Guns 2 recent show listing. It's pretty good. Could be better. I don't know why Gem is centered over Quorra. With some tweaks to the composition I probably would have picked this up. But the Martin Ansin one probably won't be beat.
ReplicantSavior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2015, 09:03 PM   #6059
leplant
Deadman

Quote:
I know it's a giclee but I HAD to have this.

Tron: Legacy by Nick Runge:

I picked up his Alien, and Fifth Element prints. I am really liking his stuff, I grabbed his Ghostbusters poster a while back, and it is also beautiful. Definitely an artist worth following.
leplant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2015, 10:16 PM   #6060
Luminous
Cyclops

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReplicantSavior View Post
Hmm. I didn't see this in that Young Guns 2 recent show listing. It's pretty good. Could be better. I don't know why Gem is centered over Quorra. With some tweaks to the composition I probably would have picked this up. But the Martin Ansin one probably won't be beat.
Personally I think this one is superior to Ansin's. For me the Ansin has problems with too much negative space and character likeness issues.

A few people seem to think Runge simply uses screen grabs. However, according to what I've read he actually uses acrylics and colored pencils. Which is just insane when you consider the likeness and detail. These posters definitely give off a Struzan vibe, IMO.