Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 10-23-2016, 11:37 AM   #251
Eky
Cross country skiing is great if you live in a small country.

Hey Shane

i am 2 years old in the hobby but i think they did the same in the past 1/5 and comiquette released before 1/4.
The problem is if those scales have no success, they won't take risks for a PF.

Edit,
i may take this version of purgatory later to place it among CotD statues. Scale won't be a problem , she can be a little devil minion, so any scale can fit.
Eky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2016, 11:46 AM   #252
StatueBandit
I was arrested for selling illegal-sized paper.

Does anyone have in house pics or a review of this piece ?
StatueBandit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2016, 12:25 PM   #253
Eky
Cross country skiing is great if you live in a small country.

post 228 for lady death pictures
Eky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2016, 02:30 PM   #254
OrangeCrush
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comicbookguy View Post
I have hope beause lady death didn't do so well the first one and many can't believe they made another one. Same with vampi com. Was suprise they a pf of her down the road. Then was even more suprise they made the latest vampi pf. In that case I sold my com to buy the 1/4. Wishing SS will do the same with red devil horn girl as well.
Both Lady Death and Vampirella are pretty popular characters. Purgatory just isnt as popular, not by a long shot. So it doesn't surprise me at all that Sideshow prodused a new version of Vampirella and Lady D in the time frame they did. Thier fanbase is large enough to support multiple releases, but Purgaory is just a whole different ballgame as she just isn't remotely as popular as Lady D and especially Vampirella.
OrangeCrush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2016, 09:33 PM   #255
SONICobra
Batman

This would make an awesome mystique custom
SONICobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2016, 10:02 PM   #256
StatueBandit
I was arrested for selling illegal-sized paper.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eky View Post
here we go

Let add some fetishist shot

two face close up

She l@@ks stunning
StatueBandit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2016, 06:21 PM   #257
Deathcry
Frackin!

Got my Lady Death statue today. And I could not be happier. She is absolutely gorgeous.

I have one question about the scythe. Did anyone else notice that the shaft of the scythe does not line up with the hole? After you follow the instructions and guild it thru her fingers and hair, I had to bent the shaft quite a bit to line it up. The shaft seems flexible enough, but I wonder about long term pressure on the upper hand.

Other then that one issue, I have no complains on this statue. The paint is flawless, head sculpt is fantastic. Just an all around great statue.

Deathcry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2016, 06:30 PM   #258
Shanesg
Green Lantern Corps

hey guys, just wondering if any of you have noticed an increase in quality since sideshow has upped their prices? Haven't ordered anything since Power Girl.
Shanesg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2016, 07:29 PM   #259
dao2
Cyclops

They've been consistently raising their prices for a while now so that's going to be hard to answer... this looks good, the Sandie looks like their "normal" poor quality.

edit: and her smile has always bothered me, why does it continue past her lips?!
dao2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2016, 09:21 PM   #260
OrangeCrush
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shanesg View Post
hey guys, just wondering if any of you have noticed an increase in quality since sideshow has upped their prices? Haven't ordered anything since Power Girl.
I have definitely noticed an increase in quality, although I am not sure just how much it has changed since Power Girl. I first noticed an increase in quality with the delivery of my Green Ivy. That had one of the nicest paint apps I had ever gotten from Sideshow and each release I have recieved since that point has been outstanding. Spider-Man, Aquaman, Batgirl, Modern Batman, Classic Catwoman, Red Son Wonder Woman, Daredevil, etc. In particular, my Modern Batman, Spider-Man, and Batgirl were utterly flawless with beautiful paint apps.

And I think its pretty obvious that they have raised thier game up a few notches in regards to the quality control department as well as were not seeing anywhere near the number of complaints we saw back around 2014. I have been extremely fortunate with my orders so I can only go by what I see online and I have definitely noticed a marked decline in the number of complaints being posted over the last year.

In regards to the quality of the designs, I think 2016 was Sideshow's best year to date. Just one amazing release after another all year long. I certainly can't think of another year that topped this one and I think the next 3-4 months will say a lot in regards to overall public opinion as a lot of the major 2016 statues will be delivered in that time frame. Dark Pheonix, Captain Marvel, Red Sonja, Pfieffer Catwoman, Green Lantern, Green Goblin, Shard, Gamora, etc. Sideshow has a lot riding on many of those pieces, like Red Sonja and Dark Phoenix. If thier able to deliver on those statues, I think overall public opinion will definitely take a considerable shift in thier favor. Regardless, I have definitely noticed an increase in quality on all fronts since Sideshow started raising prices.
OrangeCrush is offline   Reply With Quote