Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 07-28-2015, 05:17 PM   #1241
Bullseye
Mod Assassin
Super Moderator

They should have more faith in their product or simply give it back to Marvel.
Bullseye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2015, 05:36 PM   #1242
Quicksilver
Suicide Squad

why am I not surprised by this news

garbage in, garbage out
Quicksilver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2015, 05:47 PM   #1243
The General
Doctor Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Shocker! So freaking annoying. Why bother making it in the first place????? Pretty much everything they have done since day 1 has looked like they were purposely trying to fubar this movie. Unreal.
The General is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2015, 06:55 PM   #1244
nexus
Young Justice
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by The General View Post
Shocker! So freaking annoying. Why bother making it in the first place????? Pretty much everything they have done since day 1 has looked like they were purposely trying to fubar this movie. Unreal.
They made it to hold onto the license and not have it revert back. They'd taken it down to the last minute before announcing this one was going to be made. It's was basically an updated Corman move. However a lot more expensive and They probably figured they'd take a risk and try something different since the first two underperformed. The jury is still out on this of course. Embargoed reviews are generally the kiss of death. But they've been running ads like crazy probably pushing for a high opening before negative reviews kill it. And don't underestimate international market. Apparently that is helping save terminator which is performing dismally in the U.S. Still I hope this ends up being the knell that finally gets FF back to Marvel, and maybe Fox will negotiate that They will give back the rights if Marvel will support X-men licensing, comics and cross-promotion, which marvel might do if they are given creative input. So maybe FF could end up being a blessing in disguise.

Otherwise if negotiations can't thaw the DISNEY/Marvel v Fox Cold War maybe it's time for a hot war. Give each of the company board chairmans a sword, put them in the arena, and let them settle things the old fashioned way.
nexus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2015, 07:05 PM   #1245
JP Sarri
Retired Reviewer

Quote:
Originally Posted by nexus View Post
They made it to hold onto the license and not have it revert back. They'd taken it down to the last minute before announcing this one was going to be made. It's was basically an updated Corman move. However a lot more expensive and They probably figured they'd take a risk and try something different since the first two underperformed. The jury is still out on this of course. Embargoed reviews are generally the kiss of death. But they've been running ads like crazy probably pushing for a high opening before negative reviews kill it. And don't underestimate international market. Apparently that is helping save terminator which is performing dismally in the U.S. Still I hope this ends up being the knell that finally gets FF back to Marvel, and maybe Fox will negotiate that They will give back the rights if Marvel will support X-men licensing, comics and cross-promotion, which marvel might do if they are given creative input. So maybe FF could end up being a blessing in disguise.

Otherwise if negotiations can't thaw the DISNEY/Marvel v Fox Cold War maybe it's time for a hot war. Give each of the company board chairmans a sword, put them in the arena, and let them settle things the old fashioned way.
I like your line of thinking.
JP Sarri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2015, 08:44 PM   #1246
risingstar
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by wktf View Post
"A sure sign the movie is crap/garbage"?

http://furiousfanboys.com/2015/07/fa...until-release/

Oy vey. I think critics will slam the film just for that.
risingstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2015, 11:46 PM   #1247
wktf
Columnist Thunder Mod
Super Moderator

Just watched the new TV trailer. The Thing looks absolutely RIDICULOUS without shorts. His nakedness is absurd.
wktf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2015, 12:31 AM   #1248
MrYac
Hercules

and they sure do make Johnny look like the leader in every commercial I've seen so far which annoys me nearly as much as naked Ben
MrYac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2015, 07:33 PM   #1249
Bullseye
Mod Assassin
Super Moderator

Oh dear reviews are in.
http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansit...news/?a=123618
Bullseye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2015, 07:45 PM   #1250
sylvan
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

Off to see it tomorrow, i was not expecting ant man to be any good and to be honest it was one of the best i have seen, i hope this is the same. I loved the first two ff movies
sylvan is offline   Reply With Quote