Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > General Statue & Collectible

Old 11-19-2021, 09:53 PM   #11
becakbagus
Hellboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ivory7777 View Post
i never heard of them and just saw these two White widow statue on preorder. They look amazing but price is also very high for 1/4 size. was wondering if any one knows the quality of statue they make. or this is there first time making statue. i looked around the google, while i read some reddit topic about their comic but no info on their statue.

The price is still high. love the black one. waiting, possibly on black friday the price becomes cheap
becakbagus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2021, 04:14 AM   #12
Silas Loki
A.I.M.

That price is WAY to high for such a simple statue. There's very little of innovation in this piece, from the boring expression on the portrait, to the lack lustre posing - don't get me wrong, it's "nice".....but it's also totally forgettable.

It brings to mind the feeling I get when I see Anime statue figures....they also look nice (many of those are more interesting than this piece) - but I rarely if ever feel compelled to even contemplate adding such a piece to my collection.
Silas Loki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2023, 04:53 AM   #13
ivory7777
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

looks like the statues will be shipping soon, would like to see how their quality is. They also have Katfight in preorder
ivory7777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2023, 10:24 AM   #14
AC_808
Hercules

Yea, I would like to know too.

Their prototypes look great, but I do want to see their production pieces. The prices are still horrendous, tho.
AC_808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2023, 10:37 AM   #15
SDguy

I get the comments about the pricing, but, if you happen to be a huge fan of the character, for whatever reason, then what? Go for the cheaper optio.... oh, wait, that's right.....

I'll pay north of 1K for a very nice 1/4 Star Sapphire. Not because it's going to be the most amazing statue among statues (it might... unlikely though) but because it would be the only 1/4 Star Sapphire in existence
SDguy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2023, 10:53 AM   #16
AC_808
Hercules

Hmmm ...good question. That would depend.

If I was a huge fan of this character ...and it was a well sculpted piece of her ...would the price matter? It would be a tough call.

I splurged on the XM Angelus piece because I thought it was a well sculpted piece of Angelus. And it was the only 1/4 option of Angelus. Have to say tho, the base was also intricate, not just a plain slab.

It does really matter if this is a character you really love. If this was Star Sapphire, I'd be a bit disappointed with the base. But I might still get her ....might. Not 100% sure i would. It's because it's a museum pose with a basic base going for $999 ...man, that's hard to swallow.
Old 02-12-2023, 11:00 AM   #17
Silas Loki
A.I.M.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDguy View Post
I get the comments about the pricing, but, if you happen to be a huge fan of the character, for whatever reason, then what? Go for the cheaper optio.... oh, wait, that's right.....

I'll pay north of 1K for a very nice 1/4 Star Sapphire. Not because it's going to be the most amazing statue among statues (it might... unlikely though) but because it would be the only 1/4 Star Sapphire in existence
Nah, don't think like that....it's the fast track to misery and broken dreams. My advice, buy quality or buy nothing.

Spending money on something because it's the "only one ever" - just feeds bad quality - *cough* Gamingheads Mass Effect.....

Before I throw good money at any company to buy trash, I'd get a commission done. It's gonna cost magnitudes more - BUT - it'll be original, & it'll be exactly what you want......
Silas Loki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2023, 11:17 AM   #18
SDguy

Let's not talk extremes. Sure, if it's "trash" I'm not buying it, even if it's a OOAK. Objectively, there's nothing trash or wrong with this Widow statue, just a lot of "could be better for X Y Z reason". So the $ value isn't quite there for people. But that's my point, that $ value consideration gets skewed if it's a beloved character for the particular collector.
Old 02-12-2023, 11:24 AM   #19
SDguy

FWIW I have one piece coming from this group soon.... will report out on the quality.
Old 02-12-2023, 11:44 AM   #20
AC_808
Hercules

That's part of the reason why I want to see the production pieces. I want to see if the quality helps justify the high price. Even if a little.

Have to admit, their Katfight statue is a tad more fitting of the price. Just a tad, ....as it would've been better priced if it was $200 less, IMO.