Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 11-01-2021, 12:00 AM   #81
MrYac
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thor57 View Post
Maybe. Could be another bait and switch trailer. I'm certainly aware of that. I'm hoping for an order of events of Evil takes over, Teela finds her sorceress power, brings back Adam, Savage He-Man becomes normal He-Man.
that would be indeed neat, here's hoping.
MrYac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2021, 11:09 AM   #82
Augen
Metal Men

I think the mid season break hurt this for some. There is an arc for Lyn, Adam, Teela, and Skeletor that was satisfying for me in its resolution. Everyone got a moment to shine and it felt fun. I could have used a little more suspense, but over all I am happy where it ended up even if I had concerns in the middle parts.
Augen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2021, 01:20 PM   #83
Master Pizza
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

Part 2 was like Part 1 for me. Hits and misses throughout but it built enough momentum toward the finale that I was very satisfied by the time it ended.
Master Pizza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2021, 01:47 PM   #84
Thor57
Teen Titans

Quote:
Originally Posted by Augen View Post
I think the mid season break hurt this for some. There is an arc for Lyn, Adam, Teela, and Skeletor that was satisfying for me in its resolution. Everyone got a moment to shine and it felt fun. I could have used a little more suspense, but over all I am happy where it ended up even if I had concerns in the middle parts.
100% agree. Second part closed some loops from the first and it would have greatly benefitted from a 10 episode release. They did a good job laying ground work on lore about the power (I do hate how that?s how it was constantly referenced) and how Adam truly is special and unique. There have been other champions but Adam as He-Man is THE guy. I?m satisfied with what we got, but have no desire to see more. Once again Lena absolutely crushed it as Lyn, and Gellar was again weak as Teela. He-Man and Duncan actors were solid, and no fault of his own I can?t buy Hamil as Skeletor. I just hear the Joker.
Thor57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2021, 01:57 PM   #85
AlexLothos
What's another word for Thesaurus?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Augen View Post
That mid-season split certainly hurt this for me. It killed a lot of momentum for the storytelling and my excitement for this particular version. It didn't help that a far superior MOTU was released between these two Revelation halves.

But yeah, overall it was fun and worth the watch. I hope they get another season and hopefully they release it in a better way.
AlexLothos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2021, 04:56 PM   #86
Blade3327
Nightwing

Ends on what ought to be a pretty agreeable note.

Having that said, some of the writers' choices really betray the tone they were going for (the scene where Evil-Lyn comes onto Skeletor) and make the show feel like a hodge-podge of different sensibilities, many of which have no place in MOTU. In that regard, I think I enjoyed Part 1 more than Part 2.

It's not bad, but it's nothing special either. The 2002 series remains my favorite by a country mile. Mike Young Productions did everything Kevin Smith tried to do, but better. More audience-appropriate, more consistent in tone, more lore, and it was all tied together with a great look.
Blade3327 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2021, 05:09 PM   #87
Augen
Metal Men

I think making out with a skull would not be...the most enticing prospect.
Augen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2022, 08:54 AM   #88
darren1228
The Masters of Evil

I just finished episode two of season 2 and there is a lot more He-Man. Overall I really like what they did with the show. I don't get the it's a woke show complaints -- yes there is a lot more focus on the ladies but I don't feel like I'm being shoved certain agenda down my throat (I don't like the global WOKE movement at all).

I agree with BillyCurly! Give it a try and judge for yourself. I saw that it had a 40% audience rating on rottentomatoes and it is not that bad at all. At least give it a try for the animation and the great voice acting.
darren1228 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2022, 10:47 AM   #89
Master Pizza
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

Quote:
Originally Posted by darren1228 View Post
I just finished episode two of season 2 and there is a lot more He-Man. Overall I really like what they did with the show. I don't get the it's a woke show complaints -- yes there is a lot more focus on the ladies but I don't feel like I'm being shoved certain agenda down my throat (I don't like the global WOKE movement at all).

I agree with BillyCurly! Give it a try and judge for yourself. I saw that it had a 40% audience rating on rottentomatoes and it is not that bad at all. At least give it a try for the animation and the great voice acting.
I don't get the vitriol either. I've gone back and watched some of the original series because I hadn't seen it in years and Revelations ties directly into several episodes. Animation style wasn't great IMO but I did like it for some characters, mostly the villains though.
Master Pizza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2022, 11:30 AM   #90
darren1228
The Masters of Evil

One thing I did not like from the previews and still don't like was the guns they gave the ladies. Holy crap they needed to tone it down a lot (imo of course).

darren1228 is offline   Reply With Quote