Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 11-23-2021, 02:02 PM   #1881
Yojimbo
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

the sculpt is great; the pose (although wouldn't be my pick) is faithful to the material.

The main issue is how LOYAL fans to Prime 1 put some good $$$ on this piece based on the proto and how Prime 1 rewarded them by cheaping out at the factory.

Fool me once ....
you know the rest
Yojimbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2021, 04:46 PM   #1882
Halcyon
Loki

Exactly.. 99% pred fans where drooling for over a year.
Some lost their deposit or chose to wait in hand.
And now we already put more money in the next one.. outcome is still the same gamble.

If you don't see this one in person you can't judge to much. For 1/3 they just scaled the same digital sculpt with some tweaks. Now you pay 75% more for slightly larger and a new promise it will be closer to proto.
Halcyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2021, 08:12 PM   #1883
Jungle Demon
Hydra

I can always cancel my preorder and transfer my deposit on something else.
Jungle Demon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2021, 08:40 PM   #1884
Blade3327
Nightwing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halcyon View Post
For 1/3 they just scaled the same digital sculpt with some tweaks.
The roaring head, maybe. Everything else looks new.

I don't doubt the 1/4 is impressive in person, but the photos aren't lying either. Aside from the dopamine release from seeing a large piece in the real world, I don't see how that could improve my perception. Heck, I've seen some of their other pieces in person and my impression actually worsened (a couple of their most popular Batman statues have really cheap-looking bases in real life, almost like painted foam).

Presence is important, but for some people, the paint app will be the only thing they see. For myself, that's the ultimate mark of a high-end piece. The factory doesn't have the power to mess up a good sculpt and pose, at least not usually. Those are already locked in by the talented artists working in-studio. But the paint app? That's the last frontier and it's entirely up to the factory (and/or the company's level of discernment when conducting QC, assuming it does at all). If that comes out well, you've got a company that cares and a piece that looks as expensive as it is.
Blade3327 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2021, 06:57 AM   #1885
Halcyon
Loki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade3327 View Post
Presence is important, but for some people, the paint app will be the only thing they see. For myself, that's the ultimate mark of a high-end piece. The factory doesn't have the power to mess up a good sculpt and pose, at least not usually. Those are already locked in by the talented artists working in-studio. But the paint app? That's the last frontier and it's entirely up to the factory (and/or the company's level of discernment when conducting QC, assuming it does at all). If that comes out well, you've got a company that cares and a piece that looks as expensive as it is.
100% agree with this. Paintapp and QC will determine if statue can be considered, ultimate piece / 'statue art'.

Next week i will do review with pro/con for these two 1/4.
Old 12-04-2021, 08:46 PM   #1886
bearmdel
Statue Forum MacDaddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halcyon View Post
100% agree with this. Paintapp and QC will determine if statue can be considered, ultimate piece / 'statue art'.

Next week i will do review with pro/con for these two 1/4.
Did you do the review? I'm on the payment plan and have 2 more to go... Had thoughts about canceling it but I'm still holding on to it because of the good things I heard about despite the bad paint job reviews. It is now on Waitlist so one more reason to keep it...
bearmdel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2021, 01:01 PM   #1887
Halcyon
Loki

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearmdel View Post
Did you do the review? I'm on the payment plan and have 2 more to go... Had thoughts about canceling it but I'm still holding on to it because of the good things I heard about despite the bad paint job reviews. It is now on Waitlist so one more reason to keep it...
Hi, sorry still very busy with work. I will do it towards end next week.

I have two of these and two of the P2 wall art. Atm my hallway is full off enormous boxes and two tables are full with parts covered with beachtowels to keep them dust free.

One of the statues pieces have good fit. The other has some fitting problems, which i am fixing myself, but have to work by lamp-light bcs winter time.
Old 12-30-2021, 03:40 PM   #1888
Furyan
Mephisto

Anyone know the weight of this bad boy? Debating putting him in the middle of a besta and I'm not sure if I should.
Furyan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2021, 08:19 PM   #1889
VILE GUILE
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Furyan View Post
Anyone know the weight of this bad boy? Debating putting him in the middle of a besta and I'm not sure if I should.
A little over 50 lbs. I got one & it's pretty heavy.
VILE GUILE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2022, 11:09 PM   #1890
EStark
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jungle Demon View Post
I can always cancel my preorder and transfer my deposit on something else.
How? What store does that?
EStark is offline   Reply With Quote