Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 09-18-2017, 05:12 PM   #6981
Ryanbusts
Luke Cage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bowen or Bust View Post
.... and the saddest thing is it's the people who are not even ordering this piece are the loudest sqwaking about price and potential future value . It's like they are trying to convince others and themselves that they made the correct decision ... It's comical really .
I am going to buy this piece. I'll also talk, complain, yell, cry, and then some about this piece and it's position in the market. You don't have to read the every comment in this thread. I also haven't read a comment by anyone who is trying to "convince others decisions".
Not every comment for months of waiting is going to be about his dope costume, fine detail, portrait, or whatever else you expect to see. The comical thing when people act like they are reading posts and just picking up a few words and flying off the handle mocking others. Isn't the purpose of Forums to have a community of people with shared interests, come to a shared community and talk about that said interest?
Too hostile and elite sometimes.

Enjoy your piece when it comes, I know I will. It will be awesome.

Sorry I took the bait on that one. It felt like the instances where XM fanboys come charging in anytime a piece is criticized.
Ryanbusts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2017, 05:17 PM   #6982
Ryanbusts
Luke Cage

Quote:
Originally Posted by MONSTER View Post
I can't wait to get mine and I'll be happy if the price on the exclusive drops to or below retail. That way I can by a second one to display in my work office!
You don't care for the regular portrait enough for the second piece?
I wish I had your office. .
Wait let me rephrase that. I wish I had an office.
It would be sitting on a work bench for me. Lol

He is frickn massive. I hope you get a pic of Thanos from the back facing you, like your about to fire him.
Old 09-19-2017, 03:30 PM   #6983
MrJones
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

This Thanos might be so good he will cause me to sell off the rest of my collection. Because what's the point after this one?
MrJones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2017, 03:45 PM   #6984
MONSTER
Modzilla
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryanbusts View Post
You don't care for the regular portrait enough for the second piece?
I wish I had your office. .
Wait let me rephrase that. I wish I had an office.
It would be sitting on a work bench for me. Lol

He is frickn massive. I hope you get a pic of Thanos from the back facing you, like your about to fire him.
My work office isn't very impressive. It's on a construction site. lol

I really don't need 2 but if I can get another exclusive at retail I'd definitely do it. The exclusive head is by far my preferred version.
Old 09-20-2017, 12:56 AM   #6985
Cyber Warrior
Frackin!

I already have a space saved for him, getting tired of staring at an empty cube hoping he's released early.

Regs should without a doubt see a drop in price due to the high ES. Ex's I don't think will ever go below retail unless you're lucky, low ES, popular character which will only become more popular after the movie. SS really nailed this piece IMO, it will be hard to beat.. don't see it leaving collectors collections unless something better comes along. Ex sold out in record time, plenty of demand and people already willing to pay extra for it.
Cyber Warrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2017, 08:31 AM   #6986
IzeroI
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanitarium84 View Post
Not sure if anyone asked this question yet but for the regular, will the head be removable?

Since I missed out the ex, maybe I could get the regular and then get someone to work on a COH
Yes, it will be removable.
IzeroI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2017, 05:49 PM   #6987
Indomitus
Kiss my shiny metal arse!

Impressed to see this thread having a life of it's own basically always Page 1. I truly hope this piece lives up to the hype for you guys.
Indomitus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2017, 06:09 PM   #6988
Ryanbusts
Luke Cage

Quote:
Originally Posted by MONSTER View Post
My work office isn't very impressive. It's on a construction site. lol

I really don't need 2 but if I can get another exclusive at retail I'd definitely do it. The exclusive head is by far my preferred version.
Lol. Well that seems quite suitable. Where Thanos goes-destruction follows.
Sounds like youd be right there countering his destruction with new constructions.
Rock on Monster!
Old 09-21-2017, 11:32 AM   #6989
goto
Mephisto

He will costs me a lot of money because of VAT and shipping to europe but i will keep him forever and i see now the discussion here is grow up on 700 pages.

Is this a World Record now?
goto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2017, 03:53 PM   #6990
Indomitus
Kiss my shiny metal arse!

Maybe folks can put him in their living room positioned next to them, Thanos holding and handing you the remote, you on your lazyboy chair in front of the TV. I would easily hang this picture in my bathroom or in a proctologist office. So many dynamic options.

I really have too much time or something on my hands...or is it a finger if your Thanos? Depends on where you are and what......

Indomitus is offline   Reply With Quote