Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 09-21-2017, 04:14 PM   #1
Indomitus
Kiss my shiny metal arse!

Would you buy switch out options for your statues?

So I was think in a post statue apocalyptic world where finances were indeed tight but statue companies wanted to stick around and so needed to scale down both prices and statue sizes, what if they offered accessories options, alternate heads, hands, feet, or even butts for our favorite statues? Imagine if you could invigorate that statue that has been collecting dust and migrating to the bottom recesses of your collection? I know I feel a sense of renewal when I switch out some of the options.

So my question would be which old statue would you like to see something added to and what would it be? Maybe this would strike an iron with Sideshow and the other companies.

For me I would really like to see an unmasked head for the old Storm Shadow Polystone Statue, maybe a hand holding shuriken, a hand holding a decapitated head (Zartan?), or even 2 thumbs up. Here is the piece I am talking about.

https://www.sideshowtoy.com/collecti...tibles-200201/

You?
Indomitus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2017, 04:22 PM   #2
jeremydmc
Black Panther

A new head for my Supergirl PF. I actually like the one it is has but would like to have another option for the hair. My friends that come over don't get the floating in space look of it now. Some even wonder why she is under water.

I replied once that she had a hot date with Aquaman...........I need to read the room better next time. LOL
jeremydmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2017, 04:31 PM   #3
Mister H
Gen 13

Not a bad idea for variety. I wouldn't want a lot of detachable parts on a statue though. When I think of sculptures, I think of one solid piece. When they have a lot of removable parts then they are more like action figures to me. A different head or hand holding something is fine but anything more than that and there will be too many seams in the sculpt. Just my opinion though.
Mister H is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2017, 04:35 PM   #4
adee
Green Arrow

I'm not big on switch outs. Given the choice I'd rather not have them at all. I don't mind them as much when they're completely seamless but I hate visible seams.

Not sure if I'd buy stuff for statues I have. I guess it would all depend on how good it looked and how much it cost.
adee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2017, 05:01 PM   #5
QX403
A day without sunshine is like... night.

I would if they were nice. I've contimplated doing a couple of molds such as Captain Marvels head and making her a mask with a Mowhawk, Gamora's hand and sword and giving her one for her front arm, I just haven't gotten around to it yet.
QX403 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2017, 05:35 PM   #6
dechirico7
The Flash

Yes and I do.
dechirico7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2017, 05:43 PM   #7
supermetroid
Teen Titans

A good idea in theory but I could see companies taking advantage of customers. For example, releasing a good portrait with the statue, then soon after selling a better one.
supermetroid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2017, 05:56 PM   #8
Comicbookguy
Hercules

Yes I want! Mostly coh's! Especially super girl, the magic girl, a unmasked female Thor, unmasked Vader, unmasked batgirl, unmasked catwoman, but never a unasked boba fett. Yuck!
Comicbookguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2017, 05:58 PM   #9
nbr3bagshotrow
curmudgeon Mod
Super Moderator

No.
Old 09-22-2017, 06:01 PM   #10
QX403
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comicbookguy View Post
Yes I want! Mostly coh's! Especially super girl, the magic girl, a unmasked female Thor, unmasked Vader, unmasked batgirl, unmasked catwoman, but never a unasked boba fett. Yuck!
It's not really possible unless they have switch out heads and some of them don't , unless you break the statue which isn't generally a good idea.
QX403 is offline   Reply With Quote