Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Hot Toys

Old 07-08-2011, 06:37 PM   #41
Matches Malone
Bub Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by VS1976 View Post
I wouldn't mind a Demon bat.
I am willing to split the set with you if you want VS. The half set would just have to get shipped over the Rocks so it is very manageable. PM me if you are interested.
Matches Malone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 06:44 PM   #42
Agent23
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

Looks like it sold out already on SS page.
Agent23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 07:25 PM   #43
fborecki
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent23 View Post
Looks like it sold out already on SS page.
Yup didn't think it would stay in stock long. The way I see it HT puts out some amazing sclupts that are turning more and more collectors heads. Personally I was all about statues until I saw the Cap HT and now I'm all over these bad boys...and a newly converted like myself sees the opp of getting a set like this that has been previously released as Christmas. Happy for all of those who picked on up now we wait for it.
fborecki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 11:58 AM   #44
Matches Malone
Bub Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by fborecki View Post
Yup didn't think it would stay in stock long. The way I see it HT puts out some amazing sclupts that are turning more and more collectors heads. Personally I was all about statues until I saw the Cap HT and now I'm all over these bad boys...and a newly converted like myself sees the opp of getting a set like this that has been previously released as Christmas. Happy for all of those who picked on up now we wait for it.
Honestly dude, I have a handful of HT and they are incredible but they do stay in one pose once I display them. In a grand display they get lost and come off like the dolls they are. I still love them and will buy them but for the money (and often less) there is no beating a statue piece.
Old 07-13-2011, 05:49 AM   #45
Glennfett
Artificial Intelligence usually beats real stupidity.

got my figures today via Ebay...will post pics asap.
Glennfett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 08:51 PM   #46
fborecki
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matches Malone View Post
Honestly dude, I have a handful of HT and they are incredible but they do stay in one pose once I display them. In a grand display they get lost and come off like the dolls they are. I still love them and will buy them but for the money (and often less) there is no beating a statue piece.
I agree and disagree. Statues have a presence about them that really make an exclamation point for any collector but that said I'd easily say the quality of face sculpts alone make HT products do the same. Also a collection is just as much about presentation than quality of statues so displaying statues and ht's together in a way that makes them both thrive is possible. Dolls or a chunk of polystone it's all worth what it means to you. In short collectors win no matter what they decide to collect.
fborecki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 11:10 PM   #47
Matches Malone
Bub Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by fborecki View Post
I agree and disagree. Statues have a presence about them that really make an exclamation point for any collector but that said I'd easily say the quality of face sculpts alone make HT products do the same. Also a collection is just as much about presentation than quality of statues so displaying statues and ht's together in a way that makes them both thrive is possible. Dolls or a chunk of polystone it's all worth what it means to you. In short collectors win no matter what they decide to collect.
True, but in amongst traditional statue product I find the amazing face sculpts get overlooked when we have visitors to our home.

I do fully agree with your eloquent points. Collect what makes one happy is a solid mantra for sure.
Old 07-14-2011, 08:46 PM   #48
Glennfett
Artificial Intelligence usually beats real stupidity.

Glennfett is offline   Reply With Quote