Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Comic Heroes > Comics

Old 10-09-2017, 02:59 PM   #1
OrangeCrush
Kindly Asked To Leave

Lucio Parrillo Covers...

Even tho I have stopped buying modern comics, there are still a few that I am looking to buy if I can track them down. In particular, there are like 4 covers from Lucio Parrillo from Dynamite's Warlord of Mars series that I have been trying to track down for like 3-4 years now. They are without question the most difficult covers I have ever tried tracking down before. I checked eBay almost on a bi-daily basis for roughly 2 years and I never saw even a single copy of some of the covers I am after.

Anyways, I really havent been keeping up on the search for those covers as it was just so frustrating checking so often and not being able to find them. So I really havent been checking eBay much the last 6+ months. The reason I am making this thread is because the value of many of Parrillo's comic covers have absolutely exploded in value this year. He is my single favorte artist working today and I am absolutey in shock at the prices many of his earlier covers are bringing in now. I can only assume that his popularity is spiking pretty dramatically to see the prices were now seeing on many of the covers he did for Dynamite's Queen Sonja, Vampirella, and Warlord of Mars. Vampirella #19, which I think is the single sexiest comic cover ever created, has just exploded in value. A copy sold last week for $95 and many of his other covers for those series are selling for $20-$30 a pop. Those comics were only selling for roughly $4.99 to $7.99 apiece just last year.

Honestly, I am just blown away at how dramatically his covers have increased in value this year. Don't get me wrong, that actually makes me very happy as I own like 15+ copies of most of the covers that were in his Queen Sonja, Vampirella, and Warlord of Mars cover runs. I have stated a few times on this board that I consider those cover runs by Parrillo to be the strongest cover runs I have seen to date in the entire history of the comic market, which is why I purchased so many copies of those comics. I absolutely LOVE most of those covers and would purchase copies any time they went up for sale on eBay for a good price.

I was just curious if there were any other big Lucio Parrillo fans in here. I just never expected those covers would rise in value like they did and again, I can only assume that means there has been a pretty dramatic rise in his popularity over the last year.

By the way, I did wind up finding one of the covers I have been after since those series were released. It was Parrillo's Warlord of Mars #15 variant. I had to spend $19.99, but I would honstly pay double that price just to buy a single copy of those covers I have ben trying to hunt down for the last few years. Here is the cover I just picked up:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Warlord-of-M...72.m2749.l2649

OrangeCrush is offline   Reply With Quote