Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > XM Studios

Old 01-01-2015, 01:01 PM   #21
actionjackson83
Midnighter

Love these updated costume designs that XM does. They're subtle and give their heroes a real life element to them. Also differentiates their statues from other companies and really shows of the artist's creativity. This is a must buy for me as I don't own any 1/4 Daredevil and ss let me down with their unicycle riding Daredevil.
actionjackson83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2015, 01:12 PM   #22
Remember Me?
Hellfire Club

I expect DD to be in a more acrobatic pose (Similar to the one standing on one hand), but this will do too.
Remember Me? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2015, 01:15 PM   #23
AlizAbef
What's another word for Thesaurus?

Quote:
Originally Posted by actionjackson83 View Post
Love these updated costume designs that XM does. They're subtle and give their heroes a real life element to them. Also differentiates their statues from other companies and really shows of the artist's creativity. This is a must buy for me as I don't own any 1/4 Daredevil and ss let me down with their unicycle riding Daredevil.
I'm kinda on the opposite side. I'm beginning to realize that XM is making a lot of heroes and villains that incorporate quite a few straps, buckles, and zippers into the sculpts. I remember how much I liked it when Magneto was unveiled, but now they seem to be doing it with every character they come out with, minus a few, and I'm starting to lose interest.

It's like Magneto, Wolverine, Daredevil, Antman, and Hawkeye all had their suits made and tailored at the same shop, or had them developed by the same manufacturer that makes U.S. military gear and equipment.

It's almost as if this is XM's version of a Marvel New 52 or something. These renditions are almost becoming too modern for my liking anymore. I know everyone dislikes SS's Daredevil for reasons already discussed, but at least the classic/realistic costume didn't go away.

I'm very surprised XM's Hawkeye didn't have the whole strap and buckle thing done to his boots. Or Iron Man with metal clasps around his boots and gauntlets. Anyway, that's just how I feel about this new modern look they're going for.
AlizAbef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2015, 01:15 PM   #24
Viper245
Crime Syndicate

No 1/4 scale DD in the collection yet so this is welcome news. I like what XM is dishing out on this piece so far so this just might be a buy for me. Anxiously awaiting more updates on this piece.
Viper245 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2015, 01:17 PM   #25
actionjackson83
Midnighter

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlizAbef View Post
I'm kinda on the opposite side. I'm beginning to realize that XM is making a lot of heroes and villains that incorporate quite a few straps, buckles, and zippers into the sculpts. I remember how much I liked it when Magneto was unveiled, but now they seem to be doing it with every character they come out with, minus a few, and I'm starting to lose interest.

It's like Magneto, Wolverine, Daredevil, Antman, and Hawkeye all had their suits made and tailored at the same shop, or had them developed by the same manufacturer that makes U.S. military gear and equipment.

It's almost as if this is XM's version of a Marvel New 52 or something. These renditions are almost becoming too modern for my liking anymore. I know everyone dislikes SS's Daredevil for reasons already discussed, but at least the classic/realistic costume didn't go away.

I'm very surprised XM's Hawkeye didn't have the whole strap and buckle thing done to his boots. Or Iron Man with metal clasps around his boots and gauntlets. Anyway, that's just how I feel about this new modern look they're going for.

That's cool, I respect your opinion and we all have our different tastes. I just find the modernized/militarized designs as to me they suit my characters more than classic onsies spandex designs. I also love costume designing and seeing how character's evolve over time in their costume designs so that's why I'm more appreciative of these efforts by the sculptors and art direction.
actionjackson83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2015, 01:25 PM   #26
majestic1
Green Lantern Corps
Adamantium Member

Not crazy about all the extras on his costume like the shoulder and shin pads, also the straps around his waist seem unnecessary, he typically wears his skin tight costume under his regular clothes so it shouldn't be too bulky, it actually looks more like armored Daredevil.

The billy clubs look great though, no chopsticks for this version
majestic1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2015, 01:39 PM   #27
grphyx1
Kingpin

They were all designed by Edna Mode

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlizAbef View Post

grphyx1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2015, 01:47 PM   #28
AlizAbef
What's another word for Thesaurus?

Quote:
Originally Posted by grphyx1 View Post
They were all designed by Edna Mode
Well then that dude must own furniture in his house that looks like this:

AlizAbef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2015, 01:51 PM   #29
The Mule
Kindly Asked To Leave

I'm in the camp of those who prefer the modern take on the costumes.
Imho, superheroes exist (and make sense) only as a reflection of our society, and this includes their appearance. It doesn't seem weird to me that they have similar features - after all, it doesn't seem weird either that all classic costumes were spandex suits with panties slapped on them

I also think that most of these details won't be as noticeable once the statue is painted. I've found this artwork, which has a lot of similarities with this suit, and I really love how all the details blend naturally.

The Mule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2015, 01:54 PM   #30
gomur
The Tick

I love everything from the waist up, but the cargo pants lower torso looks like it was pulled from a different character.

Then again... he is a blind superhero. We should cut him some slack.
gomur is offline   Reply With Quote