Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 06-04-2019, 02:20 PM   #1481
Silas Loki
A.I.M.

I'm not sure it's a crisis, but certainly this trend is unhealthy. I get the feeling companies are previewing products just to stay relevant in the game.....call me a pessimist, but I wonder if these companies even have the real intention to make everything they preview.

What's more, consider this, people are paying NRD's and payment plans, expecting the statues to ship (more or less) on time.....now, in the run up to release date, the companies are sitting on bucket loads of income they've done nothing to earn!! When release date comes, they begin to publish "small" delays - knowing full well that the majority of pre orders will stay the course....meaning, they still have your money, even though they've shipped zero product.

Imagine if the average wait time, including delays, amounts to more than three years....in this time they could invest that capital and depending on the investment, see a modest return. So even if everyone cancelled their pre order and got a full refund, they would still have made a ROI, effectively whilst having access to free cash.

The thing is, since cancelling my order, I have no intention / interest in picking this piece up going forward.....I've moved on in my interest. So, in all of this, I'm the "stone cold" loser, as I have given P1 (Sideshow) my money for x years and have nothing to show for it......
Silas Loki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2019, 04:26 PM   #1482
COI

My guess is these companies rely on the cash flow of pre-order deposits and payment plans, so they have to keep pumping out the pre-orders, which then also means they have to keep pumping out teases and prototypes at these big shows. You have product A on order, they have to put out related product B to keep your interest in A, and then they have to show you related products C, D and E to give you faith in your time investment, not to mention give you a reason to avoid other lines from other companies.

This way of operating is the lifeblood of the business.
COI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2019, 07:02 PM   #1483
OhHaiMark
Justice League

Wonder how much longer until the first official Ciri postponement? Prime 1 has her listed as shipping April - June 2019, while SS has July - September 2019.
OhHaiMark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2019, 01:26 PM   #1484
KOrigin
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Pretty surprised its finally coming, wow.
Your Triss Merigold of Maribor Statue will be arriving into our warehouse in approximately 7 days. Your final payment is scheduled for Wednesday, June 12, 2019.
KOrigin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2019, 01:13 AM   #1485
MechWestern
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silas Loki View Post
I'm not sure it's a crisis, but certainly this trend is unhealthy. I get the feeling companies are previewing products just to stay relevant in the game.....call me a pessimist, but I wonder if these companies even have the real intention to make everything they preview.

What's more, consider this, people are paying NRD's and payment plans, expecting the statues to ship (more or less) on time.....now, in the run up to release date, the companies are sitting on bucket loads of income they've done nothing to earn!! When release date comes, they begin to publish "small" delays - knowing full well that the majority of pre orders will stay the course....meaning, they still have your money, even though they've shipped zero product.

Imagine if the average wait time, including delays, amounts to more than three years....in this time they could invest that capital and depending on the investment, see a modest return. So even if everyone cancelled their pre order and got a full refund, they would still have made a ROI, effectively whilst having access to free cash.

The thing is, since cancelling my order, I have no intention / interest in picking this piece up going forward.....I've moved on in my interest. So, in all of this, I'm the "stone cold" loser, as I have given P1 (Sideshow) my money for x years and have nothing to show for it......

amen to this one...

I wonder how much of those revenue streams are from idiots like me who get jazzed at announcement, and lose interest a year later and cancel.

I officially quit that game.
MechWestern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2019, 03:56 PM   #1486
No1
The Avengers

The people are receiving now the first of the ladies, Triss, and she looks nice, there's even unboxing on Youtube now
No1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2019, 12:29 PM   #1487
gs013564
Justice League

Quote:
Originally Posted by No1 View Post
The people are receiving now the first of the ladies, Triss, and she looks nice, there's even unboxing on Youtube now
That poor guy in the unboxing on Youtube... Triss was already broken. I bet he cut the camera off and immediately screamed in frustration.

2.5 years of waiting... and since it came from SS good luck on the runaround of getting it replaced...

So glad I cancelled and ordered direct from P1. Even if it takes longer at least P1 will take care of it directly.
gs013564 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2019, 01:40 PM   #1488
No1
The Avengers

Quote:
Originally Posted by gs013564 View Post
That poor guy in the unboxing on Youtube... Triss was already broken. I bet he cut the camera off and immediately screamed in frustration.

2.5 years of waiting... and since it came from SS good luck on the runaround of getting it replaced...

So glad I cancelled and ordered direct from P1. Even if it takes longer at least P1 will take care of it directly.
I have PO of Ciri and Yen only, I don´t take Triss.

My greatest fear is received a broken statue, because I´m in another country, far away from USA or Japan/China so it will be impossible to fixed, it´s so expensive the shipping and taxes that I would pay the equivalent of 2 statues...
No1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2019, 03:26 PM   #1489
Submissive421
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by No1 View Post
I have PO of Ciri and Yen only, I don´t take Triss.

My greatest fear is received a broken statue, because I´m in another country, far away from USA or Japan/China so it will be impossible to fixed, it´s so expensive the shipping and taxes that I would pay the equivalent of 2 statues...
If you ordered directly from P1 you can just send in a request for a replacement. It wouldn’t cost you anything. Sideshow should be offering replacements by going to P1 from the request.

If you order from anybody else, then you will be out of luck if it arrives broken
Submissive421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2019, 08:55 AM   #1490
Hokuto
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

I ordered Ciri from Prime 1 store, they've just send me an email with the new estimated shipping date: Aug. 2019 - Oct. 2019
(I already known it cause I asked them on may and they answered me same way)
Hokuto is offline   Reply With Quote