Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Chronicle Collectibles

Old 11-22-2018, 11:29 AM   #91
samhain81
The Masters of Evil

It looks great, but no way 1100 great. For that price it should be assured that it will come out exactly like the proto, and I'm sorry, but that hair is too much of a gamble to say the least. Expected about 800 to 900 max. Im out. Haven't got the money to gamble anymore.
samhain81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2018, 02:30 PM   #92
French Cancan
Deadman

French Cancan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2018, 04:18 PM   #93
qz33
Doctor Doom

Apart from all the "better be for the price" rhetoric, think of the worst issues you've seen in statues.

If you can't handle that being a possibility at the price and risk of at least losing the NRD, then don't PO.

It really is that simple. Nothing in this disconnected industry is going to change.
qz33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2018, 04:30 PM   #94
dechirico7
The Flash

Quote:
Originally Posted by qz33 View Post
Apart from all the "better be for the price" rhetoric, think of the worst issues you've seen in statues.

If you can't handle that being a possibility at the price and risk of at least losing the NRD, then don't PO.

It really is that simple. Nothing in this disconnected industry is going to change.
I just plan on returning it for a full refund if it doesn't live up to expectations.
I don't know this company, it will be my first Chronicle piece.
Kind of excited, a bit scared...

dechirico7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2018, 12:05 PM   #95
Dave Mac
A day without sunshine is like... night.

I have the King Conan piece and think it's a great piece apart from the plain base, but that adds to the focus on the piece itself (if that makes sense!). Likeness of Arnie is spot on so no worries on Mr Bowie shining through.
I think these type of pieces at this price are a definite niche buy and one to treat yourself too without thinking of future resale value. Thulsa Doom is also on the way so I have faith in CC's commitment to bringing us the very niche pieces.
I am hoping to get one (first 100) and look forward to seeing what else comes along in this line at this scale.
Dave Mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2018, 02:08 PM   #96
dechirico7
The Flash

I am just waiting for it to go up. Can you put down a larger down payment?
Old 11-23-2018, 02:30 PM   #97
Chronicle CS
Chronicle Collectibles
Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dechirico7 View Post
I am just waiting for it to go up. Can you put down a larger down payment?
That should be possible through our new payment processor.

- Robert
Chronicle CS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2018, 05:56 PM   #98
EnShinNoi
Midnighter

So, who ordered it? There's still a chance for me if Popcultcha sell it an an introductory price. I can then drop it by a further 10%. But they have a habit of charging more for CC pieces. Ikon mustn't be able to make as sweeter deals with them as they can Sideshow.
EnShinNoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2018, 05:56 PM   #99
dechirico7
The Flash

Ordered. Hoping I am one of the first 100. Pretty sure I will be. I had my order in by 3:10. I liked using that payment plan, I was able to put down a large initial payment. I wish more companies used that.

Did everyone catch the live video on Facebook?
They are doing 1:2 scale doorknockers, mentioned a possible 1:1 bust of Jareth, Jareth's ball mask replica and some 1/9 pieces. Very exciting. I am not sure I can afford the bust or knockers but I am definitely interested in the mask and smaller pieces to display with this piece.
Old 11-23-2018, 06:33 PM   #100
EnShinNoi
Midnighter

Quote:
Originally Posted by dechirico7 View Post
Ordered. Hoping I am one of the first 100. Pretty sure I will be. I had my order in by 3:10. I liked using that payment plan, I was able to put down a large initial payment. I wish more companies used that.

Did everyone catch the live video on Facebook?
They are doing 1:2 scale doorknockers, mentioned a possible 1:1 bust of Jareth, Jareth's ball mask replica and some 1/9 pieces. Very exciting. I am not sure I can afford the bust or knockers but I am definitely interested in the mask and smaller pieces to display with this piece.
I caught the end of it. Ludo and Sir Didymus are high on the list and I suppose Hoggle would be too. He better be...

It was also mentioned the knights guarding the doors which I think is referring to the riddle scene.
EnShinNoi is offline   Reply With Quote