Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Infinity Studios / Gantaku / Queen Studios

Old 06-26-2019, 11:16 AM   #171
candyrocket786
Suicide Squad

I'm waiting for the damage control by Infinity once this news spreads through FB.
candyrocket786 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2019, 11:19 AM   #172
lighterheaven
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Augen View Post
I've never looked at this hobby as any sort of investment. I could see a future twenty years from now where I unload everything losing 80-100% of what I spent on pieces.

For me the greater concern would be seeing Gal go Crypt Keeper on me slowly over that time span so wouldn't be able to enjoy what would be my ultimate centerpiece. Something to consider.
I don’t usually look at this hobby as any sort of investment as well, but then again, i have never buy a bust that cost $3300.

That is a biig amount of money for me, so I’m thinking that if I am getting it, there’s a big chance that the value will rise up so if one day (God forbid), I’m in an emergency need of budget, I can sell it for at least the original buying price.

Now with this fact, if one day i want to sell it, one of her eyes might droop and i might have to call it “DCeased Wonder Woman” for sale, and only get like 1/4 of what I originally spent for her.
lighterheaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2019, 11:25 AM   #173
FROBAY
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by candyrocket786 View Post
I'm waiting for the damage control by Infinity once this news spreads through FB.
Me too. I’d like to hear Queen Studios answer on this subject.
FROBAY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2019, 11:49 AM   #174
pdenham
Teen Titans

Kudos to Infinity being up front about that.

I'd guess that twenty is a best case scenario (under glass, controlled temp & light, etc), and some of us would likely see flaking and hair falling out after fifteen years, if not sooner.
pdenham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2019, 11:52 AM   #175
lighterheaven
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdenham View Post
I'd guess that twenty is a best case scenario (under glass, controlled temp & light, etc), and some of us would likely see flaking and hair falling out after fifteen years, if not sooner.
That is so very true.
Old 06-26-2019, 11:55 AM   #176
Shoo
Hercules

Quote:
I'd guess that twenty is a best case scenario (under glass, controlled temp & light, etc)
Yes. This...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infinity CookingMama
it should last over 20 years
... was in response to this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charliemagne Uy
How many years will the silicone lasts if taken care properly?
Shoo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2019, 12:05 PM   #177
candyrocket786
Suicide Squad

Quote:
Kudos to Infinity being up front about that.

Yeah.... with a real woman it's more expensive on the up-keep over 20-40 years before we just stop giving a damn.

So twenty is pretty good.
candyrocket786 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2019, 12:16 PM   #178
El Diablo
Doom Patrol

Personally I’m not overly concerned what state these busts will be in 20 plus years, the statue market could have collapsed by then and whole collections could be worthless, you could of dropped it whilst moving, the world could of ended, you could’ve of won the lottery (hopefully before the end of the world) silly I know but you get the point. Basically anything could happen, 20 years is a LONG time. Besides it works out to $165 a year, if you can’t afford that i’d question the purchase in the first place.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FROBAY View Post
Me too. I’d like to hear Queen Studios answer on this subject.
Queen studios have already stated they’ll be using platinum silicone which is pretty much the best you can get.
El Diablo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2019, 12:19 PM   #179
El Diablo
Doom Patrol

Quote:
Originally Posted by candyrocket786 View Post
Yeah.... with a real woman it's more expensive on the up-keep over 20-40 years before we just stop giving a damn.

So twenty is pretty good.
also a very good point! I know my mrs and kids have cost me a damn sight more than $3300 over the last 20 years!
El Diablo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2019, 12:24 PM   #180
lighterheaven

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Diablo View Post
Queen studios have already stated they’ll be using platinum silicone which is pretty much the best you can get.
So basically Queen can use much much better material with cheaper price.. hmm.