Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Chronicle Collectibles

Old 03-12-2018, 03:15 PM   #11
Big Hulk
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

I like size and that is about it. The wrinkles are just too much, especially around the tail.
Big Hulk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2018, 04:12 PM   #12
VickPS
Blue Falcon

I like everything about it and colorwise can't wait to add the most accurate JP female ever to my collection, in what will be a huge and insane diorama.
VickPS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2018, 04:41 PM   #13
Ezhil
Mephisto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chronicle CS View Post
Just to let you know, India is within our license and we will ship there.

- Robert
Shipping from usa to india from chronicle collectibles is very expensive through ups or fedex . I think for its size shipping is almost the same price as the price tag.currently there r no retailers who sell them here. I ask cc owners to care for us international buyers on shipping charges. Remember we also pay the custom duties (48%) which is inclusive of the total (price + shipping).
Ezhil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2018, 04:59 PM   #14
67L88Stingray
Doc Savage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ezhil View Post
Shipping from usa to india from chronicle collectibles is very expensive through ups or fedex . I think for its size shipping is almost the same price as the price tag.currently there r no retailers who sell them here. I ask cc owners to care for us international buyers on shipping charges. Remember we also pay the custom duties (48%) which is inclusive of the total (price + shipping).
What do you expect them to do? Shipping is expensive and sounds like your government is really greedy to want 48% taxes.
67L88Stingray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2018, 05:14 PM   #15
Adam_Warlock
Mephisto

Quote:
Originally Posted by VickPS View Post
From the other Thread.

wow I didnt know it was that much larger. Excellent. Also not sure why people are going on about the wrinkles. The T-Rex in the movie has many wrinkles.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Tyrannosaurdoe.png
Views:	41
Size:	1.44 MB
ID:	112196  
Adam_Warlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2018, 05:56 PM   #16
Ezhil
Mephisto

No they are doing their best. I think they are a stable company and have grounded their business strongly than last year so shipping through various shippers i hope international customers get a deduced rates like sideshow
Ezhil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2018, 05:57 PM   #17
dannygarrett09
Birdman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam_Warlock View Post
wow I didnt know it was that much larger. Excellent. Also not sure why people are going on about the wrinkles. The T-Rex in the movie has many wrinkles.
Thats from The Lost World not Jurassic Park
dannygarrett09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2018, 06:50 PM   #18
tamaboy311
Luke Cage

at least the cg version has that wrinkle pattern. I think they toned it down from the we saw first.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Jurassic_Park_1993_tyrannosaurus_rex_rexy_velociraptor_vierailukeskus_2.png
Views:	50
Size:	1.72 MB
ID:	112207  
tamaboy311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2018, 08:41 PM   #19
JPBF
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Wow, for only $100 more you get quite a bit more dino than Chronicle’s Rex. That said, there is something off putting about it. She definitely looses a lot of impact without the explorer under her foot and basing the skin off the sub HD textures of the original ILM model with the weird wrinkles instead of Stan Winston’s more detailed models is a little bizarre. I still have credit on Chronicle’s webstore but I think I’ll hold off. Still waiting to see how the rotundra rex, raptors in kitchen and Nedry dio turn out.
JPBF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2018, 03:42 AM   #20
ultrazilla
I took an IQ test and the results were negative.

Hm, it's a bit of a wash really. The statue is missing a lot of high frequency details like tiny wrinkles, cuts, scales and etc mainly on the tail, legs and torso region, and that's a lot of missing details proportionally speaking. It really nailed the head, neck, feet and forelimbs but due to the inconsistency of other regions, it feels like a LOD 0 model without loading some high res textures lol.
BO Rex may not have as good of a head but the consistency in quality is far better thus a more complete statue to look at.
On another note, IS probably didn't add any additional zbrush detailing on the original model and I fear the original did have some really low res textures at the time, especially when you compare to the JW T Rex CGI, so the goal of 100% replicating the original CGI model kinda backfired.

You can clearly see how much details are missing.
ultrazilla is offline   Reply With Quote