Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Pop Culture Shock

Old 09-18-2018, 01:42 AM   #61
candyrocket786
Suicide Squad

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberSteak View Post
Spoke to a CS rep this morning. They're no longer even giving a time frame for returns. Stated they have a team working with PCS but the process is taking much longer then they would have liked it to. I straight up blamed PCS for the stalling on this whole situation and the CS rep didn't even attempt to diffuse the situation or defend them.

So. We're pretty much no better off with SS then we were with PCS because ultimately, it's still PCS that's being PCS.

And what the hell has happened to the team? Jerry walks away and they say nothing. Ant has been awol for a long period of time. Johnzy is no longer part of the team. There's been no unboxing videos of anything knew that's come out. The only presence they have on their FB page is some anonymous poster behind the Pop Culture Shock name (won't even reveal who's posting under that account). Vince Oddone who worked on Goro stated he was his favorite project during his time with PCS.
Even Dylan hasn't been present on FB and he was always towing the company line.

Who exactly is PCS now? That transparency...
Sounds like we're f**ked and SS can pretty much drag it on forever.
candyrocket786 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2018, 10:13 AM   #62
actionjackson83
Midnighter

yup, because PCS wasn't refunding before and if the agreement was to have PCS still actually issue refunds and not have SS use its cash coffers to do it, then we're all ----ed.
actionjackson83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2018, 11:14 AM   #63
Quicksilver
Suicide Squad

and Jerry is riding off into the sunset in his ferrari while the collector's foot the bill. So glad I sold almost all of my PCS stuff back when it actually had some sort of value, the only 3 I have left are kahn, kintaro, and raiden
Quicksilver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2018, 12:14 PM   #64
MPCanes
The X-Men

Pretty ----ty. I avoided going with my 6 month protection via PayPal b/c sideshows partnership was announced so I figured I would just go with them for the refund. Now we're 1.5 months in with no refund and my 6 month protection is gone.

Lame.
MPCanes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2018, 06:17 PM   #65
MegatronG1
The X-Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by OuttaSight View Post
well after that post everyone can see your true self.
Quote:
Originally Posted by qz33 View Post
Hey I'm not the one with the name outtasight and blaming everyone but myself for my own company's demise.
No after that post everyone can see your true self in one exhaustive list of nothing but your own actions and half-truths and you knew what you were doing every step of the way.
If the industry was still in it's inflation phase you'd still be stroking that golden goose to lay more eggs.

One day I had opened a new PCS statue and was showing it off and praising about how you as the owner take time to talk on the forums and interact directly with all the fans and someone said "oh my he's sure got the wool pulled over all of your eyes"

I was so quick to defend the reply and explain how much you cared.

She was very wise and very right and I was very wrong, that I can admit. Deep down I probably suspected it though but I just didn't want to admit it.
He's never changed. It's just that the stakes are higher now with toys that cost $900 each versus $15 back in the SOTA days. The kitchen got too hot for him, and he's never been the type to own up to things.

I would dare say that the new PCS will be better off without Jerry, if they continue doing what has worked well for them, to date: retain a healthy stable of sculptors, reward the good ones with more work (especially the Ibuki sculptor), insist on fully sculpted whenever possible(and close any other QC gaps), commit to completing lines or be more proactive in giving roadmaps, and give Bryon a raise.

Since Sideshow took on the responsibilities for the refunds, it's squarely their problem now. However, this stench will follow all of his future work.
MegatronG1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2018, 07:03 PM   #66
Gruson
Suicide Squad

The major issues came AFTER Jerry guys. He always helped me out and refunded my orders. These new owners are the real crooks and I cannot stand their ‘fake’ attitude.
Hoping Sideshow still refunds me, they said they would send a check but I’ll take credit at this point...
Gruson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2018, 08:20 PM   #67
qz33
Doctor Doom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gruson View Post
The major issues came AFTER Jerry guys. He always helped me out and refunded my orders. These new owners are the real crooks and I cannot stand their ‘fake’ attitude.
Hoping Sideshow still refunds me, they said they would send a check but I’ll take credit at this point...
Dude Jerry set all this up. It's just been a year since Gerald "Jerry" Macaluso "sold" PCS and check these threads, it hit the fan long before now even before January. Even with all this time Macaluso's are still the majority of outstanding statues.
If they trashed cash on nothing but strippers and blow no way anyone could wreck a healthy company that fast.

Jerry just managed to sell the grenade before it totally went up in his face. About the only asset he managed to sell turned out to be one big liability and he knew that all along.

I'm sure Sideshow is no longer interested in credit because cancellations have likely grown to where even trading their own statues at cost for credit would still make too big of a hit to their bottom line.

You think Sideshow's gonna trade a $1,000+ Prime 1 statue for 2 yet to be produced PCS statues?
Fat chance.

Jerry refunded orders because he was flush with new PO cash. Much easier to be the hero when you're in the right place at the right time.
Not gonna let him weasel out of his responsibility any longer.
qz33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2018, 11:19 PM   #68
marvelboi77
Spider-Woman #1 Fan

What a frustrating situation for all of you. Sideshow rode in like a hero, and turned out to be a zero..
marvelboi77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2018, 04:51 AM   #69
Sgt Taz
Doom Patrol

Call me crazy but I'm going to give it till the end of the year to join the mass panic...yes things look bad at this point but I actually still believe both PCS and SS are actively working to resolving the issue and getting back to a healthy status...it probably is taking them longer than they both hoped and anticipated.
Sgt Taz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2018, 07:59 AM   #70
marvelboi77
Spider-Woman #1 Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgt Taz View Post
Call me crazy but I'm going to give it till the end of the year to join the mass panic...yes things look bad at this point but I actually still believe both PCS and SS are actively working to resolving the issue and getting back to a healthy status...it probably is taking them longer than they both hoped and anticipated.
At this point you don't have much choice, they already got your money. Doesn't hurt to hope for the best.
marvelboi77 is offline   Reply With Quote