Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Iron Studios

Old 01-08-2020, 11:39 AM   #41
desertdragon
Sinister Six

Quote:
Originally Posted by chronos1919 View Post
Excellent pictures. They inspired me to order Ant-Man and Wasp. The $25 coupons SS hands out didn't hurt either. $90 each is more than fair.
Thanks chronos1919 - and $90 each for these is a steal - you did it right
desertdragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2020, 01:42 PM   #42
chronos1919
Nightwing

Received both in and the look fantastic. Looking forward to more pieces from this line and scale.

Had some blemishes (sloppy paint) on the Ant-Man helmeted head sculpt but SS already responded (after only one day!) and they're sending a replacement head to me.

The only other issue I see is that my Paul Rudd head sculpt looks pale (as it should) and my Evangeline Lilly is much more pink. I don't plan on displaying them without their helmets anyway so I'm not too worried about it. I would be more likely to if the Paul Rudd sculpt looked better.
chronos1919 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2020, 03:52 PM   #43
Featherfootdave
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Got these the other day too, and mine looked similar as described. Am going with helmeted heads, and they looked solid.

But I definitely like them and will add a few more to fill in gaps in my MCU collection...
Featherfootdave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2020, 04:06 AM   #44
Thorondor_33
Blue Falcon

I received my Ant-Man. It's really nice. The helmeted head is top notch. The Paul Rudd head seems a little lifeless with a plain expression but I wasn't planning to display it with that head.

I wish they had used darker paints, or applied an extra coat or two. The entire statue is done in that translucent material, so in certain light conditions the light will actually pass through and make the statue look cheap.

Was it supposed to come with that flat black base? Mine did not include it.
Thorondor_33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2020, 12:59 AM   #45
nameivom
The Herculoids

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorondor_33 View Post
I received my Ant-Man. It's really nice. The helmeted head is top notch. The Paul Rudd head seems a little lifeless with a plain expression but I wasn't planning to display it with that head.

I wish they had used darker paints, or applied an extra coat or two. The entire statue is done in that translucent material, so in certain light conditions the light will actually pass through and make the statue look cheap.

Was it supposed to come with that flat black base? Mine did not include it.
Both my Ant Man and Wasp did not but there is a spot for the black base in each of the foam boxes. Not sure if this was a mistake or they just didn't come with this set.
nameivom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2020, 03:49 AM   #46
Thorondor_33
Blue Falcon

Quote:
Originally Posted by nameivom View Post
Both my Ant Man and Wasp did not but there is a spot for the black base in each of the foam boxes. Not sure if this was a mistake or they just didn't come with this set.
Yes I did notice the spot in the foam packaging for the black base. Not a big deal to me either way, I don't display them from the other Marvel statues I have.
Thorondor_33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2020, 04:13 AM   #47
Phoenixblazes
Hawkman

It’s not exactly news but most if not all of the newer BDS MCU statues haven’t come with the plan black bases for almost a year now.
Phoenixblazes is online now   Reply With Quote