Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 01-18-2021, 08:03 PM   #591
Shoo
The Enchantress

Found it:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Python View Post
So, here's some excellent news. it looks like we will be getting this in 1/3 also!! Here's a quote of a short conversation on Instagram...

Comment:

"there's a big difference between 1/3 and 1/2. The former is manageable for more people while still being very large. And there is nowhere else to go for this kind of awesomeness, only Prime 1. It would be nice if they made this in both scales to please everybody."

Reply from Prime 1 official:

"we will but later "
Shoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2021, 08:28 PM   #592
Dundee
Hydra

Quote:
Originally Posted by FDS View Post
The prime 1 is slightly taller in height, excluding the base’s. Approximately, prime 1, from feet to skull is about 94cm and the HCG is around 90cm. I got the HGC on a slightly higher table, and the base of that is thick, and it just about comes level to the Prime 1. I much prefer the overall look and posture of the Prime 1 endo. The HCG just looks a bit too stiff in comparison. Still like it, but love the Prime 1 version.
If Prime 1 stood straight, it'd probably hit the 96cm mark. Double that is 192cm so over scaled. HCG would be around 180cm so a little underscaled. Endos are around 183-185cm. Seems like only the life size endos are scaled correctly.

Agree one has a very static pose, can only be photographed in certain angles and the other has a dynamic pose and movable head and arms which makes for a lot of different poses for shots.
Dundee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2021, 08:35 PM   #593
Dundee
Hydra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade3327 View Post
Was there ever talk of a 1/3?

Hope they base it on T2. Would love to see some guns included with an Endo again.
They don't have the T2 licence. Honestly if 1/3 is tackled, I would rather a company like Queen Studios give it a go. Prime 1 is pretty inconsistent these days.

Absolute must for T2 endo to have at least an articulated head and poseable arms. But I'm with Shoo, get the feeling there won't be an endo for a while.
Old 01-18-2021, 09:34 PM   #594
samhain81
The Masters of Evil

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukshaun View Post
Another day, and another photo is posted to Facebook
Other stupid looking Terminator. That face! those eye's!
He looks so desparate ..feeeed me!
This one appears to have a masive left hand.

Ya want sum do ya?!
samhain81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2021, 03:04 PM   #595
ENDO
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dundee View Post
They don't have the T2 licence. Honestly if 1/3 is tackled, I would rather a company like Queen Studios give it a go. Prime 1 is pretty inconsistent these days.

Absolute must for T2 endo to have at least an articulated head and poseable arms. But I'm with Shoo, get the feeling there won't be an endo for a while.
I don't see why a statue needs articulated head and arms. Its not a figure.
ENDO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2021, 04:26 PM   #596
Dundee
Hydra

Quote:
Originally Posted by ENDO View Post
I don't see why a statue needs articulated head and arms. Its not a figure.
Why not? There not mutually exclusive events in the statue collectible world. It's been done in the past and present. When I hear people say it's a statue not a figure, yes that is correct in the literal sense, but to me it is just a lazy way to defend a collectible. Do statues have lights? Do statues have poseable eyes? Do statues have motors? Do statues have swappable arms and parts? Some do and some don't. It may not be a must for all collectors but tell me which collector wouldn't mind having some of these options for certain types of statues such as an endo?

Statues, like T-rex, Superman, Alita, the Nun (wouldn't that be creepy) wouldn't need them as much, their poses are distinct enough. Others have swappable heads and arms which also negates this need e.g transformers, aliens, predator, and again the Nun.

But T2 endo is a different story. I'm not talking about finger articulation and forearms, I'm talking about the arm having the feature to be poseable. It's holding a gun so, personally for me, I would want that to have the ability (like hcg bust or sideshow version 2) to be able to move the arms so the rifles facing down, straight or up. Articulated head not going to explain why that's needed, it's almost a sin not to have this feature on endos, almost comparable to an endo not having light up eyes. A movable endo head is absolutely menacing.

After a string of crappy endos released over the past decade it's been a major relief to get a good one from Prime 1. So I for one hope the next release can improve on the past. The endo needs more love from these companies and fans want good endos. Imagine it got the same treatment as the Ledger jokers, our expectations would even be greater than what I've pointed out. Probably collectors would be demanding the red eye light up feature to be able to contract and expand, something that no company has ever attempted, but it could be done, and I ain't going to bet fans wouldn't want such a killer feature.
Old 01-21-2021, 01:42 AM   #597
Starscream77
Justice League

funny how a piece can go from your most anticipated to being on your not even gonna order it list. for 2g's this just doesn't cut the mustard in the quality dept.
Prime 1 doesn't miss often but I feel this was one of those times. I'll only start to worry about their quality when they start to screw up their transformers and batman lines, their bread and butter.
Starscream77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2021, 04:58 AM   #598
FDS
Justice League

In pictuers it looks weird, something up with the face, but that is on camera angle and the postion of the head. You really gotta see this in person. When I first so some pics even I was like oh my god, but seeing it in person, im like wow.
FDS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2021, 07:19 AM   #599
Dundee
Hydra

Quote:
Originally Posted by FDS View Post
In pictuers it looks weird, something up with the face, but that is on camera angle and the postion of the head. You really gotta see this in person. When I first so some pics even I was like oh my god, but seeing it in person, im like wow.
Lol I bet you were super freaked out and almost backed out, I'm glad you didn't FDS!

Incredible piece, the sculpt and pose is fantastic. Very happy with mine. Normally these forum threads about statues, only a few (some times none) commentators actually end up buying. But this endo at least a dozen of us commentators have brought it, which shows the strength of this statue. The good news is just about all are us are happy with it. Best original (T1 and T2 only) endo atm. Life size genisys will be released soon, pretty sure that will be the top dog.
Old 01-21-2021, 07:32 AM   #600
Dundee
Hydra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starscream77 View Post
funny how a piece can go from your most anticipated to being on your not even gonna order it list. for 2g's this just doesn't cut the mustard in the quality dept.
Prime 1 doesn't miss often but I feel this was one of those times. I'll only start to worry about their quality when they start to screw up their transformers and batman lines, their bread and butter.
Shockwave pieces have started to collapsed at the knee joint and the huge tubes don't connect to each other on most of the statues. Optimus primes jet turbines have fallen off under their weight. Funny that both these pieces happen to be much more than 2gs.

Prime 1s joker is being overtaken by JND and QS. Prime 1s Batman portrait is a poor man version compared to QS.

Big game hunter Pred is a disappointment with the paint job.

Funny that your still not concerned yet about overall prime 1 standards falling because I am for one very concerned about there recent lack of consistency backed up by actual collectors having purchased and received those mentioned pieces. But each to their own, more power to you if your not worried about any of their transformers and dc pieces.