Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > XM Studios

Old 01-19-2021, 06:57 PM   #41
Cletus007
Fantastic Four

Quote:
Originally Posted by eternalblue02 View Post
Yep that’s what I figured...
Hi Eternal. I'm still curious if you have some news about your missing plaque. Have you heard anything yet?
Cletus007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2021, 01:58 AM   #42
eternalblue02
What's another word for Thesaurus?

I contacted Todd a couple weeks ago and he said he’d take care of it. I’m still waiting for him to ship my replacement Optimus arm. Says he has it but it’s been over a year for that and a replacement Megatron head that came in weeks ago. I’m getting a tad peeved with the constant runaround. Only piece he’s fixed for me was the XM 1/6 WW and I ended up getting 2 heads... I’m going to have to do some soul searching soon.
eternalblue02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2021, 07:59 PM   #43
Cmac
Mephisto

Quote:
I contacted Todd a couple weeks ago and he said he’d take care of it. I’m still waiting for him to ship my replacement Optimus arm. Says he has it but it’s been over a year for that and a replacement Megatron head that came in weeks ago. I’m getting a tad peeved with the constant runaround. Only piece he’s fixed for me was the XM 1/6 WW and I ended up getting 2 heads... I’m going to have to do some soul searching soon.
I've got to ask - what was wrong with the arm and the Megatron head?
Cmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2021, 11:14 PM   #44
eternalblue02

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cmac View Post
I've got to ask - what was wrong with the arm and the Megatron head?
Sure. Both Optimus and Megatron have electrical issues. Optimus’s holo arm and Megatron’s head both light up. When they are switched on with all batteries they light up like normal but when you turn them off the lights don’t go off but cut to half brightness. If I remove one battery from each piece they work as they should. I’m no wiring expert so I’m unable to figure out where to start without making it worse and if I leave the batteries in it's just going to drain them faster.

I’ve already fixed the large cable on Optimus base without making a fuss but I’m at the point where the amount I pay for these things just doesn’t justify the hassle and it’s eating away at my enjoyment of this hobby.

As for Todd. It’s been a year and three months with no arm. The first one took him six months to get and it was included with other customers replacement parts and they all got smashed. So he had to get another one. Unfortunately he told me XM has no parts so he’s going to pull one from his stock. Don’t know how that works when he's been sold out at SF for half a year and now it’s back in stock. As for the Megatron head that just took two months. Now I have to deal with this Bumblebee plaque issue. The issue I have is I talk to Todd quite frequently and have given him a ton of my own business and pushed new customers to him. I ask him to send the stuff and he forgets, he remembers and tells me they will go out and he forgets. I’m very patient and he’s a great guy but it’s starting to annoy me. I know we all go through this as it’s part of the hobby and there’s extenuating circumstances at the moment but somethings got to give.
Old 01-21-2021, 09:27 AM   #45
Cmac
Mephisto

Quote:
Sure. Both Optimus and Megatron have electrical issues. Optimus’s holo arm and Megatron’s head both light up. When they are switched on with all batteries they light up like normal but when you turn them off the lights don’t go off but cut to half brightness. If I remove one battery from each piece they work as they should. I’m no wiring expert so I’m unable to figure out where to start without making it worse and if I leave the batteries in it's just going to drain them faster.

I’ve already fixed the large cable on Optimus base without making a fuss but I’m at the point where the amount I pay for these things just doesn’t justify the hassle and it’s eating away at my enjoyment of this hobby.
I asked as I was wondering if it was a statue or electrical issue. The electronics is the first thing I checked on mine. If the statues weren't so nice, I would've skipped them as I do not like light up features. The electronics in statues always seem subpar no matter what company produces them and I don't like the idea of it wearing out over time.
Cmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2021, 10:49 AM   #46
eternalblue02

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cmac View Post
I asked as I was wondering if it was a statue or electrical issue. The electronics is the first thing I checked on mine. If the statues weren't so nice, I would've skipped them as I do not like light up features. The electronics in statues always seem subpar no matter what company produces them and I don't like the idea of it wearing out over time.
I’m starting to see why everyone complains about the light up features. The only time I ever turn them on is when guests are over and it’s a pain having to flip tons of little switches on and off. I will say my Prime 1 pieces have had the best lights and I’ve had no issues with them so far.