Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Tweeterhead

Old 01-07-2021, 11:37 PM   #21
mmk123
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.

I agree with some of the above comments. If some of these characters are going to be done they need to be done in their classic form from the late 70's/early 80's.
mmk123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2021, 01:35 AM   #22
saberhagen
What's another word for Thesaurus?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmk123 View Post
I agree with some of the above comments. If some of these characters are going to be done they need to be done in their classic form from the late 70's/early 80's.
I'm not asking for a modern Cyborg at all, just saying I like that look better.

I really don't see how a 70's Cyborg does anything for Tweeterhead but put them in the red. If Raven rumors are true, that'll be 4 out of the 7, but there's zero guarantee they finish the line. Deathstroke seems like a much smarter choice than any of the remaining male team members.
saberhagen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2021, 02:05 AM   #23
mmk123
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by saberhagen View Post
I'm not asking for a modern Cyborg at all, just saying I like that look better.

I really don't see how a 70's Cyborg does anything for Tweeterhead but put them in the red. If Raven rumors are true, that'll be 4 out of the 7, but there's zero guarantee they finish the line. Deathstroke seems like a much smarter choice than any of the remaining male team members.
I do agree with you about Deathstroke being a smarter choice since he seems to be more in demand (at least on this message board) than Cyborg does.

I think alot of it has to do with the completist in many people that they would like the entire New Teen Titans original line up to display. We have 3 of them so far and hopefully the other 4 will be produced. However, I only have Robin and Wonder Girl and would probably get Raven and am still on the fence about Starfire and Kid Flash but I do not know if I would want to get Changeling or Cyborg. I do like both of those characters but not enough to spend $250 on a statue for them.
mmk123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2021, 03:08 AM   #24
saberhagen

Quote:
I do agree with you about Deathstroke being a smarter choice since he seems to be more in demand (at least on this message board) than Cyborg does.

I think alot of it has to do with the completist in many people that they would like the entire New Teen Titans original line up to display. We have 3 of them so far and hopefully the other 4 will be produced. However, I only have Robin and Wonder Girl and would probably get Raven and am still on the fence about Starfire and Kid Flash but I do not know if I would want to get Changeling or Cyborg. I do like both of those characters but not enough to spend $250 on a statue for them.
Completionist urge is strong, but would the sales be good enough for the 3 remaining guys in sequence over a few years? Not convinced at all it would be worth it. Completionism seems like it would be the strongest pull rather than character popularity, but even that would need all the characters out. Small ES/sellout nature makes getting them all even more complicated.
saberhagen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2021, 03:29 AM   #25
FJC
Midnighter

Quote:
80's Perez costumes FTW!
FJC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2021, 11:41 AM   #26
Augen
Metal Men

Starfire was made perfectly so I hope we see a Raven in a couple years to go with her.
Augen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2021, 09:55 PM   #27
V4XCollect
What happens if you get scared half to death twice?

+1 for Titans... especially Raven
V4XCollect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2021, 10:56 AM   #28
Ralek
Fantastic Four

I bought Starfire and Donna Troy in anticipation of a Teen Titans set, so I hope they stick with it. I'd definitely pick up the rest of the line and yeah, classic Perez'style costumes are a must to match the rest of the line.

Also hope we will see Nightwing, as I skipped Robin since I just cannot stomach those shorts of his on a pretty much grown men.

I think Deathstroke would be cool, but I dunno, due to space constraints it would probably be a pass for me and I generally do not do villains, although that Darkseid had me tempted once :-)

I think the Teen Titans are still popular enough to carry the line, even the 'dudes', though putting the girls out first makes sense, those are just no-brainers and will trigger the collectors OCD for completion in enough folks, myself included to make the rest economically viable for sure - if done well of course, but Tweeterhead seems pretty consistent on that front.

Hell, I picked up the Batgirl EX on a whim without having had any plan to do so, because she just looked ... absolutely perfect really, nothing else to say about it :-) I might just smuggle her next to the Titans somewhere and nobody will notice she is not strictly part of the team, so to speak - Babs' just my girl though :-)
Ralek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2021, 03:19 PM   #29
AlexLothos

Quote:
Originally Posted by saberhagen View Post
Completionist urge is strong, but would the sales be good enough for the 3 remaining guys in sequence over a few years? Not convinced at all it would be worth it. Completionism seems like it would be the strongest pull rather than character popularity, but even that would need all the characters out. Small ES/sellout nature makes getting them all even more complicated.
I can usually avoid the completionist urges, but the TT are one of my top fave comic teams/characters. Having a good Raven would pull me towards picking up a Cyborg and Changeling/Beast Boy.

I never cared for the red Donna suit and always preferred her in black, but I ended up getting the piece anyway. I could see myself doing the same for an original Perez designed Cyborg. If he is secured, I would have to get a Gar to finish the team.
AlexLothos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2021, 11:52 PM   #30
SludgesicleMan
Mephisto

We need classic Perez style Raven, Nightwing, Changeling, Cyborg & Deathstroke. Kid Flash would be great but I just don't see him selling like the others. The Titans are one of the most popular teams in all of comics. If Chad makes an outstanding Raven and OG Nightwing I don't see why people wouldn't just buy the remaining characters.
SludgesicleMan is offline   Reply With Quote