Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 04-23-2024, 06:22 PM   #71
DiscoCougar
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Capcom's business model is to force a sequel every 5-6 years. Fans all thought (still think) that Street Fighter 4 was arguably the best release of the franchise. But Capcom pushed for SF5 to be made in the name of the tournament scene that was just beginning to boom into mainstream media (Evo being in a Vegas coliseum became a thing to pay attention to). But that game was made for tournament players, and was/is really hard for casuals to pick up and play. It even took almost all of the 5 years worth of DLC patches and balances to make it something that non-pros could finally enjoy. But then Capcom, again, forced SF6 to be made because the hype of "a new Street Fighter game" was creeping up while the DLC money they made was coming to an end. So, they started building a new fighting system, but it had to be remade because it wasn't easy enough for casual players to figure out. Capcom then hired a new overseer to take over, and kinda remade everything they already had from scratch.

But nonetheless... What Capcom mostly learned from dropping SF4 for SF5 was that they made a lot of money through basic DLC - characters, levels, and costume packs - and that's why each main game entry into the franchise creates tons of new looks for the classic characters. So, new costumes kinda don't matter, even if they are the defaults, and it's mostly because fans still buy the original designs for very new game anyways. That's why this SF6 Cammy costume, let alone all the potential default SF6 costumes, isn't meant to last. SF7 is definitely going to come in another 5-7 years depending on how the pro-tournament scene plays out, and SF7 is definitely going to give us new costumes all designed and based on whatever the ethics department of Capcom has set up for western media. But one thing that's for sure is that every Street Fighter release has provided all the classic costumes through DLC because that's what the majority of fans all recognize and want. So, for Prime 1 to give the small group of Street Fighter statue collectors this specific SF6 design instead of the classic look is just an odd business choice, imo. Even PCS would release three statues at a time with three different looks to satisfy all collector's needs (current, classic, alpha).
DiscoCougar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2024, 06:45 PM   #72
VILE GUILE
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

I've been playing Street Fighter since I was a kid in the arcades, but passed on SF6. Sadly most AAA developers are no longer aloud to create their games with the same artistic visions they intended, due to ESG. That's why AAA games for the 1st time in decades is taking a severe nosedive. The majority of gamers don't want what they're selling. Independent developers is where it's at these days. They usually don't have the pressures of consultant companies, (sweet baby inc.) demanding how to make their games.
VILE GUILE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2024, 08:11 PM   #73
God
Frackin!

Quote:
Originally Posted by VILE GUILE View Post
I've been playing Street Fighter since I was a kid in the arcades, but passed on SF6. Sadly most AAA developers are no longer aloud to create their games with the same artistic visions they intended, due to ESG. That's why AAA games for the 1st time in decades is taking a severe nosedive. The majority of gamers don't want what they're selling. Independent developers is where it's at these days. They usually don't have the pressures of consultant companies, (sweet baby inc.) demanding how to make their games.
I’d recommend at least trying the demo for SF6 or secondhand from someone else that has it to try more characters. The game is great fun once you get the systems down. I’ve played every Street Fighter game and still play some of the older ones from time to time, but I think they crafted something special with SF6.

On top of that, SF6 probably has the most fan service out of any Street Fighter game. I don’t think I’ve seen any developer gone to the extent of physics in a fighting game like they have. I know people are familiar with the old games, but give the new ones a try at least.
God is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2024, 09:17 PM   #74
markuz30
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by No1 View Post
Yeah, even Chun Li I was not a big fan, I think Prime 1 doesn't match with Street Fighter, they don't understand the essence of the characters, I'll prefer PCS over Prime on this particular line, Prime 1 is all about carnival pieces, costing the double of other statues from the same scale.
That energy swirl on Chun-Li's arm is what stopped me from ordering her. It's such an eyesore. They should have added a regular arm without it.
markuz30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2024, 10:19 PM   #75
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by markuz30 View Post
That energy swirl on Chun-Li's arm is what stopped me from ordering her. It's such an eyesore. They should have added a regular arm without it.
Totally agree. It kind of ruined the piece IMO.
NorthernLadMSP is offline   Reply With Quote