Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > XM Studios

Old 07-04-2020, 05:45 AM   #881
abubakarhimself
Justice League

Quote:
Originally Posted by XMAN View Post
I feel Gemint made some valid points Im personally unable to make a judgment because I don’t have both of them... I purchased the XM studios and I’m very happy with it but I find things always look different in person I do like the head sculpts on the side show piece ...... They do have or seem to have that really accurate comic translation....anyway if you don’t have a cyclops and you want to add one to your collection I think you’ll be good either way.....But you should buy the one you like the most not which one people say is better one thing for sure this new Side show version is a vast improvement from the last one they made which I felt was a disaster and I returned it... but that’s my own personal opinion.
I don't own either one too. But only because I'm irrational and would prefer a version sans briefs.
abubakarhimself is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2020, 10:34 AM   #882
built2shred
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by abubakarhimself View Post
I don't own either one too. But only because I'm irrational and would prefer a version sans briefs.
The more I keep looking at mine, that's the one thing that annoys me is his yellow diaper...

I'm surprised XM didn't ditch it as they always tweak the outfits from the comics... It's the one thing I do like about the Rebirth 1:6 DC line is that the costumes look modern...
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2020, 09:38 AM   #883
GrumpyBear
Scarlet Witch

GrumpyBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2020, 01:04 AM   #884
PCS_Sagat_Buyer
Birdman

https://youtu.be/K2mncSehKeo

Funny...when Sideshow isn't in your pocket and you do a comparison video, XM wins in every category lol
PCS_Sagat_Buyer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2020, 01:10 AM   #885
pau123
Sailor Moon

Its Gem mint opinion. What's the big fuss
pau123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2020, 10:00 AM   #886
abubakarhimself
Justice League

Quote:
Originally Posted by PCS_Sagat_Buyer View Post

Funny...when Sideshow isn't in your pocket and you do a comparison video, XM wins in every category lol
I personally prefer sideshows paint applications but feel that XM did a better job with everything else.
abubakarhimself is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2020, 12:12 PM   #887
Remember Me?
Hellfire Club

Overall, I like XM more. There are a few things SS Cyclops I like more\did better than XM's.
Remember Me? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2020, 12:56 PM   #888
maximus_73
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PCS_Sagat_Buyer View Post

Here is the difference. Do you want to get a fine art statue or a oversize Marvel Legends?
maximus_73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2020, 02:20 PM   #889
moyiori
Statue Forum MacDaddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by abubakarhimself View Post
It's fine, won't be the last cyclops. If you don't mind mixing costume era's i'm sure someone will making one of the era's without. Iron kite studios is doing the Jean in Green/white costume, they'll likely do a companion with young cyclops.

Quote:
Originally Posted by built2shred View Post
The more I keep looking at mine, that's the one thing that annoys me is his yellow diaper...

I'm surprised XM didn't ditch it as they always tweak the outfits from the comics... It's the one thing I do like about the Rebirth 1:6 DC line is that the costumes look modern...
Ya the diaper looks better on the SS one, and would have given it a more modern look with none on the XM version. But you know another large segment would have not bought it just because of no diaper included.
moyiori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2020, 08:23 PM   #890
built2shred
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by moyiori View Post
It's fine, won't be the last cyclops. If you don't mind mixing costume era's i'm sure someone will making one of the era's without. Iron kite studios is doing the Jean in Green/white costume, they'll likely do a companion with young cyclops.

Ya the diaper looks better on the SS one, and would have given it a more modern look with none on the XM version. But you know another large segment would have not bought it just because of no diaper included.
Maybe but SS did ditch the diaper on Wolverine and it's been a pretty big success for SS, XM also ditched the diaper on Magneto (throne one) and it's one of the more popular statues out there…

I have a feeling that collectors who require 100% comic accuracy are in the minority, there just more vocal than others so it seems like there are more of them
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote