Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Hot Toys

Old 06-23-2012, 02:05 AM   #101
solidsnake 36
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

This favors Heath Ledger all the way, I have the Bank Robber joker and will glady add this one too!! Great sculpt, very acurate to the laughing head. This ones gonna be in demand!.....So Put a Smiiiiiiiiile on that Face!!!
solidsnake 36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 02:57 AM   #102
gilesw
I took an IQ test and the results were negative.

What to keep then?

Once I started getting the DXs, I started selling the original issue Batmans (both BB and TDK) and Joker (MMS68).

I feel like the DX2.0 kind of has the Bank Robber Joker covered.

The DX1.0 is basically two figures and manages to have one neutral head. The two in the DX2.0 are although great sculpts, a bit expressive for my liking.

I've already pre-ordered the DX2.0 and I'll likely sell the Bank Robber Joker. The question is whether to keep the DX1.0.
gilesw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 02:57 AM   #103
gilesw
I took an IQ test and the results were negative.

What to keep then?

Once I started getting the DXs, I started selling the original issue Batmans (both BB and TDK) and Joker (MMS68).

I feel like the DX2.0 kind of has the Bank Robber Joker covered.

The DX1.0 is basically two figures and manages to have one neutral head. The two in the DX2.0 are although great sculpts, are a bit expressive for my liking.

I've already pre-ordered the DX2.0 and I'll likely sell the Bank Robber Joker. The question is whether to keep the DX1.0.
gilesw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 07:02 AM   #104
Crazy 88
I am da law!

All the more reasons to get DX Joker 2.0.

"Me... I was right here. Who do you leave him with?"

"You have nothing, nothing to threaten me with. Nothing to do... with all your strength."

Crazy 88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 09:57 AM   #105
nfl6771
A day without sunshine is like... night.

This looks awesome easy buy
nfl6771 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 10:11 AM   #106
Lionore
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

I had missed the DX1. But got the dx02 Batman,
No way i am gonna miss this Joker, i was counting on another release.!! Already per-ordered it
Lionore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 10:45 AM   #107
Crazy 88
I am da law!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vracula View Post
Your just a EB wh04r now.Lol.

Cant argue though that joker sneak is gonna push me over the edge to break my no dolly rule, coz i dont think ss can match it in statue form for areasonable price. An all the joints will be covered anyways so its a win win for me.
It's the right time for you to jump in! Both HT and Enterbay have done fantastic work of late. HT- Loki, Black Widow, Jack Nicholson Joker, Keaton Batman,Christopher Reeves Superman and DX Jack Sparrow. For Enterbay, we have Che Guevara, the 2 Scarface, the upcoming MIB and the 1/4 scale Rambo. Not forgetting they are coming up with some Basketball figures.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cap70 View Post
I think they do. They will be releasing some other 1/4 figures too, but "when" is the question.
I hope both companies keep producing different 1/4 stuff, though. This way people will have different/more characters to choose and not the same thing being done over and over by both of them.
If HT keep redoing their 1/4 stuff like they do with their 1/6 figures(ver. 1, 2, 3), they will be shooting themselves in the foot, so they better get it right in their first try.
The only crap senseless rehash from HT IMO are the Iroman Mark IV and VII. But regardless of how many rehash, people still buy them. For Joker, they improved on things and throw in new accessories. But I agree with what you say, HT should not make this a habit.
Crazy 88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 10:51 AM   #108
demonhunter
Kingpin

Pic from toysdaily.com

They won't ever stop doing "releases"/improved versions of previous products as long as lots of people keep buying them.

This photo was posted by a collector who had to endure a 2 hours queue at Hong Kong retail store Toy Hunters to preorder this new Joker.

He also said the queue was so long it went up to the 5th and 6th floor of the building.
demonhunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 11:08 AM   #109
dark_spidey
What happens if you get scared half to death twice?

Why bother spending hours in a queue when you can preorder it online?
dark_spidey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 11:09 AM   #110
snappahead
Producer
Producer

Are HT figures harder to get in HK? I don't even bother pre ordering them anymore. They produce about a billion of them these days.
snappahead is offline   Reply With Quote