Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 09-08-2022, 09:21 PM   #151
Gruson
Suicide Squad

Exactly as I expected?it sucked. Wayyyy too much dumb comedy that isn?t funny. No suspense or drama at all.
Worse than 3 and that was bad. Please God don?t let Taika Waitata make movie again.

Oh well, maybe one day we will get a serious Thor movie again. Loved part 1 and thought part 2 was pretty good too.
Gruson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2022, 10:57 AM   #152
candyrocket786
Suicide Squad

I couldn't even finish the movie and the CGI on Hemsworth's costume was increasingly distracting. Honestly, they should've just made the film in B&W.
candyrocket786 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2022, 11:39 AM   #153
Asgard
Deadman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gruson View Post
Oh well, maybe one day we will get a serious Thor movie again. Loved part 1 and thought part 2 was pretty good too.
I hope so too.
Asgard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2022, 11:46 AM   #154
Mister H
Green Goblin

I'd like to see a movie about the mythological Thor. Red hair, belt of strength all that stuff. I've come to terms with the fact that I won't live to see a good comic Thor movie.
Mister H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2022, 01:11 PM   #155
The Dark Knight
Hellfire Club

I have never cared for comic book Thor. I have never read his book. I only read a Loki mini once, i got it because of Esad Ribic art.

I was pleasantly surprised that how much i liked the first film. I also liked the second film (which the general audiance hated) and the third film and the fourth film. lol Both serious and silly Thor were fun to see on big screen. I have no complain. (: I really liked the Tom Hiddleston Loki as well. The Thor films really made Loki shine.
The Dark Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2022, 04:03 PM   #156
wktf
Columnist Thunder Mod
Super Moderator

Loved the first Thor movie, felt the second was a grey and dull slog, did not like the buffoonery of the third but really did like the themes of family, loss and grief. Haven’t seen the fourth but planning to watch on Disney+ and hoping against the reviews that I’ll like it. I’m an enormous fan of the Marvel Comics version of Thor, have been reading him since the 1960s and really wish he’d be handled properly in these movies. So far, the first version came the closest.
wktf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2022, 04:37 PM   #157
Force of Nature
Marshal Law

I have just watched Thor: Love and Thunder on Disney+ and I must say that I have really enjoyed myself.
Sure, Thor did act a bit goofy sometimes and you have to get used to the screaming goats but I loved seeing Lady Thor in action,
I was touched by the love story between Jane and Thor including the bittersweet ending I and was intrigued by Gorr.
I was also surprised to find out what, or better yet who, Love and Thunder exactly were and hope we will get to see more of this dynamic duo.

And of course I was thrilled with excitement to see Thor's next opponent revealed during the bonus scene... talk about a clash of giants!

All in all I had a great time watching the movie and I am very much looking forward to Thor 5 already!

Rainer
Force of Nature is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2022, 11:20 PM   #158
wktf
Columnist Thunder Mod
Super Moderator

Just watched Thor: Love & Thunder and, have to say, meh at best.
wktf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2022, 01:46 PM   #159
Wizard
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Only thing I enjoyed without reservation was the GnR soundtrack.
Wizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2022, 09:23 PM   #160
protector2814
Phoenix

Loved it! - Sure, it's not the comic book exact-o version of Thor. That being said, I've come to grips with the MCU veering L or R of the original source material & I've made my peace. The God Butcher Arc in Thor' comics was, imo, one of the very best modern arcs in Marvel Comics & it did eventually tie in with the Jane Foster as Thor arc too. It all was presented to us in an unique way which I appreciated.
This movie, for me, was a superb blend of comedy & tragedy. I really like Taika Waititi as a Director & get his humor & what he does with it. So what?! It's a bit zany .... & I like that. I was never bored. The cast was amazing! I'll admit I even choked up at times. Please come back Chris Hemsorth, please come back at least one more time .... to meet Hercules (as semi-promised). P.S - I even liked all the kid' plot. Why not give the children in the audience a "hook" to make them feel included. My kids would have beamed at this twist if they were little.
protector2814 is offline   Reply With Quote