Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 07-23-2019, 12:22 PM   #31
JoeWorf
The Herculoids

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedi_don View Post
But she didn’t look like Jane Foster either. She was taller, larger and more muscular. So it was more than a costume change for the character. Add Jane’s illness on-top of it. That’s why I think they can go the CGI approach. I don’t care how much Portman may try to bulk up, she’s still a tiny 5’ 3”. Or they can just go the “it’s space magic” route.
She also went from brunette to blonde when she changed. I don't see the big deal. With all the behind-the-scenes Hollywood magic since the beginning and now (lifts, walking in trenches, body doubles, stunt people, camera angles, CGI, etc.) does it really matter? As long as the person can act, use all the trickery they require... it's all an illusion.
For the record....

Donald Blake (comics) - 5’9”
Thor (male/comics) - 6’6”
Chris Hemsworth – 6’3”

Jane Foster (comics) -5’7”
Thor (female/comics) - 5’9”
Natalie Portman – 5’3”

Black Widow (comics) - 5'7"
Scarlett Johansson - 5'3"

Wonder Woman (comics) - 6’0”
Gal Gadot - 5’10”

Wolverine (comics) – 5’3”
Hugh Jackman – 6’3”

Jack Reacher (books) – 6’5”
Tom Cruise – 5’7” (probably being generous)

Superman (comics) – 6’3”
Henry Cavill – 6’1”

Batman (comics) - 6’0”
Ben Affleck – 6’4”

Tony Stark (comics) - 6’1”
Robert Downey jr -5’9” (likely with lifts, some say more like 5’7”)

Thanos (comics) - 6’7”
Cable (comics) – 6’8”
Jonah Hex (comics) -5'11"
Josh Brolin – 5’10”

Hal Jordan (comics) - 6'2"
Deadpool (comics) - 6'2"
Ryan Reynolds- 6'2" SPOT-ON !!
JoeWorf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2019, 08:00 PM   #32
Demona
Martian Manhunter

I don’t think this will be a big issue because many people didn’t read the comics and think this is a stunt to get in more female viewers (as if smoking hot CH isn’t enough lol).

I think putting Portman in the suit, maybe changing hair color to give the hint that it truly changes her, and shoot at smart angles. It’s not like we can get Brienne of Tarth to be the She Thor.

What I’m curious of is if the God Butcher is mentioned and Thor becomes unworthy OR if they just let her wield the hammer because he gets broken?
Demona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2019, 09:52 PM   #33
Josh-a-tron
"Revenge is a Dish Best Served Cold"
Sculptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demona View Post
I don’t think this will be a big issue because many people didn’t read the comics and think this is a stunt to get in more female viewers (as if smoking hit CH isn’t enough lol).

I think putting Portman in the suit, maybe changing hair color to give the hint that it truly changes her, and shoot at smart angles. It’s not like we can get Brienne of Tarth to be the She Thor.

What I’m curious of is if the God Butcher is mentioned and Thor becomes unworthy OR if they mist let her wield the hammer because he gets broken?
I'm actually completely hoping for the introduction of Gorr in this film.
Josh-a-tron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2019, 02:45 PM   #34
Augen
Metal Men

https://www.newsarama.com/46303-jaim...d-thunder.html

Alexander wants to be back, and one thing get me to show up for Thor 4 would be my Sif returning. Long shot, but who knows?
Augen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2019, 07:10 PM   #35
Mister H
Gen 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Augen View Post

Alexander wants to be back, and one thing get me to show up for Thor 4 would be my Sif returning. Long shot, but who knows?
They should just make a Sif movie. I’d like to see that.
Mister H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2019, 08:27 PM   #36
Josh-a-tron
"Revenge is a Dish Best Served Cold"
Sculptor

Quote:

That could be the reason for Thor returning so quickly from his romp in Space with the Guardians. He finds Sif beaten half to death (Introduction of Gorr) and returns her to New Asgard.

However Thor leaves again, on his journey of self discovery, and Valkyrie and Sif decide that there needs to be a Thor on earth so they travel to Nidavellir to have Eitri forge a new Hammer.

Jane finding out she's sick travels to New Asgard to find Thor, arriving only to find out he isn't there. Once the new hammer is forged it flies away from the Forge, with Sif and Valkyrie following it only to find out it lands on earth near New Asgard. All of the Asgardians try to pull it but they are unable. Jane seeing the Hammer, reminding her of Thor, touches it and Blam! She Becomes Thor...

Or maybe I've had too much caffine today.
Josh-a-tron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2019, 09:09 PM   #37
Augen
Metal Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister H View Post
They should just make a Sif movie. I’d like to see that.
I'd see that several times and buy all the statues.
Old 07-31-2019, 09:11 PM   #38
Augen
Metal Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh-a-tron View Post
That could be the reason for Thor returning so quickly from his romp in Space with the Guardians. He finds Sif beaten half to death (Introduction of Gorr) and returns her to New Asgard.

However Thor leaves again, on his journey of self discovery, and Valkyrie and Sif decide that there needs to be a Thor on earth so they travel to Nidavellir to have Eitri forge a new Hammer.

Jane finding out she's sick travels to New Asgard to find Thor, arriving only to find out he isn't there. Once the new hammer is forged it flies away from the Forge, with Sif and Valkyrie following it only to find out it lands on earth near New Asgard. All of the Asgardians try to pull it but they are unable. Jane seeing the Hammer, reminding her of Thor, touches it and Blam! She Becomes Thor...

Or maybe I've had too much caffine today.
If they can balance the tone better I'd be fine with that. Also, if they'd acknowledge Hogun, Fandrel, and Volstagg it would be nice.
Old 07-31-2019, 11:04 PM   #39
wktf
Columnist Thunder Mod
Super Moderator

Quote:
If they can balance the tone better I'd be fine with that. Also, if they'd acknowledge Hogun, Fandrel, and Volstagg it would be nice.
Unfortunately, Hela killed the Warriors Three in Ragnarok.
wktf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2019, 11:13 PM   #40
Augen
Metal Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by wktf View Post
Unfortunately, Hela killed the Warriors Three in Ragnarok.
I know that. They didn't mention them ever again was my point. They should have some discussion of the loss. One of my biggest issues with Ragnarok.