Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > XM Studios

Old 12-28-2015, 08:48 PM   #11
Thor57
Teen Titans

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlizAbef View Post
Good point dude. There was at least one Turtle to make it out before December, right? With all her QC hiccups, I can't believe Wonder Woman made the cut over Prime's TMNT which was light years ahead in quality and detail. PCS's Balrog is another one that should've been in there over Wonder Woman. Where's Thanos? He made it into hands in the middle of November. Some mod must've pulled the right strings to get Wonder Woman on the list.
Wonder Woman had a much higher ES and made it to a lot more collectors hands. And her QC on a whole wasn't near as bad as the naysayers would have one believe. Mine came out great, and I've seen a lot of pictures of others that did too. She's a great piece. I personally think Modern Batman, and XMs Thanos and Hawkeye all deserve a nod over Phoenix and Wonder Woman.
Thor57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2015, 08:56 PM   #12
AlizAbef
What's another word for Thesaurus?

Yeah but a total edition size shouldn't have anything to do with the "best" right? If that's the case, then the title of the contest should be changed from the 'best' to the 'most popular'. I agree too that Thanos, Hawkeye, Balrog, and Prime's Raphael are all better than Phoenix. I think the finished head sculpts and bird change ruined that piece...for me at least. But speaking from the best and not most popular, all those pieces listed above are ahead of Wonder Woman. Way ahead.
AlizAbef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2015, 09:29 PM   #13
Comicbookguy
Hercules

If were voting for best sculpted to finished statue minus QC and not most Qc issues, then I aready know sideshow WW will be my first vote over everything that came out this year or any past year. I loved that one more than any others. Steve is now my most exciting sculpter in the entire industry simply awesome work. I will vote for him as sculpter of the year if that's a category. WW was one of the most difficult to pull off and imo he did the best job possible. This imo is better than even my favorite XM like phoneix which didn't get me the female head sculpt I wanted. The ss female heads are so well done by these few top guys in the industry.
This is not to say my other favorites harbottle, and Mark newman. Tim miller one of my all time favorites has done no pf of any kind this year anymore so I will leave his name out. Sad but oh well.
Comicbookguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2015, 09:43 PM   #14
nbr3bagshotrow
curmudgeon Mod
Super Moderator

Quote:
Good point dude. There was at least one Turtle to make it out before December, right? With all her QC hiccups, I can't believe Wonder Woman made the cut over Prime's TMNT which was light years ahead in quality and detail. PCS's Balrog is another one that should've been in there over Wonder Woman. Where's Thanos? He made it into hands in the middle of November. Some mod must've pulled the right strings to get Wonder Woman on the list.
What an ass.
Old 12-28-2015, 09:43 PM   #15
AlizAbef

Quote:
Originally Posted by nbr3bagshotrow View Post
What an ass.
And there he is.
Old 12-28-2015, 09:45 PM   #16
Bmutha
I like to make what's yours mine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by built2shred View Post
Kind of surprised that the 1/4 scale Prime 1 Turtles didn't get a nod, the detail and QC on them is second to none...
Only Raphael made it out before the cutoff...I think there was a handful of Leonardo's released, but Leo, Mikey, and Donnie will be considered for 2016.
Bmutha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2015, 09:57 PM   #17
Bmutha
I like to make what's yours mine.

Quote:
The list of candidates are not unanimous decisions. There are some that I disagree with as well, but that's part of the fun in discussing.

If you want to vote for Thanos, Balrog, or Raphael, then you have the option to do so (there will be an "other" voting option).
Bmutha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2015, 10:04 PM   #18
AlizAbef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmutha View Post
If you want to vote for Thanos, Balrog, or Raphael, then you have the option to do so (there will be an "other" voting option).
Thank you B, and thanks for not calling me an ass.
Old 12-28-2015, 10:09 PM   #19
Spidey976
If you saw a heat wave, would you wave back?

Quote:
Thank you B, and thanks for not calling me an ass.
Accusing a mod of trying to rig a contest isn't exactly cool either though. Leave the last sentence out of your comment and it was all totally above board the you opened up with an attack that wasn't needed.
Spidey976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2015, 10:13 PM   #20
AlizAbef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spidey976 View Post
Accusing a mod of trying to rig a contest isn't exactly cool either though.
Haha I'm not saying he rigged it, but I might be saying that with his age and collecting experience, he might've used a Jedi mind trick or two.