Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Chronicle Collectibles

Old 06-29-2017, 06:41 AM   #111
thedarkknight77
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobfrog View Post
So if I'm understanding this right the piece shown in the video and the marketing images are not what it is going to look like once produced because it was painted brighter than it should be so that when Toynami get it and try to replicate the paint job they won't go as dark as they did for the 1:1 piece?

Maybe its me but this seems like a slightly backward way around to do things. Wouldn't it give customers more confidence to have had Toynami produce a proto painted version and show that to people cos that's what they'll actually end up getting?

And call me cynical but the original piece that was shown in the video looks a lot darker than the 1:2 scale shown (by quite a long way). I'd be interested to see a picture of them being held up side by side under the same lighting.

Again, great piece but too many questions for me to lay down so much cash.
If you have ever painted anything with high quality copper paints, you would know that it is very difficult to shoot. Essentially any lightning drastically enhances the brightness of the copper.......The object you are shooting becomes the "sun". I am not worried at all and when I originally saw the images, I knew exactly what was going on. Even for the best photographer, it becomes a challenge to shoot the piece, capture the detail, all while ensuring the color is accurate in normal room or studio lighting. They clearly focused on the detail, which I think was a mistake. I am sure Paul will release more photos in the future.
thedarkknight77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2017, 07:18 AM   #112
One Above All
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

we need to see the 1:2 Ra busts
One Above All is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2017, 01:01 PM   #113
Chronicle CS
Chronicle Collectibles
Producer

There will be no wholesale on the 1:2 Stargate busts and we will only be producing the amount ordered.

You will only be able to get these by ordering direct.

Paul
Chronicle CS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2017, 05:30 PM   #114
Bobfrog
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedarkknight77 View Post
If you have ever painted anything with high quality copper paints, you would know that it is very difficult to shoot. Essentially any lightning drastically enhances the brightness of the copper.......The object you are shooting becomes the "sun". I am not worried at all and when I originally saw the images, I knew exactly what was going on. Even for the best photographer, it becomes a challenge to shoot the piece, capture the detail, all while ensuring the color is accurate in normal room or studio lighting. They clearly focused on the detail, which I think was a mistake. I am sure Paul will release more photos in the future.
They have released more photos though; the marketing pics and they look equally bright. The video wouldn't bother me if the marketing / product photos on their website looked more like the original prop but they don't. Paul seemed to be saying that he painted them brighter so that Toynami would get it and when they create production pieces they wouldn't go as dark as they did with the 1:1 but I could have misinterpreted that.

And like I said the original prop and the 1:2 scale in the video were filmed in the same room (granted the lighting could've been focussed on the 1:2 scale piece) but they look very different in finish to me. The question I posed still stands, I guess Paul saw it though and didn't fancy answering
Bobfrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2017, 09:23 PM   #115
Enforcer
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chronicle CS View Post
we will only be producing the amount ordered.
In that case, incredible ----ing feedback from before. Possibly the best I have ever seen.
Enforcer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2017, 04:05 AM   #116
cratercritter
The Spirit

Quote:
There will be no wholesale on the 1:2 Stargate busts and we will only be producing the amount ordered.

You will only be able to get these by ordering direct.

Paul

Hi Paul...I was told a few days ago by Popcultcha Australia that they will be ordering some 1:2 busts from you. Is that changed now? Disappointing if these are not going to be available from Popcultcha.
cratercritter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2017, 05:54 AM   #117
67L88Stingray
Doc Savage

Quote:
Originally Posted by cratercritter View Post

Hi Paul...I was told a few days ago by Popcultcha Australia that they will be ordering some 1:2 busts from you. Is that changed now? Disappointing if these are not going to be available from Popcultcha.
Might be why we saw that crazy high price from CDUK.
67L88Stingray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2017, 08:23 AM   #118
Chronicle CS
Chronicle Collectibles
Producer

This was one of my passion projects I pushed for, they aren't selling well so we'll end up only making what we sell retail from our site.

I want to make a RA at some point, but who knows at this point. Stuff has to sell to make items from the same license.

The paint matches the 1:1 and I posted a few pics on FB to show how bright the 1:1 actually is, but everyone's an expert even though we have both screen used originals in the collection.

We have a lot of new licenses to work on....
Chronicle CS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2017, 09:53 AM   #119
Enforcer
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

In fairness, the only thing people have to go on is the 1:1 Anubis that Toynami did and there were such drastic changes between the two for them both to be this perfect replica. I don't think a single potential buyer has the slightest clue beyond that 1:2 to 1:1 comparison. Oh, sure, there's going to be an actual expert or two somewhere who knows wtf is going on and will probably criticize the pieces because they aren't made out of foam.

I won't beat the dead horse that is screen accuracy vs prop accuracy. When it comes to CC they choose prop accuracy every time when they have access to props. I accepted that as soon as I found out. Some people never will.
Enforcer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2017, 11:43 AM   #120
DroidAssassin
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Quote:
This was one of my passion projects I pushed for, they aren't selling well so we'll end up only making what we sell retail from our site.

I want to make a RA at some point, but who knows at this point. Stuff has to sell to make items from the same license.

The paint matches the 1:1 and I posted a few pics on FB to show how bright the 1:1 actually is, but everyone's an expert even though we have both screen used originals in the collection.

We have a lot of new licenses to work on....
These will be a fantastic addition to any collection, especially those who couldn't for whatever reason reconcile the 1:1. I hope they are well received in a commercially viable way such that we see RA make the light of day in 1:2 scale.
DroidAssassin is offline   Reply With Quote