Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > XM Studios

Old 12-19-2018, 12:42 AM   #521
Iron Fist 14
Fantastic Four

Why is version A so expensive? He comes with no switch outs and a small base, yet he is the same price as Magneto! Magneto has a huge base, three heads, and two sets of arms.
Iron Fist 14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2018, 01:52 AM   #522
aa909
The Green Hornet

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolverineFan View Post
I mentioned Ang Seng on Facebook months ago and he said they tried and the optic blast looked toyish. I just tagged him today again on their Facebook page under their cyclops preorder about doing it for version B and have an alternate head of him screaming with the optic blast. I think it would look awesome. I’m hoping he will change his mind and add it as a second head for that portrait. If enough people tell him, maybe they will do it

sorry for the confusion, I wasn't asking for an actual plastic optical blast, just think this pose would look much better with a screaming portrait. As it is right now it looks too calm and lacks emotion IMO
aa909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2018, 02:54 AM   #523
silentwinter92
U talkin' to me?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Fist 14 View Post
Why is version A so expensive? He comes with no switch outs and a small base, yet he is the same price as Magneto! Magneto has a huge base, three heads, and two sets of arms.
To discourage you from buying it, 150 dollars/110 Usd more and you get an extra torso and base.

Prices have actually increased across the board.

Classic Ironman also had 2 torsos but he retailed at 999Sgd only. But I have a heavy suspicion they are using a better factory for this. Paint apps stood out for me for this/Brown wolverine/hulk transformation.
silentwinter92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2018, 11:52 AM   #524
GrumpyBear
Scarlet Witch

XM Studios News

Quote:
"XM OFFICIAL PO TODAY!
Cyclops 1:4 Scale Statue
Opens: 19 Dec 2018, 11pm (GMT+8)
Ends: 19 Feb 2019

----------------------------------------------

Version A Pre-Order link: XM Cyclops 1/4 Statue
Version B Pre-Order link: XM Cyclops 1/4 Statue

Cyclops Version A
Retail Price: SGD1,099
Full Payment (Additional 10% off): SGD989.10
Prestige Price: SGD989.10
Prestige Full Payment (Additional 5% off): SGD934.15

Cyclops Version B

Retail Price: SGD1,250
Full Payment (Additional 10% off): SGD1,125
Prestige Price: SGD1,125
Prestige Full Payment (Additional 5% off): SGD1,062.5

----------------------------------------------

Features:
Crafted in cold-cast porcelain, light up visor, Jim Lee inspired 90’s Cyclops costume. IMPORTANT NOTE: VERSION A edition features a forward facing Cyclops upper body stance. Collectors who also want the additional upwards facing Cyclops upper body can check out VERSION B edition. More choices for collectors at different price points!

About Cyclops:
Scott Summers was the first of two sons born to Major Christopher Summers, a test pilot for the U.S. Air Force, and his wife Katherine…read more here."

GrumpyBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2018, 11:53 AM   #525
GrumpyBear
Scarlet Witch

Old 12-19-2018, 11:54 AM   #526
GrumpyBear
Scarlet Witch

Old 12-19-2018, 02:27 PM   #527
Demona
Martian Manhunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by silentwinter92 View Post
To discourage you from buying it, 150 dollars/110 Usd more and you get an extra torso and base.

Prices have actually increased across the board.

Classic Ironman also had 2 torsos but he retailed at 999Sgd only. But I have a heavy suspicion they are using a better factory for this. Paint apps stood out for me for this/Brown wolverine/hulk transformation.
I'm not sure about using better factories, but it could be true.

As for the price difference, it doesn't seem logical. The cost for Version B makes sense, but I agree that Version A is overpriced.

There isn't that much of a difference "helping" collectors who were concerned about the cost point. With this statue it makes total sense to just buy Version B for $150 more.

And if you want to compare cost with something more recent than Magneto -- Storm was cheaper than Cyclops. And she comes with a different portrait, cape, and arms. And her base is bigger!
Demona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2018, 03:59 PM   #528
Iron Fist 14
Fantastic Four

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demona View Post
I'm not sure about using better factories, but it could be true.

As for the price difference, it doesn't seem logical. The cost for Version B makes sense, but I agree that Version A is overpriced.

There isn't that much of a difference "helping" collectors who were concerned about the cost point. With this statue it makes total sense to just buy Version B for $150 more.

And if you want to compare cost with something more recent than Magneto -- Storm was cheaper than Cyclops. And she comes with a different portrait, cape, and arms. And her base is bigger!
I think white Magneto went up for pre-order after Storm. But, comparing it to something very recent - Starlord comes with 2 heads, swap out arm, and a bigger base for the same price. They should have just done the one version with both torsos for 1099 SGD.
Iron Fist 14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2018, 04:55 PM   #529
Demona
Martian Manhunter

Yea, it's all the same concept of WTH is up with this statue's pricing. Head scratcher for sure.
Demona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2018, 04:57 PM   #530
supermetroid
Teen Titans

I love the colors on this! Is the screaming torso still leaning a bit to his right? I thought I heard they were going to make him more vertical?
supermetroid is offline   Reply With Quote