Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Comic Heroes > Comics

Old 10-27-2006, 11:33 AM   #11
Car50n
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

incredible artist on a bad book. Bendizzz wont use him to his full potential. he's one of the most versatile guys in mainstream comics, but he'll be limited to the redundant and painstakingly slow Bendizzz pacing.

I WANT MORE NEXTWAVE DAMMIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Car50n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2006, 11:37 AM   #12
wktf
Columnist Thunder Mod
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by heirtoasguard View Post
oh great, now I'm going to have to quit Ult. Spidey. couldn't they find someone better thatn him? sheesh.
This is what makes being a comics fan so interesting. I agree with Car50, Immonen's an incredibly talented artist. His work on Secret Identity and Thor: The Death of Odin was phenomenal. I think he's a huge talent. I understand what was said about a book's appeal going down after a long standing creator run ends but, remember, FF had Stan and Jack on it for over 100 issues and John Buscema stepped in and the book didn't lose a step. I hope Immonen takes this book to the next level.
wktf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2006, 07:33 PM   #13
sincity
A closed mouth gathers no foot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperEgo View Post
I like Immomen but I don't really think he is right for Ultimate Spider-man. I guess it depends on what style he uses. Personally I was hoping for Tom Grummett.
i totally agree.
you are a genius.
Grummett was great on robin and superboy two teenage charactors.
marvel is wasting Grummett on Thunderbolts.
I hope his next title is a decent one.
sincity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2006, 08:57 AM   #14
Royd
Producer
Producer

Hey Leon,

I'd wait until the first couple of issues before making any decision on whether or not to pick up the title because Stuart may very well adapt his style to something which you appreciate Best,

Royd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Léon 't Hoen View Post
I loved Immonen's work on Thor and Legion of Superheroes and everything he did before that. But the style he now has doesn't do it for me
Royd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2006, 09:02 AM   #15
Royd
Producer
Producer

Yes he will be able to keep up a regular monthly schedule! After all, he's been keeping up monthly schedules for quite some years with lengthy runs as writer and artist on Superman titles (Action and Adventures), artist on Legion and more recently on Ultimate Fantastic Four, Ultimate X-Men and NextWave.

He's one of the few artists working today who is able to maintain a regular monthly schedule Best,

Royd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babytoxie View Post
I like his work in general, but I haven't kept up with it lately. Doesn't he have a reputation for being slow? Will he be able to keep a schedule?
Old 10-29-2006, 09:13 AM   #16
Royd
Producer
Producer

As most have probably guessed, I'm a dedicated fan of Stuart and his work so I thought that those who share my liking for his work might like to see some of his originals including published and unpublished pieces. They're from my original art collection displayed at CAF and can be seen here -
http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryRoom.asp?GSub=159 Enjoy Best,

Royd