Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Pop Culture Shock

Old 11-27-2013, 10:24 PM   #911
BornFreeSF
Kiss my shiny metal arse!

Quote:
Originally Posted by s_paulik87 View Post
The fgc in general is made up of mostly cry babies and drama queens. Eg: tym
Ha. Not as bad as COD. That's the worst.

Generally when I play SF4 online people surprise with some nice messages.

If I get any bad messages I just respond with "you must defeat sheng long to stand a chance".
Always pisses them off!
BornFreeSF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2013, 10:30 PM   #912
BornFreeSF

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joppula View Post
Thanks man. I try to be a voice of reason in that madhouse. EH can be a cesspool of negativity.

It's a completely different mindset than on Statue Forum. This is my place of Zen by comparison.

I'll tell you what Mark, it's too bad you aren't the EH roving reporter.

You've got the video and interviewing skills for it. Instead we're stuck with that Bias Goon Jason24cf.

Best of luck on your job interviews brother. And thanks for the Up-Votes
Yeah that's why I've been upvoting you

You did a good job at calling out the BS.

BTW, has anyone confirmed if RED FOCUS is useful? I'm probably missing something but I'm struggling to see why they created it. Is it a game changer?
Wasn't it supposed to take up to 10 hits or something, but right now seems like it takes between 3-5 and can still be armor broken right?
Old 11-27-2013, 11:53 PM   #913
Vince-Vell
Cosmic Painter
PainterModerator

Quote:
Originally Posted by BornFreeSF View Post
BTW, has anyone confirmed if RED FOCUS is useful? I'm probably missing something but I'm struggling to see why they created it. Is it a game changer?
Wasn't it supposed to take up to 10 hits or something, but right now seems like it takes between 3-5 and can still be armor broken right?
Not much yet, so far only one loc test in japan and much info didn't come from it for some reason on forums.

This weekend new location tests in CA starting Fri night, so we can expect a lot of new info. But i don't see red focus being a good tool, cause as of now focus is not abused other then FDAC 90% of the time. But people did say to do a red focus FDAC it takes a full super and that can be a nice tool if it does good damage.

Quote:
The rules regarding what Red Focus can absorb are currently unknown. It was originally reported that it could only take two hits of focus and the third would result in a counter hit, but this has since been proven wrong.

- Red Focus takes 2 stocks of meter to use.

- Red Focus FADC takes four stocks of meter.

- Level 1 Red Focus does not crumple the opponent.
Vince-Vell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2013, 12:04 AM   #914
BornFreeSF

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince-Vell View Post
Not much yet, so far only one loc test in japan and much info didn't come from it for some reason on forums.

This weekend new location tests in CA starting Fri night, so we can expect a lot of new info. But i don't see red focus being a good tool, cause as of now focus is not abused other then FDAC 90% of the time. But people did say to do a red focus FDAC it takes a full super and that can be a nice tool if it does good damage.
Hmm, I guess we will see.

I have to admit I'm still a bit confused what a red focus FADC would look like?
I mean a DP FADC is just a dragon punch, that's cancelled by a focus, that's cancelled by a dash.
So the "focus" part of it is just a device to cancel the DP.
So I don't see the point in using red focus because it's two extra super bars (4 in total - 2 for the red focus and 2 for the dash cancel).

What am I misunderstanding?
Old 11-28-2013, 12:19 AM   #915
Joppula
The Horsemen of Apocalypse

Quote:
Hmm, I guess we will see.

I have to admit I'm still a bit confused what a red focus FADC would look like?
I mean a DP FADC is just a dragon punch, that's cancelled by a focus, that's cancelled by a dash.
So the "focus" part of it is just a device to cancel the DP.
So I don't see the point in using red focus because it's two extra super bars (4 in total - 2 for the red focus and 2 for the dash cancel).

What am I misunderstanding?
But you CAN cancel the attack portion of your Focus Attack. And dash away.

But regular FA doesn't cost meter. Red Focus does. So once you release the buttons and enter the attack portion of your RF, you can still cancel it if they block.

(That's assuming you hadn't reached a lvl3 crumple attack)

So it's not an RFADC, it's just a regular Dash Cancel of a Red Focus Attack. Ultimately costing a total of four bars. Two for this, two for that. Get it?

My personal opinion on RF. it's going to become extremely useful in very specific situations. Ex fire balls from Ryu won't be a problem for Akuma anymore assuming you have a few bars to burn.

And it's not official yet, but after speaking to Squallsaga on EH, it seems RF (at this point) can absorb limitless hits while in the RF charge state (holding the buttons down). He was present at the Japanese loctests.

So absorbing full Supers, Chun's legs or Honda's hands should be no trouble at all. (Mind that you still acquire gray health and can be armor broken)

That should make for some hype moments in the hands of the best players.
Joppula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2013, 01:08 AM   #916
BornFreeSF

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joppula View Post
But you CAN cancel the attack portion of your Focus Attack. And dash away.

But regular FA doesn't cost meter. Red Focus does. So once you release the buttons and enter the attack portion of your RF, you can still cancel it if they block.

(That's assuming you hadn't reached a lvl3 crumple attack)

So it's not an RFADC, it's just a regular Dash Cancel of a Red Focus Attack. Ultimately costing a total of four bars. Two for this, two for that. Get it?

My personal opinion on RF. it's going to become extremely useful in very specific situations. Ex fire balls from Ryu won't be a problem for Akuma anymore assuming you have a few bars to burn.

And it's not official yet, but after speaking to Squallsaga on EH, it seems RF (at this point) can absorb limitless hits while in the RF charge state (holding the buttons down). He was present at the Japanese loctests.

So absorbing full Supers, Chun's legs or Honda's hands should be no trouble at all. (Mind that you still acquire gray health and can be armor broken)

That should make for some hype moments in the hands of the best players.
Oh ok. Thanks. So it's actually just a dash after the focus attack? I guess it is technically a "cancel" because it replaces the recovery with the dash but I've always referred to that as a Focus Attack Dash.

So you could potentially focus Chuns legs, then crumple her and dash and ultra, which would be pretty hype I guess.
But a lot of supers and ultras are used when your opponent is in juggle state, which is a shame because it would be amazing to focus the whole of Ryus ultra 1.

Talking of Ryus red fireball being trouble for Akuma did you see the 1/2 interview with Daigo talking about his first to 10 with Infiltration?

You'd have to have very quick reactions (or a good read) to focus through Ryus red fireball. I mean I think if you're going to use two super bars you will want to be close and focus and dash forwards straight into a throw or combo.
Otherwise, if you are further back I think a neutral jump would potentially be better than using two super bars.

It's all very intriguing. I really want to see a match scenario with red focus.
Old 11-28-2013, 01:16 AM   #917
Joppula

Right! Well, that's what's it's all about isn't it. To get people interested.

Everyone who LOVES this stuff is going crazy right now thinking about all if the cool setups coming down the pipe.

Idk if Ryu's U1 could be absorbed. But I know his Super can be. I saw a promo pic that showed RF absorbing it

And you're correct. Most Ultras and Supers are used from a juggle or at least a hit confirm.

But it'll be really interesting to see what kind of offensive options this mechanic can create. Especially for grapplers.
Old 11-28-2013, 02:11 AM   #918
BornFreeSF

This is just sick!

http://youtu.be/GovGCe0km4I

I love me some dark hado.
Old 11-28-2013, 03:38 AM   #919
Joppula

Quote:
This is just sick!

That set was incredible. That entire event was stacked! Sako and Infiltration two of the best!

I've had the honor of playing Infiltration.... He's a monster. So much respect for him. Truly humble with a gracious personality.

Great upload Mark. That set was nearly as high level as you get. One of the 'Japanese Gods' vs 'Evo Champ' and arguably the strongest player in the world currently.
Old 11-28-2013, 04:37 AM   #920
Hercules75
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
This is just sick!

Goddamn mind boggling otherworldly talent right there...Infiltration must be Daigo's Siamese twin..Their fighting style and emotional composure are virtually identical
Hercules75 is offline   Reply With Quote