Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 06-14-2019, 05:10 PM   #631
ukshaun
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indomitus View Post
Makes me nervous walking by. Maybe I need to look into securing it with that earthquake putty.
If you plan on keeping the piece forever, it might be worth joining Elektra to the base using Araldite epoxy resin.

The base it'self is reasonably stable. I'm not sure what would be the best way to secure that down? assuming you want to move it around in the future.
ukshaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2019, 05:23 PM   #632
Indomitus
Kiss my shiny metal arse!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukshaun View Post
If you plan on keeping the piece forever, it might be worth joining Elektra to the base using Araldite epoxy resin.

The base it'self is reasonably stable. I'm not sure what would be the best way to secure that down? assuming you want to move it around in the future.
Has anyone tried using this on their pieces?

Indomitus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2019, 08:44 AM   #633
Lonewolf65
Luke Cage

Never heard of quake hold before but then again we don't get many in Scotland, waiting now for someone to correct me and say we do, even then not strong enough to require putty
On the stability front I'll let you know when she arrives, currently in Leipzig speeding her way here.
Lonewolf65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2019, 02:42 PM   #634
Lonewolf65
Luke Cage

No. 566 has arrived, well...she was picked up really, left work and made the 120ml round trip to collect her from DHL so as to avoid the local delivery ----wit guy from playing football with the box, just finished setting her up and what can I say...
PERFECTION, no that's not enough, but it's all I can come up with at the moment.
As ukshaun has previously stated the painting is spot on, the most accurate I've seen yet (ok she's only number 6 but all the same) the portrait is phenomenal.
The stability issue...not that bad as far as I can tell, she does wobble a little, but not enough to worry me as she sits on very solid shelving.
Wow...probably the most I've said in a single post since I've been on here, I'll shut up now...
OK last thing, if you're on the fence about this...get off and get her while you can.
Old 06-17-2019, 02:55 PM   #635
ukshaun
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonewolf65 View Post
No. 566 has arrived, well...she was picked up really, left work and made the 120ml round trip to collect her from DHL so as to avoid the local delivery ----wit guy from playing football with the box, just finished setting her up and what can I say...
PERFECTION, no that's not enough, but it's all I can come up with at the moment.
As ukshaun has previously stated the painting is spot on, the most accurate I've seen yet (ok she's only number 6 but all the same) the portrait is phenomenal.
The stability issue...not that bad as far as I can tell, she does wobble a little, but not enough to worry me as she sits on very solid shelving.
Wow...probably the most I've said in a single post since I've been on here, I'll shut up now...
OK last thing, if you're on the fence about this...get off and get her while you can.
Congrats!

I'd go as far as to say, i paint line work on Elektra is higher quality than Rogue. Rogue is good, Elektra is spot on.
Old 06-17-2019, 02:59 PM   #636
Lonewolf65
Luke Cage

Quote:
Congrats!

I'd go as far as to say, i paint line work on Elektra is higher quality than Rogue. Rogue is good, Elektra is spot on.
I've got her standing between two Red Sonja's...what more could anyone want
Old 06-17-2019, 03:04 PM   #637
ukshaun
Hercules

Quote:
Two very good Sideshow pieces.

Edit: Two Red Sonja's? ..you have the Will Harbottle piece also?
I passed on that. It's a super piece
Old 06-17-2019, 03:25 PM   #638
Barbarian
Jedi Order

Quote:
Congtrats! What he said...
Quote:
Two very good Sideshow pieces.
So true.
Barbarian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2019, 03:33 PM   #639
Lonewolf65
Luke Cage

Now I just need Dejah, Vampi, more realistic Lady Death and Druuna and I'll be happy
Old 06-17-2019, 04:01 PM   #640
jmsmith3388
The Avengers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indomitus View Post
Has anyone tried using this on their pieces?

I used it on an old ARH Conan statue several years ago. It will help hold your piece in the key holes. However it is a real pain to get out of groves and small holes. It also seemed to remove a very small amount of paint.

Overall, it did a good job holding that massive snake in place. But I would not use it again unless I could not return the piece and was really worried about it falling out of the key hole.

I use it on picture frames a lot to hold the bottom of the frame against the wall to prevent it from moving/crooked.
jmsmith3388 is offline   Reply With Quote