Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > DC

Old 05-22-2019, 10:27 PM   #1281
Augen
The Hulk

Picked mine up in a LCS. Inspected it and very happy with quality. This series has been winner after winner.
Augen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2019, 08:00 PM   #1282
KaraFan
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

I absolutely love the Joelle Jones Cover Girls line. I think all of their faces are beautiful and love the dramatic poses. All the statue so far look fabulous. This line over all the other DCCG lines all seem to go together and look awesome as a set. Looking forward to more from Joelle. Really hoping to see Cheetah show up finally!
KaraFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2019, 09:10 PM   #1283
Gothamite
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaraFan View Post
I absolutely love the Joelle Jones Cover Girls line. I think all of their faces are beautiful and love the dramatic poses. All the statue so far look fabulous. This line over all the other DCCG lines all seem to go together and look awesome as a set. Looking forward to more from Joelle. Really hoping to see Cheetah show up finally!
Gothamite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2019, 10:06 PM   #1284
SLO_MO
The Spirit

Saw the new WW at my LCS - it looks fantastic. The design and sculpt are great but I just wish it was a little bit bigger at 1/6 scale. Thinking I'll wait for pics of the Frisson Designer series piece to make a choice.
SLO_MO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2019, 10:13 PM   #1285
Gothamite
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLO_MO View Post
Saw the new WW at my LCS - it looks fantastic. The design and sculpt are great but I just wish it was a little bit bigger at 1/6 scale. Thinking I'll wait for pics of the Frisson Designer series piece to make a choice.
Buy both.
Old 05-23-2019, 11:01 PM   #1286
Rom-El
Blue Falcon

Saw a video review of WW Joelle on YT. Looks quite impressive, stature, hair,and especially costume. Not too thrilled with the changes to the face, looks more simplified (same with the Frison statue.) But overall looks good.
Rom-El is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2019, 12:50 AM   #1287
Rom-El
Blue Falcon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gothamite View Post
I finally got the Wonder Woman 600 statue today.

https://dccomicsstatues.blogspot.com...ue-review.html

I know what you mean about the eye change from the prototype. I still like the statue. I read that run and remember all the press and negative reaction about the costume change. I knew it wouldn't be permanent so I actually liked the costume (such as the leggings and boots.) I enjoyed the run, but it was too bad that J. Michael Straczynski left early (as well as the Superman Grounded run) to work on Earth One, so the story kind of just tapered off.

I remember that this costume led up to the new WW costume for New 52. I believe the New 52 corset was influenced by it (the groove pattern, which also made its way to the movie), and they almost kept the long pants (but changed it last minute.)

Rom-El is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2019, 06:56 PM   #1288
JoeWorf
The Herculoids

Quote:
That's by design, it's obvious that Joelle Jones draws her own face and Jack Mathews follows her lead.
I just picked up mine at my LCS, as well. Quite satisfied and probably my favorite Joelle Jones Cover Girl to date. I'm not on board as a hyper-fan of Jones' work for the very reason that they ALL look like her, except maybe this one. The face is leaner and gaunter and not as cherubic as her previous statues and I like the pose which doesn't feature a sword or shield and emphasizes the lasso, which is the Wonder Woman imagery I grew up with. Also a bit tired of the Gadot/Rebirth skirt portrayal (although I admit it seems more appropriate from a mythology stance) but I can live with this one and maybe Frison's.
Change is cool though.... I was happy when they ditched the invisible plane and gave her flight abilities some time ago.
JoeWorf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2019, 07:10 PM   #1289
Gothamite
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeWorf View Post
I'm not on board as a hyper-fan of Jones' work for the very reason that they ALL look like her, except maybe this one.
Would you rather the Cover Girls look like Jack Mathews?
Old 05-26-2019, 07:31 PM   #1290
JoeWorf
The Herculoids

Quote:
Would you rather the Cover Girls look like Jack Mathews?
Uh.... maybe.... as long as they don't have five o'clock shadows!!
JoeWorf is offline   Reply With Quote