Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 10-25-2017, 09:25 PM   #23061
Philintheblank
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

^I thought the humor might be a little over the top...the more trailers I watched, the more it felt like they laid it on too thick. Shame to hear about Blanchett...coolest villain I've seen in a while. I'll still catch it, though. More cautiously optimistic than I was when the first trailer came out.

Blade Runner 2049- 8/10 Great movie and well performed. Ending was a little disappointing. Hopefully they come out with another one. Hologram was
Philintheblank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2017, 02:55 AM   #23062
sylvan
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

Thor ragnarok 8/10 loved the humour. Equal favorite thor movie with the first one. Both are different style movies tho
sylvan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2017, 06:10 AM   #23063
Vracula
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saturday_Knight_Surfer View Post
Thor Ragnarok - 3/10 (just for Cate Blanchett). Horrible movie. Worst Marvel movie.
Lol were u the dude that said that BVS was the worst movie u have ever seen?
Vracula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2017, 07:48 AM   #23064
Saturday_Knight_Surfer
U talkin' to me?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vracula View Post
Lol were u the dude that said that BVS was the worst movie u have ever seen?
Not me.
BVS was far for being the best, but not bad at all.

But this Thor Ragnarok is just disrespecting characters I grew with.
I was totally speechless 5 minutes after the beginning of the movie... after seeing a major villain interrupt his speech because Thor asked him to. Huh... WTF?
Can you accept that a major character, one of the most powerful SH of the Marvel Universe, renowned scientist, be shown as a coward and a moron?

If you like comedy, jokes and popcorn movies, well this movie is OK for you.
If you want to see a SH movie, an epic movie, well it's not for you.

FYI I really dig the GOTG movies. But there're not a joke contest as Thor Ragnarok is.
Saturday_Knight_Surfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2017, 07:52 AM   #23065
AsOneDead
You got red on you

Thor Ragnarok - 2/5
AsOneDead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2017, 08:25 AM   #23066
Demona
Martian Manhunter

Well ---- -- I hope Thor doesn't seems as mediocre as you guys think. But if it is, I'm not surprised. I have intentionally only watched trailers that were attached to movies I was already seeing in the threatre. And while fun, it always looks like the script is trying too hard.

I LOVE Cate Blanchett. So I'm a little sad to hear she's not in it a bunch. Her character design is amazing and Hela is a great character.

Marvel will still get my money and I have resigned myself to the fact that Captain America is the best stand-alone character franchise in the Marvel U. I have liked, if not loved, all of his movies.
Demona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2017, 09:47 AM   #23067
Luminous
Cyclops

So far the only concerning criticism I have seen about Thor is what Bullseye said about the film's villain. Was really hoping Marvel would deliver a memorable villain with Blanchett as Hela.
Luminous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2017, 05:48 PM   #23068
ParisDean
Kiss my shiny metal arse!

Solaris (1972) - A psychologist is sent to a station orbiting a distant planet in order to discover what has caused the crew to go insane.

I finally made it to the end of this one! Actually, the cinematography at times is exquisite and the movie gives you a lot to think about. It's so dense with subtext that I should watch it again before forming an opinion--all of Tarkovsky's films should be seen more than once anyway--but for now I'll prematurely rate it 8/10.
ParisDean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2017, 11:00 PM   #23069
SONICobra
Batman

ive always viewed these movies as elseworld tales so it doesn't bother me when characters deviate from their comic counterparts. it does annoy me that the movies are influencing the comics at times though
SONICobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2017, 02:00 AM   #23070
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SONICobra View Post
ive always viewed these comics as elseworld tales so it doesn't bother me when characters deviate from their comic counterparts. it does annoy me that the movies are influencing the comics at times though
More or less how I view all the movies as well. I don’t read the comics anymore though, so I can’t comment on the impact of film in that medium in today’s market.
Hellboy is offline   Reply With Quote