Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 10-18-2021, 02:12 PM   #27951
Quicksilver
Suicide Squad

It Comes at Night (2017) - Some of my favorite horror movies lately (which have all become part of my top 10 of all time: The Lighthouse, Midsommar, Hereditary, and The Witch) were A24 films, so I wanted to try out some of their other releases in hopes they'd be as good (although I wasn't confident i'd find anything, the movies I mentioned above were so great because of the amazing directing by Robert Eggers and Ari Aster) so I gave It Comes at Night a shot, I heard a lot of mixed reviews and it seemed like one of those love it or hate it movies. I ended up in the middle, I enjoyed it overall but it didnt blow me away, it had mystery (aka not explaining anything that was happening) which in a movie like the Lighthouse that apprach worked perfectly, but in a movie more grounded like this one it left me wanting more, and it was ultimately pretty uneventful, not much happens and I ended up thinking what was the point of watching lol Joel Edgerton was really good with what he had, im glad that guy is in more and more movies these days, but overall he alone couldnt save the movie - 6/10
Quicksilver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2021, 03:25 PM   #27952
Dirt Torpedo
The Thunderbolts

Dune - a strong 8/10
Dirt Torpedo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2021, 05:10 PM   #27953
ParisDean
Kiss my shiny metal arse!

Titane (2021) - A father takes in a serial killer he believes is his long-lost son.

The above description is accurate and yet there is so much more to this movie. ("Titane" refers to the titanium plate in the main character's skull.) It was the Golden Palm winner at Cannes this year and while I thought it was indeed a very good film, I'm not sure watching its many provocatively unsettling scenes was an enjoyable experience. 7/10
ParisDean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2021, 05:16 PM   #27954
The Dark Knight
Jubilee

Quote:
Originally Posted by ParisDean View Post

Titane (2021) - A father takes in a serial killer he believes is his long-lost son.

The above description is accurate and yet there is so much more to this movie. ("Titane" refers to the titanium plate in the main character's skull.) It was the Golden Palm winner at Cannes this year and while I thought it was indeed a very good film, I'm not sure watching its many provocatively unsettling scenes was an enjoyable experience. 7/10
The film got Palme d'Or of this year, huh. I need to see this, now. It has been a while since i last saw or watched on tv a art film, anyway.
The Dark Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2021, 10:20 AM   #27955
jeremydmc
Black Panther

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirt Torpedo View Post
Dune - a strong 8/10
I agree 8/10, I had no idea it was a multi part movie. I had stayed away from articles about it. Now the wait for part 2. LOL
jeremydmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2021, 01:59 PM   #27956
ParisDean
Kiss my shiny metal arse!

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Knight View Post
The film got Palme d'Or of this year, huh. I need to see this, now. It has been a while since i last saw or watched on tv a art film, anyway.
It's raunchy. There are gruesome murders, car sex (not people having sex in a car, but one person having sex with a car) and body horror scenes. After watching this movie, I would advise against having sex with a car.
ParisDean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2021, 02:12 PM   #27957
jeremydmc
Black Panther

Quote:
It's raunchy. There are gruesome murders, car sex (not people having sex in a car, but one person having sex with a car) and body horror scenes. After watching this movie, I would advise against having sex with a car.
Never thought I would ever read that. LOL
jeremydmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2021, 02:21 PM   #27958
nearmint
Phoenix

Quote:
I would advise against having sex with a car.
Important safety tip.
nearmint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2021, 03:08 PM   #27959
ZenLogikos
S.H.I.E.L.D.
Adamantium Member

Quote:
Even if you've got Ziebart undercoating? I've got an appointment next week. I'm just taking things slowly and trying to be careful. We don't want any 'accidents'. I think I'll be confident enough to take her for a spin then...
ZenLogikos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2021, 03:11 PM   #27960
nearmint
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZenLogikos View Post
Even if you've got Ziebart undercoating? I've got an appointment next week. I'm just taking things slowly and trying to be careful. We don't want any 'accidents'. I think I'll be confident enough to take her for a spin then...
I highly recommend a safe word.
nearmint is offline   Reply With Quote